Everton (away) Tuesday 13th December, 7:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Everton (away) Tuesday 13th December, 7:45

Post by rodders999 »

4 seconds after Peter Crouch strolling on to the pitch Saturday we were scrambling his free header from a corner off the line.

3 days later Ashley Williams is left completely unmarked to head home the winner from another corner.

Got lucky Saturday, punished tonight. You keep making the same shit mistakes and you're going to get punished. Absolutely fucking pathetic "defending" and that's not even getting in to the shit show that went down for the first goal - the left back crossing for the right back to head home. That's the type of dross normally reserved for an under 9's games.

Piss fucking poor.

Rob Admin
Site Admin

Post by Rob Admin »

Had an offer for a ticket to see Human League. Live tonight, almost turned it down before sense got the better of me, december game up north against a team in need of a result... fuck that!

Really enjoyed reading the summary of the predictable outcome in this thread and feel nustified in going out. Predict a proper thrashing Saturday, lets put the challenge to bed and start preperaring for the 4th place run in.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Two uncontested headed goals. I understand the loss of Mustafi would distort the back 4 a little, but fuking hell. We had a good shape and Everton got nothing down the middle. So did all the hard work, but forgot to make a challenge the ball in the air. Again, nothing to do with quality, but rather, bad organisation and lack of effort.

This is why Wenger needs to be on the hook, because the players are good enough, but the motivation is very often lacking.

As Everton grew in strengh as the game wore on, Wenger again did nothing other than make the like for like 70th minute sub. He pretty much abandoned the team and left them hanging just as he did against United. You seem him on the touchline, looking a nervous wreck, hunched over hoping for the best. Koeman on the other hand, is up on his feet staring intently at the game looking for areas of weakness in his own team, or the other team. Why doesnt Wenger just fuk off down the tunnel. Because shitting yourself on the sidelines cant be good for moral and energy among the players. Stand up straight, and stand on the touchline - at least look like you are not bricking it.

Im not nit-picking here. As Wenger literally does look scared and afraid watching the game. Whilst other managers look on with a calmness and intensity about them. He also needs to wear clothes that fit him, and stand up straight. As he looks like confused old fool who cant even dress himself.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

DB10GOONER wrote:Ozil and Sanchez (when on form etc) are our best 2 players by miles and miles. But on a night like tonight? Useless. So why were they not subbed the fuck outa there? Oh right, because our manager is an inept fucking moral coward. :censored: :roll:
Those two were not great I agree - but our two wide young wizkids Ox/Feo were worse, but got replaced about 45 minutes to late. Feo's non tackle that led to their first goal & Ozil's 2 misses cost us the game. I think Kos worked his bollocks off & can't be blamed for this result. Their crowd lifted them. If only our home crowd could react like that. Without Sanchez & Koz we'd be stuffed. Also seeing Giroud & Iwobi coming on as subs would not scare many teams, we have no other options. Must offload these players in January. :barscarf: :barscarf:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Down at game with my brother,we were absolute shite :( no surprise though I mean koeman has his number..he really is a tactically inept fannyhole of a man :oops:
We've had several of these days/night's in the last 10yrs and we will have many many more for as long as le fartpipe reigns over us :(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ah well reality bites again...One massive result this season, the 3-0 against Chavs.. Every other game was a should win game..How did the Chavs react to our win? By sorting themselves out, organising themselves and learning from it..Tomorrow they will probably have their tenth successive win and move six points clear of us..
Arsenal are at their most worrying when 1-0 up and cruising, they give opposition a chance which tonight they took..

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Ozil cowering away again for that winner. Arrogant shit.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Ozil isnt a player who 'puts in a shift'. He is not James Milner FFS. No player is perfect, and with Ozil, you get the odd anonymous performance. He is still one of the best players to have played for us, and the club should be bending over backwards to sign him up.

The main area's of concern, were Gabriel, both as an individual, and his lack of communication with Kos.

Although the biggest concern, was again Wenger who showed no imagination with his subs, or with his tactics. He simply dithered on the touchline, and made his 70 minute subs.

Then of course Wenger blamed the ref, as apparently the corner should not have been (it doesnt matter). Koeman's response was brilliant, acknowledging it wasnt a corner and the ref made a mistake, but that Arsenal have themselves to blame for failing to even contest Williams in the air. Koeman saying what Wenger should have.

I like Koeman, and he should be our next manager, but I suspect there is bad blood between Koeman and Wenger, and I fear Wenger would do his utmost to block Koeman from replacing him.

Look on the bright side, Wenger hasnt signed a contract and looks set to keep his word and not to evaluate position until after the season. Lets see if he dares put pen to paper if this year consists of another faltering title challenge and round 16 exit.

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

According to wenger Everton were playing a cup game :D :D my 3 main concerns
Walcott Gabriel ox very poor

markyp

Post by markyp »

this season we look differant they said,we can mount a ttile challenge they said,well heres a sobering thought by the time we face city on sunday we will be 9 points behind the chavs :shock:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Ozil is the absolute epitome of a flat track bully. When we dominate, when we have time on the ball, when we are allowed to play a freewheeling, kick around in the park type of game he can be untouchable. But once teams man up, once they get in our faces, shut down the space, hassle the ball carriers....poof he disappears like a puff of dust. That could actually be said for 90% of the team but Ozil more so than anyone.

As for Wenger I don't think it would make a difference if he was on the touchline, in the stands or left at home. He brings NOTHING, neither does Bould, they might as well not be there.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Brightonnxtround wrote:According to wenger Everton were playing a cup game :D :D my 3 main concerns
Walcott Gabriel ox very poor
If that was the case then surely shouldn't they have rested 10 players whilst focusing on bigger, unwinnable prizes?

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

DB10GOONER wrote:There's not one of our players can hold his head up after that. Every single one was poor or utter shit. :roll:

Resilience? Stick that word up your fucking arsehole. :roll:

There was a brilliant camera shot of Koeman gesticulating, yelling, pointing, coaxing his team near the end... Wenger was sat behind him, hugging himself like a teenaged fucking goth... :oops: :roll:

But t wasn't Wengers fault we lost, it was the referee........................................ :oops: :blah:

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

xisstential wrote:Ozil is the absolute epitome of a flat track bully. When we dominate, when we have time on the ball, when we are allowed to play a freewheeling, kick around in the park type of game he can be untouchable. But once teams man up, once they get in our faces, shut down the space, hassle the ball carriers....poof he disappears like a puff of dust. That could actually be said for 90% of the team but Ozil more so than anyone.

As for Wenger I don't think it would make a difference if he was on the touchline, in the stands or left at home. He brings NOTHING, neither does Bould, they might as well not be there.

Thats not Ozil's role though. We know what he is, everyone does, yet almost every team would want him.

He doesnt have an engine, as he int an athlete. He isnt a grafter, so cant 'get stuck in'. Its simple, when the team plays shit, and gets overrun and cant hold the ball, Ozil loses effect. But you know that if you get foothold in the game, he is the one who can split the defence open.

I personally get pissed when Coquelin starts trying to dink it over the backline. Because his chips are shit and never find their mark. All players have their roles, specialties and limitations. Ozil tries, but he simply cant find himself when we dont have possession.

If you want him to add that dimension to this game, you will be waiting forever.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

falkirk goon wrote:Down at game with my brother,we were absolute shite :( no surprise though I mean koeman has his number..he really is a tactically inept fannyhole of a man :oops:
We've had several of these days/night's in the last 10yrs and we will have many many more for as long as le fartpipe reigns over us :(
Any murmurings of discontent among the masses towards you know who? I saw Mr. Care in the Community with his headphones a few times when the away end was shown :roll: