Welcome Lucas Perez - who now wants out!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: Welcome Lucas Perez

Post by markyp »

MrT wrote:
markyp wrote:from todays showing the signing of Perez was pointless not because he had a shit game but because unless we are playing at speed or on the break which these days is like never then a lone striker who isn't a worldy isn't going to get a look in,Perez was lost leading the line,totally hung out to dry,if you are playing one up top then he has to be world class end of,17m down the bog,Arsene knows
What difference would it have made if we had someone like Griezmann up front? Not a damn thing. He had no decent service all game, especially from the wings. Ozil had a stinker, Southampton dropped deep.

It was obvious we were going to struggle when Perez' natural instinct was to move to the wing when he should be in the box. Wenger's inability to instil positional discipline is the biggest problem.
this is the point I was making,our slow tippy tappy bollox isn't going to suit a rapid striker playing on the shoulder of any calibre at all,the way the game played out is something we will see 99% of the time at the emirates this season with the opposition dropping so deep there is no space at all to run into,i can see Perez struggling like hell

MrT

Post by MrT »

markyp wrote:
MrT wrote:
markyp wrote:from todays showing the signing of Perez was pointless not because he had a shit game but because unless we are playing at speed or on the break which these days is like never then a lone striker who isn't a worldy isn't going to get a look in,Perez was lost leading the line,totally hung out to dry,if you are playing one up top then he has to be world class end of,17m down the bog,Arsene knows
What difference would it have made if we had someone like Griezmann up front? Not a damn thing. He had no decent service all game, especially from the wings. Ozil had a stinker, Southampton dropped deep.

It was obvious we were going to struggle when Perez' natural instinct was to move to the wing when he should be in the box. Wenger's inability to instil positional discipline is the biggest problem.
this is the point I was making,our slow tippy tappy bollox isn't going to suit a rapid striker playing on the shoulder of any calibre at all,the way the game played out is something we will see 99% of the time at the emirates this season with the opposition dropping so deep there is no space at all to run into,i can see Perez struggling like hell
Yeh I get that but you said if we are playing one up top it has to be someone world class. Makes no difference with a rigid formation/non existent tactics and the players don't have any positional discipline or sense, which comes from the idiot in charge. It's his first game, I'll cut him some slack but if he keeps drifting out to the wing then we really will struggle for goals. Not sure why he was taken off, the game was starting to open up at that point and it would have been better to have a player like him on. Instead, Giroud came on and slowed the game down. Won a penalty, but that was extremely lucky.

All our problems come from coaching, no amount of world class players will change that.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

He started the game on fire , chased down the keeper the back four tried to press high up the pitch. After 20 minutes he realised that he was on his own and that no-one was supporting him. We were giving Southampton too much room to play out from the back . Our slow build up meant that he never got the chance to break quickly and his use was minimised. Having watched both Xhaka and Elneny play in Switzerland they both especially Xhaka do release the ball quickly.
Perez probably would be effective playing off of Giroud as Greizmann does for France . Our build up is too slow for him to be effective.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

If you added up all the money we've spent on bang average strikers and wingers le fraud has tried to convert into bang average strikers we'd have had Suarez and some loose change, all this penny wise and pound foolish tactics are insane but then again I don't have a degree in economics :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

greengooner wrote:If you added up all the money we've spent on bang average strikers and wingers le fraud has tried to convert into bang average strikers we'd have had Suarez and some loose change, all this penny wise and pound foolish tactics are insane but then again I don't have a degree in economics :roll:
Absolutely. And it's even worse when you factor in wages pissed away on top of the transfer fees. Imagine how heavily we must subsidise the wages of the likes of Bendtner, Park, Podolski and Sanogo when they went out on loan - nobody is crazy enough to pay them anywhere near what we did.

Still cannot believe that we signed Park and Sanogo, both laughably far away from being PL players full stop.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

basically this summer we should have signed Higuain. End of.

yes we needed to sign Mustafi as well because of the injuries to Gabriel and Mertesacker, but Perez is just another £17M down the drain and I am also yet to be convinced of the signing of Xhaka. Yes maybe needed but a top class striker was far more important.

markyp

Post by markyp »

MrT wrote:
markyp wrote:
MrT wrote:

Yeh I get that but you said if we are playing one up top it has to be someone world class. Makes no difference with a rigid formation/non existent tactics and the players don't have any positional discipline or sense, which comes from the idiot in charge. It's his first game, I'll cut him some slack but if he keeps drifting out to the wing then we really will struggle for goals. Not sure why he was taken off, the game was starting to open up at that point and it would have been better to have a player like him on. Instead, Giroud came on and slowed the game down. Won a penalty, but that was extremely lucky.

All our problems come from coaching, no amount of world class players will change that.
because a worldy would create something from nothing,thats the differance

Midz

Post by Midz »

Where is Lucas Perez is he injured because he wasn't on the bench Sunday?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Midz wrote:Where is Lucas Perez is he injured because he wasn't on the bench Sunday?
I'm starting to think we didn't actually sign him... :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The new Francis Jeffers :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

greengooner wrote:If you added up all the money we've spent on bang average strikers and wingers le fraud has tried to convert into bang average strikers we'd have had Suarez and some loose change, all this penny wise and pound foolish tactics are insane but then again I don't have a degree in economics :roll:

Yup! Bottom line in the purchase of anything Buy Cheap and You Buy Twice or in Wenker's case 3 or 4 times.... :?..

enjibenji

Post by enjibenji »

he had an injury to his knee in training a couple of days before apparently

Midz

Post by Midz »

enjibenji wrote:he had an injury to his knee in training a couple of days before apparently

Oh really?

Thanks for that. I had a look this morning and couldn't find anything.
Wonder if we'll see him before Xmas then.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Not if our medical team have got their mits on the poor fuckerr. :roll: :?

Midz

Post by Midz »

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_ ... _table.php

Found this injury table and of course we're near the top :D