Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Chippy

Re: Wayno/ Mutley Gooner

Post by Chippy »

Do we know what really happened?

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Dicko wrote::shock: :? Very sad news for Wayno & his young family. I have a photo of Wayno in Block 2 a number of years back. I tried to find it last night but couldn't.

RIP
The one with the Wayno writing came up on my Facebook news feed from my photo album from 9 years ago today.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Dicko wrote:
Dicko wrote::shock: :? Very sad news for Wayno & his young family. I have a photo of Wayno in Block 2 a number of years back. I tried to find it last night but couldn't.

RIP
The one with the Wayno writing came up on my Facebook news feed from my photo album from 9 years ago today.

Great pics Dicko. I think the first time I met Wayno was in the Rocket before the chav game back in December 2007 when we beat the chav and welcomed Cashley A-Hole back to The Arsenal. Had a great time and a few beers with him. He was such a funny fucker. :barscarf: :lol:

Can't remember if I met you and the great Kevinho that day as well or was that later? Maybe before a scum game? :rubchin:

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

DB10GOONER wrote: Can't remember if I met you and the great Kevinho that day as well or was that later? Maybe before a scum game? :rubchin:
Sadly we are in the middle of divorcing. Yes it was before Tottenham in the Gunners pub on a night match I met you. I think I've only met you once? I can't remember maybe that was the first time I met Wayno but did see him a lot in the Rocket many times.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Dicko wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote: Can't remember if I met you and the great Kevinho that day as well or was that later? Maybe before a scum game? :rubchin:
Sadly we are in the middle of divorcing. Yes it was before Tottenham in the Gunners pub on a night match I met you. I think I've only met you once? I can't remember maybe that was the first time I met Wayno but did see him a lot in the Rocket many times.
Aw jeez, genuinely sorry to hear about you and Kevinho, Dicko. Yeah we met just the once - although I think we walked by each other the night I assaulted Kenny Sansom in Gate 31 :shock: :lol: . Was a good crowd that night in the Gunners; Pixie, DS, Gus, Spuddy, Doris, REB, and a few others off here.

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

BUMP!
It's a bit over a year ago that Wayno/Mutley/ fucking legend departed this world.
He was a loveable nutcase who brought joy to many.
Soon after he died I asked for donations toward maybe a memorial plaque or something. Wayne would laugh his socks off at this.....I raised the massive sum of £70. And I put £30 of that in myself.
Thank you to the other contributors....
Spud Masher
Donny Lachiffoniere (what a lovely posh name).
Finbarr Dunne
I'm not looking for further donations. There is no room left for plaques at the Grove.
So. I'm thinking of giving the £70 to a decent charity. There is no charity specifically devoted to mad arse Gooners. So I'm looking for suggestions and the permission of those who have chipped in.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

https://www.samaritans.org we don't know if it was an accident or not but if the later this would be appropriate.

Or as he had a family maybe https://childbereavementuk.org/for-fami ... -a-parent/. I'm not sure if his children had grown up?

Or for his widow this is a charity for widows under 50.

https://www.widowedandyoung.org.uk/about/what-is-way/

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Samaritans is probably a good shout.

The inquest into Wayne's death concluded that it was suicide. This is just an "educated" guess. Possibly influenced by the history of suicides on our railways. There is only one person who could say what his intent was. And he's not with us any more. I prefer to think that he was having a mad moment, under the influence of alcohol, where he thought he could race across the track before the train arrived. The idea kind of fits in with his brilliantly mad arse personality. He was on the route home. It was getting late. He'd been drinking. Possibly quite a lot.

I'm thinking maybe give the money to a charity which does Christmas dinners for the homeless? I happen to know that Wayne has given money to this cause.

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Nice to get a bit of information. If it was alcohol driven then would it most probably not be suicide but more accidental?

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

That's my opinion. Wayne had a lovely wife and three children who he was immensely proud of. Good job. Nice lifestyle. He would have to be very, very troubled to have decided to leave all that behind him. I don't believe for one second that his death was planned. I've also visited the railway crossing where he died. It's one of those where there is a curve on the approach. Non stopping high speed trains would not be visible until the last moment. I think he was trying to beat the clock. If he'd have managed it then he would have had another mad arse tale to tell. All I really can be sure of is that he was one of those special people who inflicted laughter on to people. Whether they wanted it or not. I wasn't a close friend of his. I only met him on the odd occasion at Arsenal . And we had great banter online. I just liked him a whole lot.

Gooner_Sam

Post by Gooner_Sam »

Have only just seen this thread, very sad news. Go well, Wayno.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

olgitgooner wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 pm
That's my opinion. Wayne had a lovely wife and three children who he was immensely proud of. Good job. Nice lifestyle. He would have to be very, very troubled to have decided to leave all that behind him. I don't believe for one second that his death was planned. I've also visited the railway crossing where he died. It's one of those where there is a curve on the approach. Non stopping high speed trains would not be visible until the last moment. I think he was trying to beat the clock. If he'd have managed it then he would have had another mad arse tale to tell. All I really can be sure of is that he was one of those special people who inflicted laughter on to people. Whether they wanted it or not. I wasn't a close friend of his. I only met him on the odd occasion at Arsenal . And we had great banter online. I just liked him a whole lot.
It's impossible to know really, olgit. I've had two close friends commit suicide and with one he had been diagnosed as bipolar so the risk was always there, but the other one, no one had a clue. Both were very definite suicides too. You just don't know what's going through someone else's mind. I like to think with Wayno it was just an accident. I don't know how that makes it "better" for anyone, but I just think maybe it kinda does? When it's intentional suicide the people left behind feel guilty, cheated, robbed and betrayed and spend the rest of their life asking themselves what they could have done differently, how they could maybe have prevented it.

I only met him a few times in pubs before games so I too wasn't close to Wayno. It's such a shame he's gone, he was a funny loveable guy, always up for the piss take, and with a nice self-deprecating sense of humor. He could dish it out and he could take it back too.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:cry: