Wilshere going out on loan?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
oaodan

Re: Wilshere going out on loan?

Post by oaodan »

He's going on loan because "competition for a midfield place is going to be fierce". And yet we will still have a shit midfield, it's some achievement.

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

I'd like him to stay with us this season, I think he has a lot to offer (if he can stay injury free that is)
So I would be rather disappointed if he does go out on loan!

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:That's two 24 year olds out on loan with Joel Campbell as well. Says a lot about Wenger.

Now Yankee what would an American know about soccerball

:wink: :lol:
:barscarf:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

This is like trying to get rid of a girlfriend. You give it the,"It's not you it's me", thing,or you suggest a break or an open relationship, but know deep down that you should just be drawing a line underneath it and moving on. :banghead:

Just sell him. :banghead:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I hope he goes abroad, it will improve him no end. He's been at the club for 16 years so a change will do him good. Hopefully, he'll get coached and ready to take over from Cazorla when Wenger leaves. Although, given our midfield injury record its a risk.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

So we go from having strength in depth to releasing Campbell, Chambers and now (probably ) Wilshire.

Can't wait till we get struck down with injuries and face a crisis in November / December :banghead:

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

Ramsey out for a while, would be an ideal opportunity for Jack to stake a claim. But Ive not managed a club for 30 years. :banghead:

Lost_Gooner

Post by Lost_Gooner »

I agree Storrmin and StuartL, it's difficult to keep all the players happy, but with four competitions and squad rotation it would be worth keeping him.
Surely it's a good problem to have!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:That's two 24 year olds out on loan with Joel Campbell as well. Says a lot about Wenger.

He knows Arsenal will never win the World Series under Arsene Wenger! :wink: :D :lol:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

robbo10 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

He knows Arsenal will never win the World Series under Arsene Wenger! :wink: :D :lol:
I thought it was the Super Bowl? :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

robbo10 wrote:
mcdowell42 wrote:

I thought it was the Super Bowl? :wink:
ha ha ha ha!!!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Crystal fucking Palace??? :roll:

So he won't even leave London the lazy prick, way to better yourself Jack :banghead:

nut flush gooner

Post by nut flush gooner »

Pretty humbling for Wilshere to go to Palace imo. Will be interesting to see how he handles himself at a smaller club, I can see him walking around the place with his nose turned up tbh.

Such a shame his massive potential hasn't been fulfilled but he has to take a close look at himself, get his head down, work hard and not get injured. The same applies for the Ox and Theo to be honest. It is time Wenger offloaded these players unless they seriously up their games. We cant be sentimental about English players for ever.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:Crystal fucking Palace??? :roll:

So he won't even leave London the lazy prick, way to better yourself Jack :banghead:
Hey - let's not rule out Bournemouth yet! :barscarf:

:shock:

:lol:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

If he was clever he would choose to go overseas to give his body a break from the harsh Premier League. Oh no lets just move to another Prem club and wait for the next injury. He is very talented but his body is so injury prone. Footballers are not gifted with brains