Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

OneBardGooner

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clash wrote:Voted Ozil to stay but not Sanchez

But how about this for a chilling scenario:

Both players do not sign ... but instead of leaving with them, Wenger signs a new deal because he could not make the club suffer the loss of their two best players at the same time as his own departure. It will be sold to us that Wenger staying on at this time will be him once again displaying his love for the club with yet another act of self-sacrifice.

There is only two feasible responses to such an event - either cease to take any interest in Arsenal till he has gone, or end up doing something silly aka :suicide:

Yaah Get's Me Fam? Okay Blud. 8) :D

Sean

Post by Sean »

I voted neither.

I have no faith that they want to stay in this no-mark side. I have no faith the club will pay them their asking.

I'd rather Sanchez stay over Ozil, for what it's worth. I pray that this bullshit doesn't contrive to keep TOF here, but then again we are the football equivalent of purgatory.
augie wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:

Both players do not sign ... but instead of leaving with them, Wenger signs a new deal because he could not make the club suffer the loss of their two best players at the same time as his own departure. It will be sold to us that Wenger staying on at this time will be him once again displaying his love for the club with yet another act of self-sacrifice.
Although I think they'll sign, this doesn't sound too far-fetched tbh - Wenger once again showing his unconditional love and affection for the club and it's supporters by carrying out yet another godlike act of selflessness, caring and humility... raking in a new and improved 12mil a year contract (+ discretionary bonuses) :D :lol:

And the fucking saps will lap it up :banghead: "Who could replace him!?" "He's earned the right to decide!" "He's given Arsenal his life!" rinse and repeat until he's carried out in a fucking box :banghead:
I keep reading comments like that on here, but yet nobody is willing to step up and make it happen - I am still willing to kick in with a financial contribution to whoever gets the job done 8)
If you're willing to provide a helicopter and a sniper... I'll do it 8)
OneBardGooner wrote:

There is only two feasible responses to such an event - either cease to take any interest in Arsenal till he has gone, or end up doing something silly aka :suicide:

Rassclaat! :cussing:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Sanchez will sign........

for Man City :oops: :banghead:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Leaving Arsene to sign more "Zuper qualiteee" with the money!

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

robbo10 wrote:Sanchez will sign........

for Man City :oops: :banghead:
I concur :( at the end of the game on Sunday pep probably told him..

subtleasaheadbutt

Post by subtleasaheadbutt »

TBH I think both will sign. I know footballers are thick but even they must know the malaise this club is in when they signed. As long as the money is right they will sign.

However, your scenario is what will happen if the club does not stump up with the cash for them. Seriously, you can almost see the press release now

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:I hope they both stay, but tbh I'd be amazed if they do. :| :(
They wil stay if THEY think they will win something. TBH I think Ozil will beauase he will only find a German Team to take him on.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

Sean wrote:I voted neither.

I have no faith that they want to stay in this no-mark side. I have no faith the club will pay them their asking.

I'd rather Sanchez stay over Ozil, for what it's worth. I pray that this bullshit doesn't contrive to keep TOF here, but then again we are the football equivalent of purgatory.
augie wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:

Although I think they'll sign, this doesn't sound too far-fetched tbh - Wenger once again showing his unconditional love and affection for the club and it's supporters by carrying out yet another godlike act of selflessness, caring and humility... raking in a new and improved 12mil a year contract (+ discretionary bonuses) :D :lol:

Hell that's certainly one chilling bloody scenario....!

Wenger contract should be at least half of what is is on now.

And the fucking saps will lap it up :banghead: "Who could replace him!?" "He's earned the right to decide!" "He's given Arsenal his life!" rinse and repeat until he's carried out in a fucking box :banghead:
I keep reading comments like that on here, but yet nobody is willing to step up and make it happen - I am still willing to kick in with a financial contribution to whoever gets the job done 8)
If you're willing to provide a helicopter and a sniper... I'll do it 8)
OneBardGooner wrote:

Rassclaat! :cussing:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

As I couldn't find the "can't give a fuck" option, I decided to go with Alexis. I think he wants to stay more than Ozil

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Alexis? Sign a new contract? After the way he's left the field in the last 2 games?
Do me a favour

augie

Post by augie »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Alexis? Sign a new contract? After the way he's left the field in the last 2 games?
Do me a favour

Wont disagree with that - we all know that sanchez is very pissed off and we can all understand why, but for me he should still show some appreciation to the fans at the final whistle. I'm not saying that a big issue needs to be made of this, but if anyone is feeling the level of frustration that he is, it is the fans and he should empathise with them if anything. He will get away with walking straight down the tunnel for only so long, and if he continues to disrespect the fans he may very well see a backlash

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:Alexis? Sign a new contract? After the way he's left the field in the last 2 games?
Do me a favour
This ^^

Sanchez is soooooo gone in the summer. Of the two I would say he is the more openly ambitious. Ozil is a fantastic footballer but I'm not too sure he wouldn't just be happy enough to plod along winning nothing if the money is right and the manager is nice to him. Sure a trophy or two would be great but he won't lose his shit if he doesn't win them. I could be wrong on that but it is the impression his body language gives...

Sanchez looks openly and seriously fucked off with the likes of Ramsey, the Ox, Xhaka, Feo, Coq and Iwobi and everything else in between.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Do me a favour
This ^^

Sanchez is soooooo gone in the summer. Of the two I would say he is the more openly ambitious. Ozil is a fantastic footballer but I'm not too sure he wouldn't just be happy enough to plod along winning nothing if the money is right and the manager is nice to him. Sure a trophy or two would be great but he won't lose his shit if he doesn't win them. I could be wrong on that but it is the impression his body language gives...

Sanchez looks openly and seriously fucked off with the likes of Ramsey, the Ox, Xhaka, Feo, Coq and Iwobi and everything else in between.
They talk a good game about following Sanchez's example but that's all it is because in the end they have nothing with which to back it up. They are allowed to coast and they take full advantage of this. It's no coincidence that we can change the team, buy/sell players and yet nothing changes. :rubchin:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Not a hope in hell of Sanchez signing a new contract and im sure lots of Gooners will say he's a money grabber etc etc etc

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I think Arsenal as a club suits certain players e.g. Ramsey, in which you can constantly underperform with zero repercussions. For any player with ambition, they will fuck off quickly, and achieve success elsewhere. For Sanchez, he realises that not only is he the best player at the club,(and the only one who properly gives a fuck) but he isn't going to embarrass himself any longer, by trying to finish in a CL place, and treat that as success. I still maintain that Sanchez must have been lied to, in order to get him to sign for the club. Why would he sign for us, unless there was reassurances over signings. If he was given zero promises, then he cant be too surprised to find himself in a battle for 4th, as the club has spent the last decade showing zero to suggest otherwise.