champs lge draw...

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
markyp

Re: champs lge draw...

Post by markyp »

LaughingGooner wrote:We've got better, they've declined.
Huge advantage being at home second leg.
But their winter break will help the.
Going to be two cracking games.
weve got better???oh yeah cos we are 10points clear at the top of the EPL,we are the same as weve always been,its everybody elses demise that makes up look stronger,as for Bayern it will be ground hog day number 14

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Im pleased with the draw, lets face it we have no chance of winning the competition lets get some big games in before we are knocked out

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

falkirk goon wrote:My advice to anyone who thinks we can get through :oops: is this..don't do it to yourselves.It's really this simple...it's Carlo Ancelotti a serial champions league winner against le bumhole :oops: I rest my case.
Agree with this, but it wouldn't surprise me if we got a half decent result in Munich, narrow defeat with away goal or even a draw only to completely implode at home in the second leg. The only way I can see Arsenal beat Bayern in the second leg is if we get stuffed in Munich and the tie is all but over..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Wilson wrote:Im only worried that a hammering, might open up old wounds and spill into the league.

Its imperative we make a game of it. And you know what, this is the best team we have had since 03-04, so we should do better than previous efforts.

Remember we once played Sanago against Bayern. You look back at the former teams that got touched up, and the current one is much more resilient.
There's that word again... but are we as "resilient" as the scum...? :roll: :lol:

The best team since 04? Christ. That's like saying "Hey, back in 2004 I owned a Ferrari. Since then I've only ever owned beat up old 1970's Lada's, but this current 1970's Lada is the best one I've owned." :roll:

And why exactly should we "do better"? Because we have a couple of better players? We still have an inept incompetent manager calling the shots, a man that refuses to prepare for individual games, a man that just tells his players to express themselves, a man that starts players like Ramsey no matter how bad they are playing, a man that refuses to strengthen the team sufficiently EVERY January and then fiddles with his zipper or kicks water bottles around whilst looking totally bemused at how it has all gone wrong again... ffs wake up. :roll:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

flash gunner wrote:Im pleased with the draw, lets face it we have no chance of winning the competition lets get some big games in before we are knocked out
Would have been my attitude had we drawn Madrid.

Unfortunately watching us chase shadows against Bayern for a fourth consecutive year doesn't really get the juices flowing.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

northbank123 wrote:
flash gunner wrote:Im pleased with the draw, lets face it we have no chance of winning the competition lets get some big games in before we are knocked out
Would have been my attitude had we drawn Madrid.

Unfortunately watching us chase shadows against Bayern for a fourth consecutive year doesn't really get the juices flowing.
Agree with that

augie

Post by augie »

Will somebody please shut this mouthy c.unt up ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ich-defeat

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

markyp wrote:
weve got better???oh yeah cos we are 10points clear at the top of the EPL,we are the same as weve always been,its everybody elses demise that makes up look stronger,as for Bayern it will be ground hog day number 14

Think we are better than last time we faced them...had Metersecker, Arteta and Wilshere all playing...probably Ramsey too...

we are definitely improved from that line up...not saying we will get anything in Munich though

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:Will somebody please shut this mouthy c.unt up ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Bayern didn't want us :oops: that's why they tweeted about arranging their travel to london when we topped our group :oops: Of all the teams that finished 1st I bet we are the team they wanted most :lol:

Blood_Gooner

Post by Blood_Gooner »

augie wrote:Will somebody please shut this mouthy c.unt up ? :evil: :evil: :evil:

Aaah, there's this season's buzz word again 'resilient'. :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
markyp wrote:

Think we are better than last time we faced them...had Metersecker, Arteta and Wilshere all playing...probably Ramsey too...

we are definitely improved from that line up...not saying we will get anything in Munich though
Watching last years humiliation was the most embarrassing let down....i was actually looking forward to it.....really should have been 10-1

TitoFrito125

Post by TitoFrito125 »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Its definitely not just "bad luck", there's something fucking fixed about the whole thing.

HOWEVER, it doesnt matter that we pulled them in the first round. You have to beat good teams to win it, so who cares if its the first round or the 3rd? May as well go out early and concentrate on the league (if we're even still in with a shot by end of Feb).

Let's be real, we would have lost to Sevilla or Porto or whoever we faced anyways.

I know I will get steam rolled and called names for this but listen if we are all true, loyal, gooners then we need to support and hope. Use the same energy we use in all this COMPLAINING and use it toward actually keeping a positive atmosphere.

All we can do is trust Arsene. He is the one who sees the players in training. Sees how they are playing. Talks with them. Knows their mental state.

Also people stopped caring about consistency. And people are greedy and stopped caring that we get to round of 16 consistently. Consistently do very well in toughest league (my opinion) in the world.

You want to change managers and end up like MANCHESTER UNITED! Hell no. I dont want to be in limbo and sucking for this long. I would suffer. They didnt even make champions league. I dony want to go to europa league. Leave that for chelsea, man u, and tottenham and so forth.

NOW as to THE DRAW!

I agree with Yankee and also someone else in the thread:

1) We should have hope to win the champions league. And if we actually wanna win it then we gotta beat everyone and eventually the best.

