Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

northbank123

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by northbank123 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
augie wrote:Ozil did an interview with shreeves from ssn, and the c.unt answered every question in german :roll: All these foreigners are more than happy to come to England to accept the big wages on offer, but yet they cant make the effort to learn the language enough after 3 fcuking years to be interviewed by an English broadcaster ?? :evil: :evil: :evil:

btw he also said that he is not tied to wenker going forward
It's poor form really (exactly as it would be from a Brit going abroad obviously) when after over 3 and a half years in the country he can't speak the language (properly anyway). Bearing in mind how much free time footballers have and access to free intensive language personal tuition.

Just fucking lazy. Obviously not bothered about speaking to anybody else in the dressing room.

Either of you lads see Sanchez' interview this morning? Strange version of English he's speaking.... :roll:

:lol: Couldn't resist! :barscarf: :wink:

He's far from the only one - I've never actually heard a word of English come out of Tevez, Aguero or Suarez's mouth. So can't say it impacts on performance necessarily! But that isn't the point I was trying to make.

It just amazes me that a young lad can move to a foreign country with a huge amount of free time and unlimited access to the top language tutors, and not learn a word of the language (which is a pretty useful one to know....). It's the sort of attitude that Brits have toward foreign lanaguages but I'm surprised by a German having the same approach.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I think both can speak English, sure there are interview for the club. They clearly speak English on the pitch. But what the hell has it got to do with signing new contracts?

Ozil more likely to stay. Sanchez will join his mate at Bayern Munich. Really, not fussed better players have left.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
northbank123 wrote:
augie wrote:Ozil did an interview with shreeves from ssn, and the c.unt answered every question in german :roll: All these foreigners are more than happy to come to England to accept the big wages on offer, but yet they cant make the effort to learn the language enough after 3 fcuking years to be interviewed by an English broadcaster ?? :evil: :evil: :evil:

btw he also said that he is not tied to wenker going forward
It's poor form really (exactly as it would be from a Brit going abroad obviously) when after over 3 and a half years in the country he can't speak the language (properly anyway). Bearing in mind how much free time footballers have and access to free intensive language personal tuition.

Just fucking lazy. Obviously not bothered about speaking to anybody else in the dressing room.

Either of you lads see Sanchez' interview this morning? Strange version of English he's speaking.... :roll:

:lol: Couldn't resist! :barscarf: :wink:

He's far from the only one - I've never actually heard a word of English come out of Tevez, Aguero or Suarez's mouth. So can't say it impacts on performance necessarily! But that isn't the point I was trying to make.

It just amazes me that a young lad can move to a foreign country with a huge amount of free time and unlimited access to the top language tutors, and not learn a word of the language (which is a pretty useful one to know....). It's the sort of attitude that Brits have toward foreign lanaguages but I'm surprised by a German having the same approach.
:lol: :lol:

Not surprised by a Chilean though, huh? :wink:

The point both you and augie missed is that both can speak English to a certain degree, both use it in training, in the dressing room, on the pitch and in short post-match interviews. For prolonged interviews like the vast majority of players in a foreign (to them) league, they revert to their own language with a translator because it speeds things up if they have to do 5 or 6 or more prolonged interviews on the trot which is often the case.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Sanchez's problem is that ramsey's teaching him, and that's not a go at the welsh (it is really :D ). It's a slow, ponderous process.

Ozil's problem is that his English, rather than being terrible, is so good and he's taken it to such a high level that no-one else is capable of understanding him.

:barscarf: :wink:
Last edited by arseofacrow on Mon May 08, 2017 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Double trouble. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arseofacrow wrote:Sanchez's problem is that ramsey's teaching him, and that's not a go at the welsh (it is really :D ). It's a slow, ponderous process.

Ozil's problem is that his English, rather than being terrible, is so good and he's taken it to such a high level that no-one else is capable of understanding him.

:barscarf: :wink:
Que???? :?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:Double trouble. :barscarf:
And the rebel mc ?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ozil makes 2 or 3 great passes in meaningless game where opponents are on their holidays. Sign him up or regret not spending 15m a year on wages forever

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Did anyone else notice that sanchez's goal celebration against stoke seem to indicate that he is staying with us ?

augie

Post by augie »

When asked about the futures of sanchez and ozil and prospects of them wanting to stay, wenker said that "one day I will talk about that" ...........wtf is he hinting at there ? :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:When asked about the futures of sanchez and ozil and prospects of them wanting to stay, wenker said that "one day I will talk about that" ...........wtf is he hinting at there ? :?
He really is an old attention-whore isn't he? :oops: :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:When asked about the futures of sanchez and ozil and prospects of them wanting to stay, wenker said that "one day I will talk about that" ...........wtf is he hinting at there ? :?

I'm wondering if there is some conduct that the players or their agents that has happened and that he is pissed off about - it could also be that he is unhappy at the club's positioning during these contract negotiations.
Of course I could be over-thinking this, but why would he say that there is something that he will only talk about in the future ? :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I'm wondering if there is some conduct that the players or their agents that has happened and that he is pissed off about - it could also be that he is unhappy at the club's positioning during these contract negotiations.
Of course I could be over-thinking this, but why would he say that there is something that he will only talk about in the future ? :rubchin:
hmmm... he's said a couple things like this before I think. Who knows what goes on behind the scenes?

Have you read GG's autobiography "the glory and the grief"? Great read and some of the behind the scenes stuff is fascinating. His opinions on Limpar in particular shocked me.

Anders it seems was very much the Ozil of his day...

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]