The KLEENEX "I'm Not Watching!" Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: The KLEENEX "I'm Not Watching!" Thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me, last season and this season have taken on the air of self torture. I have to watch because my boy is 11 and going through his Arsenal obsession phase. So I have to be there with him. I have to ensure he spends his life as a Gooner. I know we are gonna win fuck all. I know we are gonna have more games like the Toffees debacle. I know I'm gonna get angry, frustrated, pissed off and depressed by this team and its waaaaay-past-his-sell-by-date manager... but I also know I have to watch it all.. for months to come... It's like being one of those monks in a monastery that whip themselves... :|

And in a fucking weird self harming kind of way I'm kinda enjoying it... how much shit can I take? It's like a challenge... :lol: :banghead:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Decided to visit relatives of the non football supporting kind tomorrow afternoon - looking forward to a decent weekend and don't want our wankers spoiling it. We've been class when I haven't watched anyway :D

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

not watching :barscarf:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Another meaningless groundhog game successfully avoided :barscarf:

Looking forward to Preston.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

You Lucky Wise Buggers! :?

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Just seen the score. What a frigging surprise. Done with these shit melt downs year in year out.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Managed to duck out with the score 1-1 to dish up and and eat a delicious roast beef dinner with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, broccoli and green beans with gravy...

Think I had the better end of the deal :rubchin:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

wilko49er wrote:Just seen the score. What a frigging surprise. Done with these shit melt downs year in year out.
what a *word censored* i am, checked it at ht and a small part of me actually got excited. checked at ft and sky were promoting future matches and not displaying the score. i saw the empty away end behind them and realised quickly that we fucked it up again :roll: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:Managed to duck out with the score 1-1 to dish up and and eat a delicious roast beef dinner with roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, broccoli and green beans with gravy...

Think I had the better end of the deal :rubchin:
Chicken?

:lol: :wink:

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Checked at ht and felt...nothing.

Checked again at ft and also felt nothing. Par for the course these days for me.

Not sure if I envy those that still care or not. I do miss the days when Arsenal's results mattered to me and either put me on a high or a downer for the rest of the week.

Fuck off Wenker.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Ive hardly watched or listened to a game this season.Ive watched Bournemouth and todays shite on tv,i listened to manure and checked for updates in a couple of other games,luckily i was in the airport during dippers and scum games.I fell by the wayside and actually went to Sunderland and then to Everton during the week,i enjoyed the day out against the mackems but knew tbe season wasnt going anywhere as usual :cry: the next few games will see me revert back to couldntgiveafuckness 8) we are fucked for as long as he is here :cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:For me, last season and this season have taken on the air of self torture. I have to watch because my boy is 11 and going through his Arsenal obsession phase. So I have to be there with him. I have to ensure he spends his life as a Gooner. I know we are gonna win fuck all. I know we are gonna have more games like the Toffees debacle. I know I'm gonna get angry, frustrated, pissed off and depressed by this team and its waaaaay-past-his-sell-by-date manager... but I also know I have to watch it all.. for months to come... It's like being one of those monks in a monastery that whip themselves... :|

And in a fucking weird self harming kind of way I'm kinda enjoying it... how much shit can I take? It's like a challenge... :lol: :banghead:
:?

:rubchin:

What 'you' need to realise DB is that what is weird to other folk is perfectly normal to you. :proudtosay:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

As I have copped 4 out of the last 5 christmases on duty and as i will be transferred somewhere else to a shift where i'll be working christmas again next year making it 5 out of 6, :banghead: :banghead: :( :( we will be having our dinner tomorrow and i will be spending the day at home with wife and kids building dc superhero girls play set and playing on the millennium falcon and listening to her order shit off the next website.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

off to the races...no interest at all in the Arsenal game...only FA Cup left now...

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Down at the in laws.Lunch at 3pm 8)