Wilshere going out on loan?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Eboue-Why?

Wilshere going out on loan?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Clearly smoking is bad for your career as well as your health!!

Jumpers For Goalposts

Re: Wilshere going out on loan?

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Perfectly sums up what an amateur set up our Club has become.

Wilshere was yet another Wenger Wonder Kid but anyone with half a brain could see that Jack had only half a brain. He was never going to fulfil his potential under Wenger's pampered regime cos Jack used the freedom to hang around with idiots and smoke fags.

And now we give him 2 days to find a loan club. Why didn't Wenger make this decision in June or July or better still - why didn't Wenger sell him if he's not in his plans?

Wilshere and Walcott are never going to get to the level of Pires or Petit but the club could get over £60 million for them and then use that to bring in a top, top, super qualidee player.

Scrabbling around as the window closes shows once again how amateur Wenger is and how he reacts rather than forces the agenda.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

If your manager is still sending you on loan at the age of 24 then you may as well look for a permanent move. :|

scotgooner

Post by scotgooner »

Bags of talent ... not much else.

There was a day I thought Jack was going to be a superstar and have a 10+ year career with us. Not now.

Personally I would sell him ... his body just isn't cut out for the premier league.

Think it would be interesting to see how he would get on in spain or france etc. less physical leagues.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Embarrassing. The guy is 24 and has been in the first team squad for nearly a decade.

Either he is such a good player that he is worth the injury hassle and the team needs him to be playing when he's fit, or he isn't worth persisting with any more.

The only good that can come of this is him spending a year away from our witch doctors and hopefully a good stint will up his price when a new manager comes in and realises that he isn't worth keeping.

SPUDMASHER

Post by SPUDMASHER »

It's a sad indictment of our England team when two of its 'stars' are sent out on loan in one week!

Is it any wonder that we're shit in tournaments when our national team players can't even hold down a squad place at a top club (I refer to Man City when I say top club, not the shambles that used to be Arsenal).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I know he is a multi-millionaire etc..But I do feel for JW - I think he is an exceptional talent - and that talent has been greatly burdened and diminished due to Arsenes Approach to (mis) managing players AND the fact that under Wenger Arsenal have the most inept Medical Team since Dr Crippin and his mrs...The medical team was chosen by Wenger.

Under a different manager AND medical team I think JW will flourish...

But to send him out on loan at the age of 24yrs of age is ridiculous....

Yet another major fuckk upp by clueless cunto.

:banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

:
:rubchin: can't think of anything to say although I must admit I've always considered him to be fucking shite :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

goonersid wrote::
:rubchin: can't think of anything to say although I must admit I've always considered him to be fucking shite :D
:lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:I know he is a multi-millionaire etc..But I do feel for JW - I think he is an exceptional talent - and that talent has been greatly burdened and diminished due to Arsenes Approach to (mis) managing players AND the fact that under Wenger Arsenal have the most inept Medical Team since Dr Crippin and his mrs...The medical team was chosen by Wenger.

Under a different manager AND medical team I think JW will flourish...

But to send him out on loan at the age of 24yrs of age is ridiculous....

Yet another major fuckk upp by clueless cunto.

:banghead:
A lot of Jack's injury problems though are down to his style of play. He is brave to a fault and will too often invite that late tackle that injures him by taking on one too many oppo players instead of releasing the ball earlier. But I also can't understand why they have not coached that out of him by now. Undoubtedly talented and technically skilled, his injury problems have really held him back.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

If we do find a club to take him for a season, how much of his wages will we be subsidising?

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

That's two 24 year olds out on loan with Joel Campbell as well. Says a lot about Wenger.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:That's two 24 year olds out on loan with Joel Campbell as well. Says a lot about Wenger.

Now Yankee what would an American know about soccerball

:wink: :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:That's two 24 year olds out on loan with Joel Campbell as well. Says a lot about Wenger.
:dance: :dance:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:If we do find a club to take him for a season, how much of his wages will we be subsidising?
It's obviously different for every loan deal but a reasonable rule of thumb is; If a club sends a young player out to gain experience the club that owns the player usually continues to pay 100% of his wages. If it's a loan at the receiving club's request the club that owns the player might only pay 25%.