It's Not About The Players

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
spid

It's Not About The Players

Post by spid »

Players play.

They'll do what they are told to do by the manager or else they will be sold.

1/2/3 players will not win you a league. It's about the collective.

It's about a philosophy. It's about tactics, organisation, a plan. It's about round pieces in round holes.

For every piano player you need a piano mover.

Ozil/Sanchez will make a really good team great, but individually they are impotent. They'll do great things in moments in games but over ninety minutes for thirty eight games it won't win you anything.

The Arsenal team are not structurally sound. They will always concede. They are too easy to play against.

We have good players. We spend more than enough on wages.

They are badly managed.

AW must not get a new contract.

SPARKSY

Re: It's Not About The Players

Post by SPARKSY »

spid wrote:Players play.

It's about a philosophy. It's about tactics, organisation, a plan. It's about round pieces in round holes.

Ozil/Sanchez will make a really good team great, but individually they are impotent. They'll do great things in moments in games but over ninety minutes for thirty eight games it won't win you anything.

The Arsenal team are not structurally sound. They will always concede. They are too easy to play against.

They are badly managed.

Why would Sanchez want to sign another contract at Arsenal?? He can go elsewhere and get the money whilst also winning a few medals along the way.

augie

Post by augie »

There is NO-ONE who wants wenger gone more than me (I have stated so on here for the last 9 years), and I don't care if he has to be carried out in a pine box to get him out, but I simply will not allow the players a free pass for their continued gutless performances that have been served up to us for a number of years now :evil: If God me told in the morning that we could have diego simeone as our manager for the next two seasons but the deal meant that we would not win a trophy under him, I would still bite his hand off to get simeone for those two years - I would happily sacrifice short term success, for a manager that would come in and shake these lazy arsed prima donna's from their comfort zone, and show them how to organize a team tactically. I yearn for the days when we had players who weren't great, but who played with real passion for the club and the fans. These c.unts simply do not care and have zero professional pride in themselves or they wouldn't display the level of apathy we see on an all too frequent basis

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SPARKSY wrote:

They are badly managed.

Why would Sanchez want to sign another contract at Arsenal?? He can go elsewhere and get the money whilst also winning a few medals along the way.
Will Sanchez be the next RVP or Fabregas,or will he be treated differently on his return to the Arsene Wenger stadium I wonder? Will he be deemed another rat leaving the sinking ship or have we finally realised RVP/Nasri/Fabregas/Clichy/Sagna etc etc did actually leave the club because its fucked,and they knew they would NEVER realistically win anything there because of Wenger,No-one can accuse Sanchez of not trying,he puts his shift in most weeks,I honestly dont see him getting dogs abuse if he did leave and return to Le Grove,maybe I'm wrong,maybe we are just all bitter old c*nts?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

They are badly managed.

You summed it up second line from the bottom,I cannot think of any of our current players who have progressed under Wenger or Bould/Rice.none of them have got better,most have got worse,Gibbs,Walcott,Ox,Chambers,Jenkinson,Ramsey,Coqelin,none are becoming better players,in fact most of them are going backwards,Gabriel,Monreal,they are getting more error prone while Wenger sits and watches week in week out,personally I think Xhaka would look good in a good side,Sanchez and Ozil probably,Bellerin could be,but the rest......makes you wonder what exactly they do on the training ground

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

The typical modern footballer will look for every excuse in the book when they don't perform but the good players respond to instruction and direction and buy into it.When it starts going against us in games there is nothing coming from the sideline other than premeditated substitutions (70 min mark) and arguing with the 4th official,it is stale and has been for years.

The manager is to me a reflection of his players and our manager fits in nicely with the modern footballer will never look in the mirror for their shortcomings it's easier to deflect and distort the truth.

Yesterday another game where when the tide started turning against us many of our players shied away instead of digging in we have a certain type of player bought by this manager a mentality of just doing enough over a season but will buckle in the bigger games when under pressure,it is the story of the last decade under this manager.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Spid ?

An interesting mix of Spud & Y*d. :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

#justsaying.

