Welcome Lucas Perez - who now wants out!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Re: Welcome Lucas Perez

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Here are a few things that really have to happen. Firstly Perez has to start as our CF with Giroud as sub. Giroud is a great sub he scores goals and is so good as a impact player. Perez needs to adjust to the Prem that means game time. Sanchez is a left winger not a forward. He is a world class left winger as his first season proved.
Sanchez will never be a good CF in the formation we play.
I really really hope Wenger does not play Perez on the wings.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

There was a time when new signings attracted 30 pages of comments......we've struggled to get to 3 now.

Still Arsene knows what he's doing with strikers in the transfer market - just look at Park, Chamakh, Sanogo etc. What could possibly go wrong?

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

DB10GOONER wrote:Mate, honestly, you know that will have no impact either way. He does not need an excuse. He runs the club. He will decide when he goes. And I'm telling you all it will be May 2025. Yes, it's fucking depressing, but it is still the truth. :(

:suicide:
You seem quite adamant on that DB :| do you know something???

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Belfast Boy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Mate, honestly, you know that will have no impact either way. He does not need an excuse. He runs the club. He will decide when he goes. And I'm telling you all it will be May 2025. Yes, it's fucking depressing, but it is still the truth. :(

:suicide:
You seem quite adamant on that DB :| do you know something???
Yes. :lol:

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Pillow talk??? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Belfast Boy wrote:Pillow talk??? :lol:
Unfortunately.... yes. :shock:

Midz

Post by Midz »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... al-striker

Was just reading this article on SS page.
I f you go down a bit it shows stats for balls over the top which got me thinking about how Chelsea used to do that to us with Drogba.

I see no reason why we couldn't play a few more long balls especially if it would lead to some goals.
I don't give a shit about nice of fancy football played on the ground, what I want to see is Arsenal winning games.

At times we have played some very nice to watch football (been a while I know :D ) and are certainly capable of doing so again.
Maybe Wenger will tell them to play to Perez style and hit a few long passes for him to chase or am I delving into fantasy now?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... al-striker

Was just reading this article on SS page.
I f you go down a bit it shows stats for balls over the top which got me thinking about how Chelsea used to do that to us with Drogba.

I see no reason why we couldn't play a few more long balls especially if it would lead to some goals.
I don't give a shit about nice of fancy football played on the ground, what I want to see is Arsenal winning games.

At times we have played some very nice to watch football (been a while I know :D ) and are certainly capable of doing so again.
Maybe Wenger will tell them to play to Perez style and hit a few long passes for him to chase or am I delving into fantasy now?
Sorry, fantasy. :( :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Perez will be playing for Almeria in 2 years time, probably on loan

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

supergeorgegraham wrote:Here are a few things that really have to happen. Firstly Perez has to start as our CF with Giroud as sub. Giroud is a great sub he scores goals and is so good as a impact player. Perez needs to adjust to the Prem that means game time. Sanchez is a left winger not a forward. He is a world class left winger as his first season proved.
Sanchez will never be a good CF in the formation we play.
I really really hope Wenger does not play Perez on the wings.
I suspect he won't start and he'll either come on for Le Lampost or Wally with 20 mins to go.

I despair of our 4 3 3 system now. It only seems to work if you have a Drogba type CF, and they're in short supply or if your 'wide men' are more CFs than wingers. I think all of the front three need to offer a goal threat or the CF is isolated. Barca are the best example of this and Wally in his recent form showsjust what you don't want.
Therefore, as much as I've lost patience with Giroud, a front three of him, Alexis and Perez might be worth a try.

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

Super Lucas Perez. Ran the show versus Southampton. Well worth the money and just what we were missing up front. :barscarf:

markyp

Post by markyp »

from todays showing the signing of Perez was pointless not because he had a shit game but because unless we are playing at speed or on the break which these days is like never then a lone striker who isn't a worldy isn't going to get a look in,Perez was lost leading the line,totally hung out to dry,if you are playing one up top then he has to be world class end of,17m down the bog,Arsene knows

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

markyp wrote:from todays showing the signing of Perez was pointless not because he had a shit game but because unless we are playing at speed or on the break which these days is like never then a lone striker who isn't a worldy isn't going to get a look in,Perez was lost leading the line,totally hung out to dry,if you are playing one up top then he has to be world class end of,17m down the bog,Arsene knows

On the plus side it would have been 30 mill + if we'd managed to sign ***** bandage vardy to sign for the same return

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

greengooner wrote:
markyp wrote:from todays showing the signing of Perez was pointless not because he had a shit game but because unless we are playing at speed or on the break which these days is like never then a lone striker who isn't a worldy isn't going to get a look in,Perez was lost leading the line,totally hung out to dry,if you are playing one up top then he has to be world class end of,17m down the bog,Arsene knows

On the plus side it would have been 30 mill + if we'd managed to convince wa*k bandage vardy to sign for the same return

MrT

Post by MrT »

What difference would it have made if we had someone like Griezmann up front? Not a damn thing. He had no decent service all game, especially from the wings. Ozil had a stinker, Southampton dropped deep.

It was obvious we were going to struggle when Perez' natural instinct was to move to the wing when he should be in the box. Wenger's inability to instil positional discipline is the biggest problem.