The Merged George Graham Superthread!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: The Merged George Graham Superthread!

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:!
There was even less money available when he was trousering it and making sure dodgy Scandinavian agents were weighed in too ![/quote]
Victimless crimes here Stevo ..
The club was making profits so they would have to pay tax on them . Overpay for a player and take some kickback offshore and the only loser is the taxman . Also Graham wasnt in it alone and we were still doing it after he left . We overpaid for Berkamp by nearly double Dein did that deal . Still it reduced our profits and again only the taxman lost out .Its only corruption Stevo mothing to be concerned about .[/quote]

I felt like a bloody victim having to watch Pal Lydersen and John Jensen :D

wibble

Post by wibble »

Herd wrote:!
There was even less money available when he was trousering it and making sure dodgy Scandinavian agents were weighed in too ![/quote]
Victimless crimes here Stevo ..
The club was making profits so they would have to pay tax on them . Overpay for a player and take some kickback offshore and the only loser is the taxman . Also Graham wasnt in it alone and we were still doing it after he left . We overpaid for Berkamp by nearly double Dein did that deal . Still it reduced our profits and again only the taxman lost out .Its only corruption Stevo mothing to be concerned about .[/quote]

And what might have that tax money been spent on, hospitals? schools? Won't somebody please think of the children! :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Pal wasnt the worst neither was Faxe Jensen , Faxe was great for us in europe and got us into the final ! Pal wasnt that bad but he wasnt super quality !

And the Kidney machines have gone for rockets and guns !

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

and the publics wants what the public gets

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

and I don't care what society wants

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We get so close near enough to fight

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

When a Russian gets me in his sights

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

He pulls the trigger and I feel the blow

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A burst of rounds take my horse below

:barscarf: :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Not sure how we got from weller to harris there DB ? Mods n Rockers ?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:Not sure how we got from weller to harris there DB ? Mods n Rockers ?
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

And one for g88ner and his tennis clique;

I'm too sexy for my shirt Too sexy for my shirt So sexy it hurts.

:lol: :wink: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just started reading GG autobiography "The Glory and the Grief: The Life of George Graham".

George tells a very different version of the Bung scandal than Arsenal or the media told. He makes some valid points about how David Dein, P.Diddy Hollywood and Ken Friar hung him out to dry without trial or even hearing his side of it. All based on the word of three anonymous people at IK Start. Two of which then went on to contradict each other's evidence at the resultant inquiry.

Also GG claims he had a secret agreement in place with the Board to the effect he was leaving in May 1995 with a decent financial package and the Board used the Bung scandal as an excuse to offload him without compensation.

The day of his dismissal makes for sad reading. P.Diddy basically said to him "Get off the premises, the media will be here in half an hour". :|

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:Just started reading GG autobiography "The Glory and the Grief: The Life of George Graham".

George tells a very different version of the Bung scandal than Arsenal or the media told. He makes some valid points about how David Dein, P.Diddy Hollywood and Ken Friar hung him out to dry without trial or even hearing his side of it. All based on the word of three anonymous people at IK Start. Two of which then went on to contradict each other's evidence at the resultant inquiry.

Also GG claims he had a secret agreement in place with the Board to the effect he was leaving in May 1995 with a decent financial package and the Board used the Bung scandal as an excuse to offload him without compensation.

The day of his dismissal makes for sad reading. P.Diddy basically said to him "Get off the premises, the media will be here in half an hour". :|

I have always been bitterly angry that man that had achieved so much as our manager, and who had awoken our club after years of slumber, was not allowed to resign instead of being sacked :evil: I'm not saying that it would have allowed him to walk away with his head held high because the bung scandal hysteria was relentless, but I still believe that seeing the word sacked on a cv makes it very hard to come back from, plus it automatically suggests that he is guilty without a trial or investigation :x I am still a big Dein fan, but his and the boards treatment of GG was unacceptable for me, and smacks of people just want to be seen to be taking action publicly and devoid of any loyalty to their own people :evil: :evil:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Unforgivable traitor IMO