Wilshere going out on loan?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Wilshere going out on loan?

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
rodders999 wrote:Crystal fucking Palace??? :roll:

So he won't even leave London the lazy prick, way to better yourself Jack :banghead:
Hey - let's not rule out Bournemouth yet! :barscarf:

:shock:

:lol:
:cake:

We need a "Nostradamus" emoticon. :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Wilshere may yet come good if he can stay fit and take the bug out of his arse that makes him think he's superman .
Bournemouth is a good place to play as they do try and play football ,it might well be the making of him .

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Will be very interesting if he manages to stay fit whilst playing regularly (if he does) for Bournemouth because for me it will really shed a bad light on our medical team and also Arsene's training methods, anyway good luck to him he might be a wnaker but he is our wnaker :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

As I believe alot of Wilshere's injury problems are down to his fearless style of play, and hanging onto the ball too long thus inviting the tackles that crock him, I'm hoping that a more disciplined manager (maybe Howe?) will work on that side of his game. Where Wenger tells them "Go out and play your game, express yourself", a pragmatic manager will say "Play to the system, remember your job". The difference in Messi-Lite wannabe Ramsey with Wales under Coleman and with Arsenal under Wenger is a glaring example.

I'd still like to see a home-grown player like Jack succeed at Arsenal. Hopefully this will be the making of him.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:Wilshere may yet come good if he can stay fit and take the bug out of his arse that makes him think he's superman .
Bournemouth is a good place to play as they do try and play football ,it might well be the making of him .

When he first arrived on the scene thought he would be top class, but his style of play he is prone to getting caught with injuries

Thought he gained too much weight and has no pace to get away from tackles, he also dwells on the ball far too much

Sad.....he had potential

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Can you imagine the first time JW is in the team prep talk to discuss 'Tactics' - He will have an almighty puzzled look on his boat race and ask

"What's these things called Tactics Eddie?" :?

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

OneBardGooner wrote:Can you imagine the first time JW is in the team prep talk to discuss 'Tactics' - He will have an almighty puzzled look on his boat race and ask

"Ain't they those little mints mate. Yeah that's it, the little mints"

Seriously though - everybody has missed the most important part of this brilliant loan deal. Young Master Wheelchair is going to be playing in a team that will be under the pump for a high percentage of most matches and that's gonna be alien to him. How's he gonna react to that?

Will he use his skill to drag Bournemouth into a winning or drawing position? Or will he get frustrated and lash out? Or - try to do too much because the players around him aren't anywhere near as good as he's been used to?

He's not bright enough to protect himself so I can see this going badly. Either through more injury, poor disciplinary record or falling out with his new team mates.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Can you imagine the first time JW is in the team prep talk to discuss 'Tactics' - He will have an almighty puzzled look on his boat race and ask

Seriously though - everybody has missed the most important part of this brilliant loan deal. Young Master Wheelchair is going to be playing in a team that will be under the pump for a high percentage of most matches and that's gonna be alien to him. How's he gonna react to that?

Will he use his skill to drag Bournemouth into a winning or drawing position? Or will he get frustrated and lash out? Or - try to do too much because the players around him aren't anywhere near as good as he's been used to?

He's not bright enough to protect himself so I can see this going badly. Either through more injury, poor disciplinary record or falling out with his new team mates.
excellent piece on the homepage jfg. spot on and no akb can give a cogent rebuttal. love to see u debate it with some of the lalalanders who run untold.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Jack going to Bournemouth is the club's underhand way of getting our future manager and future captain working together....., :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:

excellent piece on the homepage jfg. spot on and no akb can give a cogent rebuttal. love to see u debate it with some of the lalalanders who run untold.
Jumpers - that is an excellent piece, a couple of inaccuracies and a couple of points I wouldn't agree with, but as an overall critique of Wenger and the AKB it is excellent. 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yup! Well done Jumpers :barscarf:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

There's quite a few postmortems and criticism of Jack on this thread, but rather than a sign of his decline and/or poor attitude, I see it as (to use a Wengerism) "special circumstances" :oops:

He's 24 (I think) and has hardly had a professional career because of his endless string of injuries. He needs to play week in, week out and find his rhythm. He won't get that at Arsenal because he's blocked from centre midfield by Xhaka and Cazorla and blocked from the number 10 role by Ozil (and possibly Ramsey and Cazorla too).

If ever a player need to just play football it's Wilshere.

My worry is what happens next? - I'd love to think he'll regain his confidence, sign a new contract and come back to The Arsenal next season a transformed player however I do see similarities with Ashley Cole in his makeup, and wouldn't be surprised if he was tempted by his Engerland mates to join them at Citeh, United, Liverpool or chavs and declined to sign a new contract, forcing us to sell. :(

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

He'll never play for Arsenal again. Loaned out at 24..........au revoir!!

beck

Post by beck »

Nos89 wrote:Bournemouth?

Didn't Allardyce have him at Bolton on loan.
Owen coyle was manager at that time

Rosie_titters

Post by Rosie_titters »

Makes sense Wilshire going out on loan. Waste of wages and talent just sitting on the bench. The bloke needs game time and lots of it. Not sure if he will ever come back to be a first teamer. But a decent season for Bournemouth and we might get a £20m offer.