Everton (away) Tuesday 13th December, 7:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Everton (away) Tuesday 13th December, 7:45

Post by xisstential »

Wilson wrote:
xisstential wrote:Ozil is the absolute epitome of a flat track bully. When we dominate, when we have time on the ball, when we are allowed to play a freewheeling, kick around in the park type of game he can be untouchable. But once teams man up, once they get in our faces, shut down the space, hassle the ball carriers....poof he disappears like a puff of dust. That could actually be said for 90% of the team but Ozil more so than anyone.

As for Wenger I don't think it would make a difference if he was on the touchline, in the stands or left at home. He brings NOTHING, neither does Bould, they might as well not be there.

Thats not Ozil's role though. We know what he is, everyone does, yet almost every team would want him.

He doesnt have an engine, as he int an athlete. He isnt a grafter, so cant 'get stuck in'. Its simple, when the team plays shit, and gets overrun and cant hold the ball, Ozil loses effect. But you know that if you get foothold in the game, he is the one who can split the defence open.

I personally get pissed when Coquelin starts trying to dink it over the backline. Because his chips are shit and never find their mark. All players have their roles, specialties and limitations. Ozil tries, but he simply cant find himself when we dont have possession.

If you want him to add that dimension to this game, you will be waiting forever.
Coq & Xhaka should bring controlled steel/spine to the midfield but both of them come across as walking red cards... Coq especially, he flies in or leaves his foot in all over the field, a lot of the time unnecessarily. And when he gets booked and things are getting more heated as the game wears on...Wenger just sits there. Waiting for minute 70 or the red card, whichever comes first. If it's the red, well that's the refs fault.
Last edited by xisstential on Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Midz

Post by Midz »

I wonder if they sit down the next day and all watch the game on a big screen to see what mistakes were made.

Probably not. AW just tells them to focus on the next game and to play it the exact same way!

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Midz wrote:I wonder if they sit down the next day and all watch the game on a big screen to see what mistakes were made.

Probably not. AW just tells them to focus on the next game and to play it the exact same way!
If they do watch it I hope someone points out to Ozil how he totally and utterly wimped out of jumping and challenging for the corner. If he had it was a simple clearing header. No excuses, bottled it like a 7 year old.
I keep telling myself that I'm far too old to get stressed anymore about Arsenal but something like that plus Wenger's whingeing about the corner not being a corner just does my fucking head in

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Notwithstanding it being another defeat to Koeman and following being tactically out-thought and outplayed by Pochettino and Mourinho sides over the last few weeks, yesterday was hardly a tactical masterclass from Koeman.

Everton were completely hapless. Didn't play any decent football, loose defensively and unable to cope with us on the few occasions where we zipped it about for five minutes. The only players who had any chances for them were defenders who found themselves unmarked in the box. We weren't outmanoeuvred, we just went to extreme lengths to somehow lose the game. I really was amazed at how awful they were all over the pitch.

Sanchez up front is just never going to work for a full season, despite his work rate, ability or even goal return. We came up against a team with decent full backs which meant that unsurprisingly Ox and Walcott both put in the sort of performance which they have regularly been turning in for years. So with two sitting midfielders all of our goal scoring threat has to come from Sanchez and Ozil, which is unsustainable even when they don't both have shockers.

Fully expect us to make it 5 points from 6 games against the other top 7 sides on Sunday to add to our failure to beat PSG in either game. How can people convince themselves to every season that we are somehow different this year?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Midz wrote:I wonder if they sit down the next day and all watch the game on a big screen to see what mistakes were made.

NO, I doubt it otherwise why would the same thing happen over &over & over...... In fact I heard a while back that Wenger sulks and blanks the players the next day. Like a petulant child.....

I honestly don't think Wenger plans differently for games. He just picks the team & off they go. If it's not working out on the pitch...well too late now. He really is hopeless.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Groundhog day lads

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

rodders999 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:Down at game with my brother,we were absolute shite :( no surprise though I mean koeman has his number..he really is a tactically inept fannyhole of a man :oops:
We've had several of these days/night's in the last 10yrs and we will have many many more for as long as le fartpipe reigns over us :(
Any murmurings of discontent among the masses towards you know who? I saw Mr. Care in the Community with his headphones a few times when the away end was shown :roll:
Not a peep Rodders :( infact when I voiced my discontent I was told by the lad next to me that "it ain't wengers fault they're misplacing passes,he just picks the team" :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

Anyone see the clips from the post match press conference on ssn last night ? Wenger bemoaned the referee and said that it isn't the first time clattenberg screwed us over (am paraphrasing here) - koeman responded by saying that he wasn't surprised by wenger's comments and 3 times in a row he has beaten Arsenal, and everytime arsene wenger blamed the referee afterwards :roll: :oops:
He also apologized for beating us/wenger again :lol: :lol:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The "defending" for the second goal was abysmal but I just can't shake the anger of the first goal off myself this morning.

