New REDACTION banner?!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: New REDACTION banner?!

Post by flash gunner »

Redarmy wrote:The good old days, so crushed my feet never touched the terrace, lost a shoe and 20 mins later found it again as the crowd swayed and surged under the old North stand at Chelsea.....when they scored absolute bedlam...finish 50 foot away from where you started....
Loved those days, if i could go back in time its one of the things i would go to again

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:The good old days, so crushed my feet never touched the terrace, lost a shoe and 20 mins later found it again as the crowd swayed and surged under the old North stand at Chelsea.....when they scored absolute bedlam...finish 50 foot away from where you started....
I loved the surge. Reminded me of the mosh pit at a metal gig! :lol: :barscarf: 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

Whilst the club have every sympathy with the supporters Groups that have approached us with a combined fan base of 3 ,Arsenal cannot and will not accept less money on a match day so we will have top raise prices buy 20 percent next season to recoup some of the outlay !

Treble Gin and Tonics all round !

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Clash wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Ten years ago, they might have had an interest in changing things for the better. Then, they got flattered by being 'attached' to the club and ever since then they've become a genuinely pathetic embarrassment and need to just simply fucking fuck off. I can't take any more of their bollox along the lines of "Well, you do something then" because I'd rather do nothing than some of the utter shit they've done. That fucking dog banner is like something from Blue Peter, sent in by a seven year old who has drawn their favourite footballer and animals. It has no place in a football ground. Perhaps a leafy, middle England primary school but not a fucking football ground. They've yet again made the genuine fans angry and made all the fans a target for abuse and ridicule. What winds me up the most is that somehow- perhaps through being the puppet of the club- they've ended up with the monopoly on fan events and activities. Anything anyone else has done has either been ridiculed by them or been stopped even before it's got off the ground. They seem to like throwing around this line about being 'real fans' and 'getting behind the club' but if they really were interested in the good of the fans or the club, they would just disband.

haha :D :D

The thing that always appealed to me about football stadiums was that they could be intimidating places. I love the thought of opposition players and fans and the officials having to try and cope with a hostile atmosphere. I don't mean violence, I just like the idea that your home ground is a fortress ... and also that visits to away grounds have that feel of entering enemy territory.

Clearly those days are dying with this sort of shite.

Agree completely, Always loved the edgy atmosphere when going to away games and even some of the stick that used to come your way. It did make it feel like away fans were entering enemy territory like an invading army and the home fans were hell bent on not letting you get one up on them. A bit of an adrenalin rush getting in and out of the place.
That's what made for a good atmosphere, no gimmicks, just both sets of fans producing a raw atmosphere.

Unfortunately that atmosphere is not what Sky want, it doesn't make good viewing for the global audience. The corporates who run clubs/football now don't want it which is why football grounds will never get that atmosphere back. Fans pick on the Bowl for its lack of atmosphere (and it is really quiet and boring) but it doesn't matter what ground you go to now, they are all the same.
It won't change because football has changed, no matter what false tricks they come up with.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:
Clash wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Ten years ago, they might have had an interest in changing things for the better. Then, they got flattered by being 'attached' to the club and ever since then they've become a genuinely pathetic embarrassment and need to just simply fucking fuck off. I can't take any more of their bollox along the lines of "Well, you do something then" because I'd rather do nothing than some of the utter shit they've done. That fucking dog banner is like something from Blue Peter, sent in by a seven year old who has drawn their favourite footballer and animals. It has no place in a football ground. Perhaps a leafy, middle England primary school but not a fucking football ground. They've yet again made the genuine fans angry and made all the fans a target for abuse and ridicule. What winds me up the most is that somehow- perhaps through being the puppet of the club- they've ended up with the monopoly on fan events and activities. Anything anyone else has done has either been ridiculed by them or been stopped even before it's got off the ground. They seem to like throwing around this line about being 'real fans' and 'getting behind the club' but if they really were interested in the good of the fans or the club, they would just disband.

The thing that always appealed to me about football stadiums was that they could be intimidating places. I love the thought of opposition players and fans and the officials having to try and cope with a hostile atmosphere. I don't mean violence, I just like the idea that your home ground is a fortress ... and also that visits to away grounds have that feel of entering enemy territory.

