Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

DB10GOONER

Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by DB10GOONER »

At augie's request. Who will sign a new contract?

It's running for 14 days.

greengooner

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by greengooner »

if you were him, would you?..........honestly

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:At augie's request. Who will sign a new contract?

It's running for 14 days.
Biggest factor is if Wenger goes or stays!...

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

No....... Why would they? I cant think of a single reason

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I hope they both stay, but tbh I'd be amazed if they do. :| :(

Clash

Post by Clash »

Voted Ozil to stay but not Sanchez

But how about this for a chilling scenario:

Both players do not sign ... but instead of leaving with them, Wenger signs a new deal because he could not make the club suffer the loss of their two best players at the same time as his own departure. It will be sold to us that Wenger staying on at this time will be him once again displaying his love for the club with yet another act of self-sacrifice.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Both will sign I reckon, but not at the reported 250k they're after. I think they'll 'settle' for something around the 180-200 mark (c_nts :D ). Ozil didn't have the stones to fight for his place at Real and was offloaded. Sanchez quite simply wasn't good enough for the Barca starting XI. Still world-class players for me, but we're about their level I think.

Not that it makes one iota of difference - even if Chiellini, Busquets and Suarez rocked up at our door (with 'For Sale' signs around their necks of course) we'd still win fuck all of note whilst Wenger's here :banghead:
Last edited by postmanPat91 on Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i think Ozil will sign but Sanchez - hahaha you have to be joking.

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Clash wrote:Voted Ozil to stay but not Sanchez

Both players do not sign ... but instead of leaving with them, Wenger signs a new deal because he could not make the club suffer the loss of their two best players at the same time as his own departure. It will be sold to us that Wenger staying on at this time will be him once again displaying his love for the club with yet another act of self-sacrifice.
Although I think they'll sign, this doesn't sound too far-fetched tbh - Wenger once again showing his unconditional love and affection for the club and it's supporters by carrying out yet another godlike act of selflessness, caring and humility... raking in a new and improved 12mil a year contract (+ discretionary bonuses) :D :lol:

And the fucking saps will lap it up :banghead: "Who could replace him!?" "He's earned the right to decide!" "He's given Arsenal his life!" rinse and repeat until he's carried out in a fucking box :banghead:

augie

Post by augie »

For what it's worth I too voted that only ozil will stay - I have always been a fan of his undoubted talent, but I think that he will take the easy option and stay with us. I also don't think that he would have an awful lot of interested clubs should he look to leave, but sanchez on the other hand will have several options in my opinion :(

augie

Post by augie »

postmanPat91 wrote:

Although I think they'll sign, this doesn't sound too far-fetched tbh - Wenger once again showing his unconditional love and affection for the club and it's supporters by carrying out yet another godlike act of selflessness, caring and humility... raking in a new and improved 12mil a year contract (+ discretionary bonuses) :D :lol:

And the fucking saps will lap it up :banghead: "Who could replace him!?" "He's earned the right to decide!" "He's given Arsenal his life!" rinse and repeat until he's carried out in a fucking box :banghead:

I keep reading comments like that on here, but yet nobody is willing to step up and make it happen - I am still willing to kick in with a financial contribution to whoever gets the job done 8)

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

augie wrote:
postmanPat91 wrote:

I keep reading comments like that on here, but yet nobody is willing to step up and make it happen - I am still willing to kick in with a financial contribution to whoever gets the job done 8)
:coffeespit:

Mods? :lol: :wink:

REB

Post by REB »

ozil will sign because no other team is stupid enough to give the lazy fucker the amount of money he will get at arsenal, hate to see sanchez leave but the bloke wants to win and he wont at this club under wenger sadly.

Yac

Post by Yac »

REB wrote:ozil will sign because no other team is stupid enough to give the lazy fucker the amount of money he will get at arsenal, hate to see sanchez leave but the bloke wants to win and he wont at this club under wenger sadly.
Agreed Reb. But don't worry we've still got arsene senile old *word censored* wenger in charge.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Sanchez might, but Ozil won't. It just isn't in him (Ozil) to run and chase the ball down in every game...He is an amazingly talented & skilled player - But the term 'Luxury player' has been rightly used. Regardless of who you play for or who you are - NO Player can be carried in the Prem in any team.

Under a different manager they would play differently because they would be used differently (as in more wisely) - Yes, Alexis would still chase everything and give 101% as he always does. Ozil? Would be played for part of a game as the kind of player to unlock a difficult defence - then he would be replaced or re-positioned once he had done what he was played for.