Manchester City (A) | PL | Sun 18 Dec 16:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Manchester City (A) | PL | Sun 18 Dec 16:00

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:Yaah gets me Blud...okay Fam.

phpBB [video]
I genuinely didn't know people spoke like that in London :shock:

Loads of blud/blood there.... and why does he keep saying fam? what's it mean? :o

Is that what SteveO sounds like? :rubchin: :lol:
If you ever heard me say "fam" or "blud" you have permission to shoot me. I'd also add 'bruv' or 'boss' to that list - why the fuck do people feel the need to say that shit, like its some form of new normal. Its almost like he's got Tourettes

Clash

Post by Clash »

SteveO 35 wrote:
If you ever heard me say "fam" or "blud" you have permission to shoot me. I'd also add 'bruv' or 'boss' to that list - why the fuck do people feel the need to say that shit, like its some form of new normal. Its almost like he's got Tourettes
Men who work in chip shops or kebab shops are keen users of 'boss' ... as in 'yes boss?' when asking what you want. Some use 'chief' instead.

When I was a boy and went in these places with my dad, I think 'squire' or 'Guv'nor' was the in-thing. The latter sometimes shortened to 'Guv' ... just like they were all in The Sweeney :roll: .

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clash wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Men who work in chip shops or kebab shops are keen users of 'boss' ... as in 'yes boss?' when asking what you want. Some use 'chief' instead.

When I was a boy and went in these places with my dad, I think 'squire' or 'Guv'nor' was the in-thing. The latter sometimes shortened to 'Guv' ... just like they were all in The Sweeney :roll: .
The guy who runs our local offie always says "boss" - if it wasn't for the fact that its my favourite shop, I'd call him out on it !

Belfast Boy

Post by Belfast Boy »

Ya forgot Colonel as the guy on one of the suicide burger vans on Avenell Rd used to say as in - alright Guvnor alright Kernel :-P

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Redarmy wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
Wilson wrote:Thats Gundogan down well - out for several months.

We might see Delph in their fuking team.

No Aguero, no Kompany, no Fernandinho, no Gundogan.

Missing their lynchpin at the back, missing the main man at the front, and missing their first choice midfield duo.
And yet they will still win cos its pep v le bumhole and pep has his number.
No he doesn't. Pep has had quality players at Barca and Bayern, not the same at city. Koeman has Wenger's number. If anything Wenger knows how to beat a Guardiola team.

I don't believe for a second Wenger has any pre planning for certain teams or managers. If he did the same things would not happen over & over and he would not sit there paralysed by indecision when things go wrong. If Ramsey, Sanchez & Ozil are fit he picks them, fits the others in around them & sends them out. The 70th minute subs are pre planned. Whatever happens in the first 70, cannot & will not be tampered with. The die is cast. If he wins he "masterminded" the oppositions defeat, if he loses, his players did not follow the "rules"
Thats it mate, you got it.......anyone watching the games over the last 10 years, or listening to what previous players have said would come to the same conclusion....not a bad life for £8.9 million a year!!!!
If anything, this game shows how dated Wenger's tactics have become. Simply ineffective.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
xisstential wrote:
Nos89 wrote:
falkirk goon wrote:
And yet they will still win cos its pep v le bumhole and pep has his number.
No he doesn't. Pep has had quality players at Barca and Bayern, not the same at city. Koeman has Wenger's number. If anything Wenger knows how to beat a Guardiola team.

I don't believe for a second Wenger has any pre planning for certain teams or managers. If he did the same things would not happen over & over and he would not sit there paralysed by indecision when things go wrong. If Ramsey, Sanchez & Ozil are fit he picks them, fits the others in around them & sends them out. The 70th minute subs are pre planned. Whatever happens in the first 70, cannot & will not be tampered with. The die is cast. If he wins he "masterminded" the oppositions defeat, if he loses, his players did not follow the "rules"
Thats it mate, you got it.......anyone watching the games over the last 10 years, or listening to what previous players have said would come to the same conclusion....not a bad life for £8.9 million a year!!!!
If anything, this game shows how dated Wenger's tactics have become. Simply ineffective.
sorry not sure what evidence of tactics was on show, Wenger plays the same every week regardless of opposition...just picks what he thinks is best team and send them out with little or no preparation

hartson

Post by hartson »

Much a'talk about tactics, please elaborate on what 'tactics' would have actually guaranteed a win at Everton and city

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WHAT!!!? Your dad was in the Sweeney??? fuuuuuucccccck - Did he drive a Zephyr 3.5 ???

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

hartson wrote:Much a'talk about tactics, please elaborate on what 'tactics' would have actually guaranteed a win at Everton and city

Shut it you SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG! :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

City getting absolute pelters from the Sky pundits, Guardiola's future being called into doubt.

In amongst it Alan McInally says "The only time I've seen them look like a Pep Guardiola team was against Arsenal". Hmmm....wonder why that could be then

Another bunch of imposters with a wanky defence made to look like world beaters in a big game by our limpdicked chumps

Herd

Post by Herd »

Its a new year Stevo blud !
Gotta move wit da times an dem tings ,bruv innit !

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:Its a new year Stevo blud !
Gotta move wit da times an dem tings ,bruv innit !
Yeah fam, innit Robbie

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Belfast Boy wrote:Ya forgot Colonel as the guy on one of the suicide burger vans on Avenell Rd used to say as in - alright Guvnor alright Kernel :-P
well you would have to be nuts to eat a burger from one of those vans