Agree completely, Always loved the edgy atmosphere when going to away games and even some of the stick that used to come your way. It did make it feel like away fans were entering enemy territory like an invading army and the home fans were hell bent on not letting you get one up on them. A bit of an adrenalin rush getting in and out of the place.
That's what made for a good atmosphere, no gimmicks, just both sets of fans producing a raw atmosphere.

Unfortunately that atmosphere is not what Sky want, it doesn't make good viewing for the global audience. The corporates who run clubs/football now don't want it which is why football grounds will never get that atmosphere back. Fans pick on the Bowl for its lack of atmosphere (and it is really quiet and boring) but it doesn't matter what ground you go to now, they are all the same.
It won't change because football has changed, no matter what false tricks they come up with.
And how ironic it is that the blame for this shit modern stadium atmosphere all stems back to the Masters of The Blame Game, Victim City, and the forced changes to football grounds brought about because of their actions at Heysel and Hillsborough. And obviously I do not include the 96 innocent ticket holding fans that were crushed to death because of the actions of hundreds of ticketless scum. Fuck it, let's call it what it is huh? :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
Clash wrote:

And how ironic it is that the blame for this shit modern stadium atmosphere all stems back to the Masters of The Blame Game, Victim City, and the forced changes to football grounds brought about because of their actions at Heysel and Hillsborough. And obviously I do not include the 96 innocent ticket holding fans that were crushed to death because of the actions of hundreds of ticketless scum. Fuck it, let's call it what it is huh? :roll:

The Man Utd fans used to sing a song to the tune of that the city is ours song which went: "We sit on our arse, we sit on our arse, cos you can't behave yourselves we sit on our arse."

Perryashburtongroves

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
Clash wrote:

The Man Utd fans used to sing a song to the tune of that the city is ours song which went: "We sit on our arse, we sit on our arse, cos you can't behave yourselves we sit on our arse."

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SPARKSY wrote:
Clash wrote:

Call it for what it is indeed but watch the rest of the world pussyfoot their way around it to simply avoid honesty..
So here goes for honesty, The actions of Liverpool fans caused 39 deaths in Heysel stadium, subsequently it caused the banning of English teams from Europe. The first victims (no pun intended) were their own neighbours Everton.. Everton had a decent chance in the European Cup, particularly in 85-86..
The actions of Liverpool fans caused English club football to fall miles behind the rest of Europe. When English clubs got back into the European Cup we got a tactical lesson from Benfica.
The actions of Liverpool fans contributed to the deaths of 96 of their own supporters. Despite what reports and enquiries said it is inconceivable that the actions outside the Lepppings Lane did not contribute to what happened inside.
The actions of Liverpool fans subsequently led to the sanitising of football and the removing of it from the hands of the people who lived for it.

augie

Post by augie »

wrong thread :oops:

NickF

Post by NickF »

Bradywasking wrote:
Call it for what it is indeed but watch the rest of the world pussyfoot their way around it to simply avoid honesty..
So here goes for honesty, The actions of Liverpool fans caused 39 deaths in Heysel stadium, subsequently it caused the banning of English teams from Europe. The first victims (no pun intended) were their own neighbours Everton.. Everton had a decent chance in the European Cup, particularly in 85-86..
The actions of Liverpool fans caused English club football to fall miles behind the rest of Europe. When English clubs got back into the European Cup we got a tactical lesson from Benfica.
The actions of Liverpool fans contributed to the deaths of 96 of their own supporters. Despite what reports and enquiries said it is inconceivable that the actions outside the Lepppings Lane did not contribute to what happened inside.
The actions of Liverpool fans subsequently led to the sanitising of football and the removing of it from the hands of the people who lived for it.
Never forgave them, as we missed out on the European Cup after '89 championship win.
Back to the original point, there is no way that safe-standing is ever going to be anything like standing back in the day.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

NickF wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
Never forgave them, as we missed out on the European Cup after '89 championship win.
Back to the original point, there is no way that safe-standing is ever going to be anything like standing back in the day.
Safe standing will never happen because the club's will object to the loss of revenue on seat sales..I know standing may improve capacity but the revenue wouldn't improve as the charge to stand couldn't be the same as s seat and its revenue not fans that motivates clubs.