2) No one agrees with Theo but arsenal are better this season. We ARE NOT the same because many reasons. Theo is better than last season. Ox is better. OZIL is sunning. And alexis now succeeds and performs well in centre foward role. Bellerin is amazing. Mustafi is better than merte. And our bench is strong now. And our squad is deep.

3) February may have new injuries but we should have santi back and danny. And mustafi. So it will be excellent. (Dont start complaining predicting furure of all the injuries we will have cuz we dont know that...stop being negative)

What i regret is not having a recall option on wilshere. So arsene shoulda done that but again we dont know all the info that he knows.

Also it is good we are out of league cup and even if we drop out of champs we can focus on the league. So come on! We got this.

Bayern is vulnerable. They finished second in the group! Also new manager this year. Lets take it too them!

They were much stronger before. So lets do it guys. Even if they weren't "weaker" per-say...we are still in great form. Alexis and ozil...lets keep em happy.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

TitoFrito125 wrote:
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:Its definitely not just "bad luck", there's something fucking fixed about the whole thing.

HOWEVER, it doesnt matter that we pulled them in the first round. You have to beat good teams to win it, so who cares if its the first round or the 3rd? May as well go out early and concentrate on the league (if we're even still in with a shot by end of Feb).

Let's be real, we would have lost to Sevilla or Porto or whoever we faced anyways.

I know I will get steam rolled and called names for this but listen if we are all true, loyal, gooners then we need to support and hope. Use the same energy we use in all this COMPLAINING and use it toward actually keeping a positive atmosphere.

All we can do is trust Arsene. He is the one who sees the players in training. Sees how they are playing. Talks with them. Knows their mental state.

Also people stopped caring about consistency. And people are greedy and stopped caring that we get to round of 16 consistently. Consistently do very well in toughest league (my opinion) in the world.

You want to change managers and end up like MANCHESTER UNITED! Hell no. I dont want to be in limbo and sucking for this long. I would suffer. They didnt even make champions league. I dony want to go to europa league. Leave that for chelsea, man u, and tottenham and so forth.

NOW as to THE DRAW!

1) We should have hope to win the champions league. And if we actually wanna win it then we gotta beat everyone and eventually the best.

2) No one agrees with Theo but arsenal are better this season. We ARE NOT the same because many reasons. Theo is better than last season. Ox is better. OZIL is sunning. And alexis now succeeds and performs well in centre foward role. Bellerin is amazing. Mustafi is better than merte. And our bench is strong now. And our squad is deep.

3) February may have new injuries but we should have santi back and danny. And mustafi. So it will be excellent. (Dont start complaining predicting furure of all the injuries we will have cuz we dont know that...stop being negative)

What i regret is not having a recall option on wilshere. So arsene shoulda done that but again we dont know all the info that he knows.

Also it is good we are out of league cup and even if we drop out of champs we can focus on the league. So come on! We got this.

Bayern is vulnerable. They finished second in the group! Also new manager this year. Lets take it too them!

They were much stronger before. So lets do it guys. Even if they weren't "weaker" per-say...we are still in great form. Alexis and ozil...lets keep em happy.

Welcome to the forum

Why if we change manager do we end up like Manchester United ?

Chelsea changed their manager and are top of the league.
Liverpool changed their manager and are 3rd and got to the Europa Cup final last season.

Don't be scared of change

"All we can do is trust Arsene" - the same guy who played Sanogo v Bayern and in a cup final. :roll:
The same guy who persisited with Almunia, Denilson, Eboue ,Arteta, who shoehorns Ramsey into the team........yeah ok :roll:

Sean

Post by Sean »

It's fucking laughable that we get drawn with Bayern yet again. The other path would have given us Barcelona yet again. This fucking piece of shit competition is rigged! :censored:

I hate how they drag out and stagger these knockout games. It always fucks our season up. You can fucking guarantee that TOF will throw the FA Cup in favour of going all in for the 'heroic defeat' on aggregate, before we coast to the VT.

:suicide:

TitoFrito125

Post by TitoFrito125 »

StuartL wrote:
TitoFrito125 wrote:

NOW as to THE DRAW!

Welcome to the forum

Why if we change manager do we end up like Manchester United ?

Chelsea changed their manager and are top of the league.
Liverpool changed their manager and are 3rd and got to the Europa Cup final last season.

Don't be scared of change

"All we can do is trust Arsene" - the same guy who played Sanogo v Bayern and in a cup final. :roll:
The same guy who persisited with Almunia, Denilson, Eboue ,Arteta, who shoehorns Ramsey into the team........yeah ok :roll:

Oi! StuartL! Its people like you why I joined to open my eyes or change my mind and heart.

Now I wont be as sad if arsene goes. I just would love to be in a position where we get an awesome manager like liverpool or chelsea.

Because Manchester United seemed similar to us: long running famous consistent manager and he leaves and hell breaks loose for the worse.

Also arsene has contributed highly to the style of play and modern identity of the club and i dont want to loose that. But maybe change is good. We will see.

Im kinda jealous tho cuz klopp is awssome

PS sorry for changing topic of thread in a way