Sean

Post by Sean »

It's obvious that any other manager would get more of of these players than the biggest fraud in football who is currently robbing nearly £23K per day in salary :banghead:

The players are too mollycoddled and have been allowed to develop shit attitudes. A new manager would not tolerate that shit.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sean wrote:It's obvious that any other manager would get more of of these players than the biggest fraud in football who is currently robbing nearly £23K per day in salary :banghead:

The players are too mollycoddled and have been allowed to develop shit attitudes. A new manager would not tolerate that shit.

I concur 8)

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

A manager in my job told me last week that a workforce becomes conditioned by its environment.. You become what you are as a group by your working conditions and what and who you are dealing with..
So Arsenal FC 2016 is now a mess because every player within the squad has become conditioned not to be a fighter and a winner.(notable exceptions apart)
On last Tuesday and again on Sunday this manifested itself again..Ok it wasn't the hammerings of previous years, mainly due to the quality of the opposition not being what it was in previous years, but the attitude and lack of desire was every bit as bad.
The players troop off at the end with little or no understanding of the responsibility the have to the club or its supporters. Safe in the knowledge that the manager will on most occasions blame every other person or issue for defeat rather than them or himself.
Wenger has on a few occasions blamed the players,cruelly after Sheffield Wednesday last year he destroyed the kids he should never had picked in the first place, but generally they are safe from blame which I imagine continues into the training ground.
The team is not set up to succeed and sadly the culture doesn't demand it at Arsenal anymore.The tourist element at the Emirates allow a free pass to the manager and squad because they know no better and like their heroes on the pitch and in the dug out have no burning desire to change that.
Every so often a player, currently Sanchez, is above all that and he cuts a frustrated figure. He won't stay but the majority will content themselves to call him money grabbing Judas.
So removing the manager is the first and vital step to ending this nightmare, but the culture is ingrained in the club and changing that is a bigger challenge.
It's a never ending cycle of mediocrity that needs not only Wenger gone for it to change.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Bradywasking wrote:A manager in my job told me last week that a workforce becomes conditioned by its environment.. You become what you are as a group by your working conditions and what and who you are dealing with..
So Arsenal FC 2016 is now a mess because every player within the squad has become conditioned not to be a fighter and a winner.(notable exceptions apart)
On last Tuesday and again on Sunday this manifested itself again..Ok it wasn't the hammerings of previous years, mainly due to the quality of the opposition not being what it was in previous years, but the attitude and lack of desire was every bit as bad.
The players troop off at the end with little or no understanding of the responsibility the have to the club or its supporters. Safe in the knowledge that the manager will on most occasions blame every other person or issue for defeat rather than them or himself.
Wenger has on a few occasions blamed the players,cruelly after Sheffield Wednesday last year he destroyed the kids he should never had picked in the first place, but generally they are safe from blame which I imagine continues into the training ground.
The team is not set up to succeed and sadly the culture doesn't demand it at Arsenal anymore.The tourist element at the Emirates allow a free pass to the manager and squad because they know no better and like their heroes on the pitch and in the dug out have no burning desire to change that.
Every so often a player, currently Sanchez, is above all that and he cuts a frustrated figure. He won't stay but the majority will content themselves to call him money grabbing Judas.
So removing the manager is the first and vital step to ending this nightmare, but the culture is ingrained in the club and changing that is a bigger challenge.
It's a never ending cycle of mediocrity that needs not only Wenger gone for it to change.
Couldn't have put it better myself

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:A manager in my job told me last week that a workforce becomes conditioned by its environment.. You become what you are as a group by your working conditions and what and who you are dealing with..
Some probably will. But for me Sanchez owes us nothing. He has put in a serious shift from Day 1. He has given everything on the pitch and been let down by shit team mates and a very poor and past-it manager.

Nasri was a money grubbing whore who cashed in after a half season of good performances. He owed us.

VanJudasCunt was a money/glory seeking whore who cashed in after one decent season after we had paid him millions whilst he was perma-crocked. He owed us.

But Sanchez? We owe him. We owe him a decent manager and a better system and better team mates.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:Spid ?

An interesting mix of Spud & Y*d. :rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

#justsaying.
:rubchin: "are you Wilson"
"Are you Wilson"
"Are you Wilson in disguise"