Ozil and Sanchez want £250k a week

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
nut flush gooner

Ozil and Sanchez want £250k a week

Post by nut flush gooner »

http://metro.co.uk/2016/10/05/alexis-sa ... s-6174327/

Starting to get silly now wages of top footballers. Two great players but this will see other players expecting more money too. Increased ticket prices anyone?

At what stage do we say right this is what we are offering, like it or lump it.

goonerdan

Re: Ozil and Sanchez want £250k a week

Post by goonerdan »

Lets start a new non league Arsenal against modern football.
Maybe called... AFC Islington...?
Maybe share Barnets's ground...

Midz

Post by Midz »

Doubt there's many on here who earn that in 5 years let alone a week.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

If that's the going rate for top class footballers then give them the money, its not like we don't have it in the bank :banghead:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Then it needs to be done. We cant get caught cold, lagging behind the times with regards to salaries and transfer fees....again

You give these players that cash, and they are never distracted or tempted to leave again.

Same goes for Bellerin. Why not anticipate his potential, and give him 150k a week?

We are a cash rich club with tremendous cash flow and revenue streams. We have the capacity to spend this type of money. So spend it.

Caving in and paying 35m for Mustafi is now looking an excellent decision. Imagine if the penny pinching ways go the better of Wenger and he chose not to drop 35m on Mustafi - Kosicleny would be baby sitting Rob Holding. Although instead, we have a top centre half pairing - the best since Campbell and Toure in 2005.

Im over losing players. We havent sold anyone of note since RVP, and I could not tolerate ever going down that route again.

Bellerin, Ozil, Sanchez need to be tied up. If even one of them is lost - it just sends a message that Arsenal are willy nilly in terms of a desire to actually compete.

A winning culture starts in the boardroom. If you go to long lengths to keep your best players, it will translate to success on the field.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

it's a result of giving crap like wally and lamppost 140k a week.

as for ballerina if he wants 100k tell him to f off. hes a right back ffs. we can get a good one from somewhere else for half his money.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Wilson wrote:Then it needs to be done. We cant get caught cold, lagging behind the times with regards to salaries and transfer fees....again

You give these players that cash, and they are never distracted or tempted to leave again.

Same goes for Bellerin. Why not anticipate his potential, and give him 150k a week?

We are a cash rich club with tremendous cash flow and revenue streams. We have the capacity to spend this type of money. So spend it.

Caving in and paying 35m for Mustafi is now looking an excellent decision. Imagine if the penny pinching ways go the better of Wenger and he chose not to drop 35m on Mustafi - Kosicleny would be baby sitting Rob Holding. Although instead, we have a top centre half pairing - the best since Campbell and Toure in 2005.

Im over losing players. We havent sold anyone of note since RVP, and I could not tolerate ever going down that route again.

Bellerin, Ozil, Sanchez need to be tied up. If even one of them is lost - it just sends a message that Arsenal are willy nilly in terms of a desire to actually compete.

A winning culture starts in the boardroom. If you go to long lengths to keep your best players, it will translate to success on the field.
Agreed totally

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Pay them. I have always taken the position that we pissed away millions on high wages for shit players like Song, Hleb, Almunia, Denilson, Vela etc.

For me it is better to have a moderate size squad of very highly paid top quality players rather than a huge squad of relatively highly paid shit.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

the playing mantis wrote:it's a result of giving crap like wally and lamppost 140k a week.

as for ballerina if he wants 100k tell him to f off. hes a right back ffs. we can get a good one from somewhere else for half his money.
Cmon. You cant be serious? dont think just because he is a fullback that he cant be worthy of being a high earner? Wing backs are typically the guys who have to mark the likes of Bale, Neymar, Suarez, Sanchez, Hazard. Fullbacks are very important to teams.

Bellerin also offers so much going forward, plus he has a tendency to snuff out attacks with his sheer pace. Its not just the right side as well, when the other teams breaks, he will run to the left hand side to make a tackle.

Bellerin is a critical player.

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:If that's the going rate for top class footballers then give them the money, its not like we don't have it in the bank :banghead:

Agree totally 8)

In my opinion this is basically a trade off for ozil and sanchez - I think that they are basically telling the club that if they want them to stay in a club that is not gonna challenge for the top prizes, then they are gonna have to compensate them with massive wages. Maybe I am being naïve thinking that way because there is also the possibility that they could seek massive wages if we were successful on the basis that they are key players in that success, but I think that players would rather sign for the madrids, manure, chavs etc on less money if they thought that they would win the top prizes with those clubs.

I also agree with the argument that when you pay wally and giroud huge wages (£140k and £1130k respectively), then it makes sense that these players would like for much higher wages cos their talent level is at least 2 or 3 times higher than those two donkeys :roll: As DB10 says, we have spunked away tons of money for average/shit players in the last decade or so, that we may as well pay the top players we have the wages their talent level deserves - if we aint gonna spend it on transfers, then we sure as shit should spend it on wages

StanKroenke'sWig

Post by StanKroenke'sWig »

Just pay them. Need to break the mould and retain these top players otherwise we'll get shafted by the usual clubs.

Need to get Bellerin's contract sealed as well.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I think 250k pw is ridiculous, but a huge amount of extra money has gone to the PL as a result of the recent TV deals, and it has to go somewhere, and it won't go towards reduced ticket prices or merchandise, so I'd rather it went to building a good team rather than the pockets of the owners.

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

GranadaJoe wrote:I think 250k pw is ridiculous, but a huge amount of extra money has gone to the PL as a result of the recent TV deals, and it has to go somewhere, and it won't go towards reduced ticket prices or merchandise, so I'd rather it went to building a good team rather than the pockets of the owners.
Fully agree with this.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:I think 250k pw is ridiculous, but a huge amount of extra money has gone to the PL as a result of the recent TV deals, and it has to go somewhere, and it won't go towards reduced ticket prices or merchandise, so I'd rather it went to building a good team rather than the pockets of the owners.
Agree it is a ludicrous amount of money to be paid to play what most of us have as a hobby! Also agree it's money better spent on players wages rather than wigs for a certain bald bastard owner. And, historically, it's nothing new - what Adams and Wrighty were getting paid back in the 90's was ludicrous compared to the average wage of the average bloke in the street.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

That's the going rate for top quality so pay em. Bellerin too, get that fuckers contract locked down, whatever it takes. We've got the money and haven't had any problem pissing it away on dogshit like Diaby, Denilson, Gervinho and co over the years.

Of course if they do leave, no doubt it will be spun to make the players be the money grabbing bastards, as opposed to Wenger, Wiggy and Co. '$anchez' and 'O$il' I'm guessing... :roll: