champs lge draw...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: champs lge draw...

Post by Clash »

Sean wrote:It's fucking laughable that we get drawn with Bayern yet again. The other path would have given us Barcelona yet again. This fucking piece of shit competition is rigged! :censored:

I hate how they drag out and stagger these knockout games. It always fucks our season up. You can fucking guarantee that TOF will throw the FA Cup in favour of going all in for the 'heroic defeat' on aggregate, before we coast to the VT.

:suicide:
I would prefer to see an open draw. The reason the same fixtures keep repeating themselves is because there are too many restrictions in place i.e. seeding teams and not allowing teams from the same country to play each other before the QF.

And its not just Arsenal who suffer. How many times have PSG played Barcelona? We#ve even had the same opponents in the final 2 out of the last 3 seasons.

If they dont want teams from the same nation playing each other then dont fucking well let 4 of them into the same competition in the first place :banghead: .

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Sean wrote:It's fucking laughable that we get drawn with Bayern yet again. The other path would have given us Barcelona yet again. This fucking piece of shit competition is rigged! :censored:

I hate how they drag out and stagger these knockout games. It always fucks our season up. You can fucking guarantee that TOF will throw the FA Cup in favour of going all in for the 'heroic defeat' on aggregate, before we coast to the VT.

:suicide:
I would prefer to see an open draw. The reason the same fixtures keep repeating themselves is because there are too many restrictions in place i.e. seeding teams and not allowing teams from the same country to play each other before the QF.

And its not just Arsenal who suffer. How many times have PSG played Barcelona? We#ve even had the same opponents in the final 2 out of the last 3 seasons.

If they dont want teams from the same nation playing each other then dont fucking well let 4 of them into the same competition in the first place :banghead: .

Absolutely agree on both points 8)

Frankly it is embarrassing reading/listening to crap about the draw being fixed - do you think that Bayern fans are complaining about it being fixed ? No they fcuking well are not cos they know that they are as good as through to the quarter finals already. Some of our fans complain cos they know we wont go any further, but if we believed that we were real contenders then we wouldn't give a shit who we draw cos we know that we need to beat good teams to do so

On the second point I have long been complaining about what a bloated shower of shite this competition really is - I still don't understand how someone in uefa's pr department hasn't pulled them aside and pointed out the absolute ridiculous idea of calling it the "champions league" whilst letting 4th place teams into it :roll: :oops:

NickF

Post by NickF »

augie wrote:
On the second point I have long been complaining about what a bloated shower of shite this competition really is - I still don't understand how someone in uefa's pr department hasn't pulled them aside and pointed out the absolute ridiculous idea of calling it the "champions league" whilst letting 4th place teams into it :roll: :oops:
It has also led to a lowering of standards at The Arsenal. We are now content with just finishing 4th as that is all that is required to get in and get the big money.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

I am desperate for Arsenal to win this competition but until we have a squad capable of doing so i couldn't care less, the winning is still many years away