Perryashburtongroves

Add to that the actions of their supporters at Heysel. The way the police reacted to large groups of Liverpool supporters after that was a direct result of their actions that day. Quite rightly, the police were wary of them as they had proven to be drunk, violent and out of control at times. Quite why the question about whether the police response at Hillsborough was influenced by the events of Heysel was never asked at the inquests, I do not know. I can only assume, it didn't fit the outcome that was decided beforehand. The fact that the bindippers have never accepted any blame for either of these events is quite frankly disgraceful.
Last edited by Perryashburtongroves on Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

As much as I despise the mousers for heysel I'll never forgive UEFA for that ridiculous punishment, making out hooliganism was an english problem, not just a football problem or even a british problem but english. It all stems from the domination of europe by english clubs in general, looking at how many trophies english sides picked up during the late seventies to the mid eighties. UEFA took it upon themselves to set us back to give the rest of europe a chance, and they did set us back, the next time a european club won in europe it was the CWC (mancs in 1990, then us in '94) no english club won the big prize until 1999 and that was 14 years after the banning.

One of the worst things I've ever seen at a football ground was liverpool's banner when they played everton a while back, I can never remember when this was, but they had a banner on the kop saying "sparta 86" with the european cup printed beneath it. Now that is something that I just can't get my head around
edit- in fact here it is:

the club actually allowed them to display that banner that effectively mocked everton over the killing of juventus supporters, the killing that their own fans were guilty of. I'll never understand how they got away with that, to this day and yet the media will kiss up to them at every opportunity. i'll never have sympathy for their fucking misfortune, hence why watching them get knocked out by soton the other night was fucking brilliant.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:As much as I despise the mousers for heysel I'll never forgive UEFA for that ridiculous punishment, making out hooliganism was an english problem, not just a football problem or even a british problem but english. It all stems from the domination of europe by english clubs in general, looking at how many trophies english sides picked up during the late seventies to the mid eighties. UEFA took it upon themselves to set us back to give the rest of europe a chance, and they did set us back, the next time a european club won in europe it was the CWC (mancs in 1990, then us in '94) no english club won the big prize until 1999 and that was 14 years after the banning.

One of the worst things I've ever seen at a football ground was liverpool's banner when they played everton a while back, I can never remember when this was, but they had a banner on the kop saying "sparta 86" with the european cup printed beneath it. Now that is something that I just can't get my head around

the club actually allowed them to display that banner that effectively mocked everton over the killing of juventus supporters, the killing that their own fans were guilty of. I'll never understand how they got away with that, to this day and yet the media will kiss up to them at every opportunity. i'll never have sympathy for their fucking misfortune, hence why watching them get knocked out by soton the other night was fucking brilliant.
Looks like originally in 2010... absolute scum... :x

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/footbal ... ak-3361843

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:As much as I despise the mousers for heysel I'll never forgive UEFA for that ridiculous punishment, making out hooliganism was an english problem, not just a football problem or even a british problem but english. It all stems from the domination of europe by english clubs in general, looking at how many trophies english sides picked up during the late seventies to the mid eighties. UEFA took it upon themselves to set us back to give the rest of europe a chance, and they did set us back, the next time a european club won in europe it was the CWC (mancs in 1990, then us in '94) no english club won the big prize until 1999 and that was 14 years after the banning.

Looks like originally in 2010... absolute scum... :x

http://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/footbal ... ak-3361843
This should be copied and pasted onto every Facebook and other social media outlets, it should be printed and put on every work canteen noticeboard, with a click if a button it needs to be brought up at family gatherings...Why? Because I for one am sick to death of the media/ mouser generated spin on the good humoured Miseryside derbys.
I am sick of the plastic Victim fans getting misty eyed about one tragedy while turning a deliberate blind eye to another. I am sick of the slightest comment that doesn't suit their agenda being deliberately misconstrued as an insult.
This banner is disgusting and even if nor meant it is an insult to the Heysel dead..But I'm.sure if the photo is examined forensically it could be proved the two guys holding it up have Chelsea tattoos.