Other games this weekend 26/27th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: Other games this weekend 26/27th

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
hartson wrote:No matter what you think of Chelsea they show how you to play as a BIG team away against relegation fodder. Keep the crowd quite, use gamesmanship as the little team is gathering momentum - can't remember last time an arsenal player blatantly dived
Just watched the last 25 mins or so - an absolute masterclass in defending, with the manager screaming instructions to every player. The centre halves won virtually everything and any second balls were gobbled up by Matic and Kante

Can you imagine what our little shrinking violets would have been like at 1-0 and with Palace thumping up big balls to Benteke and Dann at the end? Cowering under every free kick and corner, with our one proper CDM Coquelin long since substituted, and shit for brains just sinking deeper into his full length body armour jacket or whingeing about the 5 added minutes to the fourth official

In two games you've seen why they will win it, and we never will
You obviously didn't get the memo SteveO - this year is different.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
hartson wrote:No matter what you think of Chelsea they show how you to play as a BIG team away against relegation fodder. Keep the crowd quite, use gamesmanship as the little team is gathering momentum - can't remember last time an arsenal player blatantly dived
Just watched the last 25 mins or so - an absolute masterclass in defending, with the manager screaming instructions to every player. The centre halves won virtually everything and any second balls were gobbled up by Matic and Kante

Can you imagine what our little shrinking violets would have been like at 1-0 and with Palace thumping up big balls to Benteke and Dann at the end? Cowering under every free kick and corner, with our one proper CDM Coquelin long since substituted, and shit for brains just sinking deeper into his full length body armour jacket or whingeing about the 5 added minutes to the fourth official

In two games you've seen why they will win it, and we never will

Big difference is when others fail they take advantage, then press home that advantage, thats what wins titles......compared that to our lot

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

That diving *word censored* steptoe sent off ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

OneBardGooner wrote:That diving *word censored* steptoe sent off ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:
Fuck off Leicester. I hope they get relegated. All that 5,000-1 fairytale bollox, which conveniently forgot that they are bankrolled by a Thai billionaire. Fuck off back to the lower leagues where you belong.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:I see that following on from Sky's 'Red Monday' a few weeks ago we now have 'Mersey Monday' to look forward to :roll:
Watch with the more button on...There will be some wankathon over the friendly rivalry in this friendly City. Misery Monday would be more appropriate with those whinging :censored:..

augie

Post by augie »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:That diving *word censored* steptoe sent off ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :barscarf:
Fuck off Leicester. I hope they get relegated. All that 5,000-1 fairytale bollox, which conveniently forgot that they are bankrolled by a Thai billionaire. Fuck off back to the lower leagues where you belong.

Are you for real ?? :? What they did last season was nothing short of a miracle - they won a league with a team that (maybe) had two players good enough to play for a top team. A large portion of their team was made up of players that were even rejected by shit clubs (huth, albrighton, simpson etc). Their entire team cost less than we paid for ozil, and they were fired to the title by a goalscorer who was playing non league just a few short years ago. All of this whilst being managed by a guy that had been bombed out of his previous 4 managerial jobs

Sometimes the jealousy and begrudgery from some footie fans pisses me off :oops: :evil:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Clash wrote:I see that following on from Sky's 'Red Monday' a few weeks ago we now have 'Mersey Monday' to look forward to :roll:
Watch with the more button on...There will be some wankathon over the friendly rivalry in this friendly City. Misery Monday would be more appropriate with those whinging :censored:..
haha yeah :D

Clash

Post by Clash »

augie wrote:

Are you for real ?? :? What they did last season was nothing short of a miracle - they won a league with a team that (maybe) had two players good enough to play for a top team. A large portion of their team was made up of players that were even rejected by shit clubs (huth, albrighton, simpson etc). Their entire team cost less than we paid for ozil, and they were fired to the title by a goalscorer who was playing non league just a few short years ago. All of this whilst being managed by a guy that had been bombed out of his previous 4 managerial jobs

Sometimes the jealousy and begrudgery from some footie fans pisses me off :oops: :evil:
I agree, I enjoyed Leicester's title win because I thought the days of things like that happening in English football were gone.

And they proved you can have success with what I still think would be our best formation (4-4-2) ... doing it without feeling the need to dominate possession and all this other bollocks that is fashionable in today's.

Also they stopped the scum winning the title.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Clash wrote:
augie wrote:

I agree, I enjoyed Leicester's title win because I thought the days of things like that happening in English football were gone.

And they proved you can have success with what I still think would be our best formation (4-4-2) ... doing it without feeling the need to dominate possession and all this other bollocks that is fashionable in today's.

This. I'll be eternally grateful to them for that.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
haha yeah :D
To be honest I always had a bit of a soft spot for Everton because after Forest in 78 to 80 Everton were the first club to properly challenge Liverpool
They had a very strong balanced team in 84/85 and were worthy Champions. Denied a deserved tilt at the European Cup by the fallout from Heysel

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Clash wrote:
augie wrote:

This. I'll be eternally grateful to them for that.
Alright, I'll grant you that last bit. I just got fed up of all that 'fairytale', everyone loves them stuff. Vardy was and still is a diving, nasty chav and jug ears Linekunt likes them so they can fuck off.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Every single result for the last couple of weeks has gone the opposite to what I'd prefer, time to bet on a Spurs win, that'll stop the c**ts

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

The Miseryside Derby was reminiscent of an Old Firm game...Million miles an hour, crazy tackles and not a lot of quality.. Oh they both beat Arsenal this season..

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

City win but lose Fernandinho again to a red card, Liverpool drop points to Sunderland. Chelsea to smash tiny tots and run away with the league.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

And Mike Dean once again takes centre stage with a monumentally shit decision that ended the game.