Welcome Lucas Perez - who now wants out!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Welcome Lucas Perez

Post by Midz »

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ar ... exit-90135

"According to the Daily Mail, Arsenal’s Spanish striker Lucas Perez is contemplating quitting the club at the end of the current campaign after failing to establish himself in the starting XI at The Emirates. "

Fake story? Who knows but it did make me think why AW spent £17m on a player he hasn't used.
Wenger is usually reluctant to spend anything so it's strange that he made this transfer.

IMO Perez looks ok in the little chances I've had to see him play. He hasn't had anything like a decent run in the team so it'd be unfair to dismiss him as rubbish until he's at least had a proper chance to show his worth.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

He is a fairly crafty player and I don't mind him but he is so incredibly slow that he will never make it at this level.

Just another one of Wenger's appeasement buys whereby he chucked away nearly 20m on sub-standard dross.

markyp

Post by markyp »

he has done really well with limited playing time which for a forward is rare,he could be decent for us but we will never know

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

markyp wrote:he has done really well with limited playing time which for a forward is rare,he could be decent for us but we will never know
Must get a game against Sutton ? with Sanchez leaving the country.

How ironic of he scored to save Wenkers bacon like Podolski did away to Anderlect was it, and then got dropped for the next match.

Perez puts effort in, unlike Walcot, has a bit of physical prescence about him, not been given a chance yet.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Perez has done ok against some poor opposition and he offers something a bit different. But he hasn't got the pace or spark to really cut it at this level.

It's a waste signing a player and not playing him. But the mistake lies with signing him in the first place, not in not playing him.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I dont understand how him and Welbeck arent getting starting spots over Walcott and Iwobi

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:I dont understand how him and Welbeck arent getting starting spots over Walcott and Iwobi
And I don't understand how you, presumably without 30 years experience in football, dare to question our Dear Leader and his decisions. :roll:

:wink:

:lol:

Rugby Gooner

Perez wants out

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Just been on S.S.N.
Perezs' agent says,"He doesn't care if Wenger stays or goes,he wants out of Arsenal."

DB10GOONER

Re: Perez wants out

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Just been on S.S.N.
Perezs' agent says,"He doesn't care if Wenger stays or goes,he wants out of Arsenal."
Already a Perez thread, mate. And he is not a big enough name that this warrants its own thread. :wink:

Merged.

DB10GOONER

Re: Welcome Lucas Perez - who now wants out!

Post by DB10GOONER »

I've edited the title to incorporate Perez being a deluded ungrateful bastard! :D :wink:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I've edited the title to incorporate Perez being a deluded ungrateful bastard! :D :wink:
No probs mate,realised after I posted that I could have just added to this thread.
Maybe Perez has realised that Le Fraud will just stifle his career,or maybe he's an ungrateful bastard. :lol:

Clash

Re: Perez wants out

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Just been on S.S.N.
Already a Perez thread, mate. And he is not a big enough name that this warrants its own thread. :wink:

Merged.
:shock:

No wonder he wants out if this is the sort of abuse he gets on Arsenal FC's leading fans forum :)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I've edited the title to incorporate Perez being a deluded ungrateful bastard! :D :wink:
No probs mate,realised after I posted that I could have just added to this thread.
Maybe Perez has realised that Le Fraud will just stifle his career,or maybe he's an ungrateful bastard. :lol:
:lol:

I think we both know the answer... :wink:

GTG

Post by GTG »

Not sure I buy it that he doesn't have enough pace or spark. Hes made things happen every time I've seen him play. You cant just say its been against poor opposition because in those games none of the other so called better players were doing much to effect the game.

I'm at a loss as to how he hasn't had more minutes this season - its simply down to the fact that Wenger picks the same players when fit regardless of form and we all know who they are.

Why on earth would you buy someone then not give him a chance to play? Totally pissed £20m up the wall

markyp

Post by markyp »

he is sadly just another Joel Campbell,no matter what he does on the pitch he will never be played before the likes of Feo,Iwobi etc