The left back crosses for the unmarked right back to head home. I mean I just cannot get my head around that at all, it actually fries my tiny little mind. I mean how many individual errors need to occur before that particular scenario can unfold? If that happened in division 67 I'd be embarrassed. Disgrace! Did that actually happen, can anyone confirm if THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENED?? :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm sorry but anyone blaming last night on Ozil has not got a scooby about football. :oops: :roll:

Don't embarrass yourselves lads ffs. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

On a lighter note did anyone spot the old guy two punters to the left of the gobshite in the Arsenal headphones? Looked like he wanted to kill him. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

As we have seen on numerous previous occasions, ANY team that is organised, agressive and in your face closing down can disrupt Arsenals more intricate style of passing football, (include lower league teams in that as well) just like Everton did last night

Not bad luck as Wenger suggests that is deflecting attention from real issues
Poor passing
Piss poor defending
No leadership
NO WINNERS

Afraid players such as Walcott are not winners mentally, they won't get in and battle for a result, just melt away
Did not se anyone really protecting Ozil when he was threatened and bullied just before half time...he looked so timid/scared in response

Everton are very poor, Seamus Coleman very poor player technically, but put a lot of effort in had a bit of luck and got the result

Everton strangely deserved to win

No Posts saying we will win the title or win in Munich please, that is beyond deluded :D

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

augie wrote:Anyone see the clips from the post match press conference on ssn last night ? Wenger bemoaned the referee and said that it isn't the first time clattenberg screwed us over (am paraphrasing here) - koeman responded by saying that he wasn't surprised by wenger's comments and 3 times in a row he has beaten Arsenal, and everytime arsene wenger blamed the referee afterwards :roll: :oops:
He also apologized for beating us/wenger again :lol: :lol:
Koeman needs to be our next manager. He has had his tough spells, such as at Valencia and AZ Alkmaar. But since has taken to the premier league like a duck to water. He has that balance of deploying attacking and defensive football, and is a great tactician who isnt afraid to tells hard truths. Apparently he told Barkley he wasnt as great as the media was saying. You reckon Wenger would ever pour cold water on Ramsey's belief in his own ability?

Koeman is exactly what we need. What we dont need, is the 'next Arsene Wenger', some fuking pleb whose teams play good football but win most of their games 4-3 or 3-2.

I know their are others, like Simeone, Low, and you never know if someone like Ancelotti might become available, but I just think Koeman is the man

Side note, ive seen Eddie Howe and Roberto Martinez names mentioned - no fuking way.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Everton showed in one half how you should and shouldn't play against Arsenal.

A fair number of the points we have this season in the PL and CL have come from the the opposition being inept at both ends of the field and we have ridden our luck. A defeat like this has been coming though.

There just seems to be no pride in keeping clean sheets anymore. Not throughout the team anyway.

And Walcott's token effort at closing down Baines was almost as pathetic as him jumping out of the way of the Sunderland player last season. It was like a dad letting his kid go past him in the back garden. But oops sorry I forgot .. we cant critiscise Theo because he gets a few goals :roll:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:I'm sorry but anyone blaming last night on Ozil has not got a scooby about football. :oops: :roll:

Don't embarrass yourselves lads ffs. :roll:
Honestly DB I do wonder if you were really present when GG was gaffer. Not for a second is anyone blaming him for the defeat, but of course you have to pass a lot of the blame onto hi for the second goal. We just cannot afford to have total passengers in the team and so often is he a total passenger, the reason why koeman, pulis and hughes so often frustrate us is that they have a team on the same level who all have jobs to do when the opposition have the ball, they all have a position to take up and know where every other player on their team will be. This is why they are able to make the pitch so small and make us play these silly little passes with no room in behind.
When they have the ball they can cut us open with one quick pass and that is because we have no idea to the defend as a team, yes individuals can defend but as a team we don't have the discipline, there are players who don't know where they should be or at least don't give a shit. "It's not my job" is a shitty excuse and it just would not fly under Graham, Ferguson or Clough. You can't win a title by having prima donnas in the team who won't take responsibility and I'm actually sick of the desperate excuses AKBs and the like make for ozil, it absolutely reakes of arrogance to think you don't need a full team to defend.

And btw to the bloke who says ozil is not an athlete- fucking hell that is just beautiful :lol: the bloke is one of the most fit players in the world, i can guarantee you he has huge stamina and is more than capable of putting in a tackle and tracking back a little bit. He is not made of glass :roll:

We simply won't get close to the title until we have some discipline in the team. End of.