New REDACTION banner?!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: New REDACTION banner?!

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
gooner.ed wrote:Interesting to read here the idea that REDaction are in the pockets of the club. Less than a year ago, they were heavily involved in the 'Time for Change' protest. And whatever you think of the merits of that, do you think the club were in cahoots with them over it?
Heavily involved in diluting/derailing it you mean.

Exactly - they have never instigated any type of protest against the club or the people running it, but then jumped in behind a genuine group of fans who were willing to let their opinions be heard, and they proceeded to take over the situation and watered down the issues and led to people walking away. When it fell apart, what did they do to get the protest back on track ? The square root of fcuk all is the answer because they had fulfilled their mission at that stage :evil:
Exactly the same with Black Scarf as well.

Interesting that RedAction say they are a "Group of Arsenal fans who work to improve the atmosphere in the stadium.". How exactly does putting a picture of Sanchez with his dogs do that.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

redaction don't do anything of any importance any more and haven't for some time. there's a great piece on the "she wore" website that outlines everything. main problem is the people who started it up in 2007ish don't go anymore, in fact i know a couple of lads that used to be a part of it that stopped going about 2011/12.

since then it's become very diluted, and turned into a mouthpiece for the club unfortunately. The BSM are the ones trying to push safe standing forward to the club, call me crazy but I actually we will get there some day. As for redaction I actually don't see the point in them existing anymore. The only noise I hear out of them is "what d'you fink of totnum" every 5 minutes.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Why not suggest to the club to get rid then?...

augie

Post by augie »

Allgunsblazin wrote:Why not suggest to the club to get rid then?...

Why would they get rid of an organization that is at their beck and call ? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF wrote:
augie wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
gooner.ed wrote:Interesting to read here the idea that REDaction are in the pockets of the club. Less than a year ago, they were heavily involved in the 'Time for Change' protest. And whatever you think of the merits of that, do you think the club were in cahoots with them over it?
Heavily involved in diluting/derailing it you mean.

Exactly - they have never instigated any type of protest against the club or the people running it, but then jumped in behind a genuine group of fans who were willing to let their opinions be heard, and they proceeded to take over the situation and watered down the issues and led to people walking away. When it fell apart, what did they do to get the protest back on track ? The square root of fcuk all is the answer because they had fulfilled their mission at that stage :evil:
Exactly the same with Black Scarf as well.

Interesting that RedAction say they are a "Group of Arsenal fans who work to improve the atmosphere in the stadium.". How exactly does putting a picture of Sanchez with his dogs do that.
Dunno but they must be Barking! :D :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT!!!??? The Dogs???? :? :? :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:redaction don't do anything of any importance any more and haven't for some time. there's a great piece on the "she wore" website that outlines everything. main problem is the people who started it up in 2007ish don't go anymore, in fact i know a couple of lads that used to be a part of it that stopped going about 2011/12.

since then it's become very diluted, and turned into a mouthpiece for the club unfortunately. The BSM are the ones trying to push safe standing forward to the club, call me crazy but I actually we will get there some day. As for redaction I actually don't see the point in them existing anymore. The only noise I hear out of them is "what d'you fink of totnum" every 5 minutes.
"what d'you fink of totnum"???

About the same we think of RedAction. :?

NickF

Post by NickF »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
since then it's become very diluted, and turned into a mouthpiece for the club unfortunately. The BSM are the ones trying to push safe standing forward to the club, call me crazy but I actually we will get there some day.
The thing is that people have stood quite safely home and away for years. Do we really need a well-meaning but ultimately useless bunch like BSM getting involved?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
since then it's become very diluted, and turned into a mouthpiece for the club unfortunately. The BSM are the ones trying to push safe standing forward to the club, call me crazy but I actually we will get there some day.
The thing is that people have stood quite safely home and away for years. Do we really need a well-meaning but ultimately useless bunch like BSM getting involved?
It needs to be formalised though. The club still have the right to eject you for continued standing - even if it isn't enforced. It only takes one new jobsworth to get in and they could enforce that. I've no problem at all with any group that's trying to get safe standing areas legislated. 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
It needs to be formalised though. The club still have the right to eject you for continued standing - even if it isn't enforced. It only takes one new jobsworth to get in and they could enforce that. I've no problem at all with any group that's trying to get safe standing areas legislated. 8)
Safe standing is all well and good but I don't think they will let you bring your milk crate along anymore DB10 :wink:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
The issue I have we the new safe-standing areas is that they look terrible. It is a cheap plastic seat with a barrier attached to it (for some reason). It is the fact that there is a seat, that stops surging. If you're going to tell me they will kick everyone out of the North Bank (again), give us much less room, a worse seat and charge us the same - I would say leave it as it is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Safe standing is all well and good but I don't think they will let you bring your milk crate along anymore DB10 :wink:
:lol:

I suppose I could always just stand on you wee man. :barscarf:

:lol: :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
NickF wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
The issue I have we the new safe-standing areas is that they look terrible. It is a cheap plastic seat with a barrier attached to it (for some reason). It is the fact that there is a seat, that stops surging. If you're going to tell me they will kick everyone out of the North Bank (again), give us much less room, a worse seat and charge us the same - I would say leave it as it is.
Where did I say or even imply any of that...? :lol:

We have to be adult about this, they will never allow a standing system that has the potential for surging. Those days are gone forever. There are too many litigious fuckers around nowadays to risk it.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

The good old days, so crushed my feet never touched the terrace, lost a shoe and 20 mins later found it again as the crowd swayed and surged under the old North stand at Chelsea.....when they scored absolute bedlam...finish 50 foot away from where you started....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

augie wrote:

Why would they get rid of an organization that is at their beck and call ? :?
TBH I always had the impression they were freeloaders, it's been 10 years now and they serve no real purpose, we have supporter groups as such, and what real atmosphere do they give without those constant stand up sit down crap!
Jog em on!....