Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

DB10GOONER

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:I can remember a time not so long ago when I used to genuinely give a fuck about whether we retained our major players or not. We had the 'will he, won't he' saga with Henry and Vieira for many years and I used to feel genuinely sick at the prospect of losing them in their prime.

With these 2 I'm past caring. Ozil doesn't give a flying fuck from one week to the next so why should I, and as for Alexis? Yep, he's our best player by a mile, but all this 'diva' shit every week is starting to get on my tits. He's in danger of doing a Gallas in my opinion - sulking like a fucking brat so much that it might actually be a relief when he does go. It will weaken us as a team without a doubt, but even with him my interest levels are virtually nil these days, so if him leaving means that some of the lone voices in the wind like the Stoke Three become more widespread and venomous.....then that can only be a good thing.
Yeah good points SteveO. Also, the fact that Wenger has no clue how to use either of them properly means that both are wasted in our current team. A top manager would look at those two, look at their strengths (and weaknesses) and build the team and the system around them. Christ even a half-assed manager would do that. I now expect both to be gone this summer and whilst Wenger is there I don't really care that much if they do go tbh.

I'm also getting towards the point where Sanchez is starting to piss me off with his sulking petulant shit. :|

I remember when Wrighty was coming to the end of his career with us and I was sick with worry about how we'd replace that level of quality. Ditto Vieira. Bergkamp, Henry. :worried:

Now? Meh. :yawn:

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:I can remember a time not so long ago when I used to genuinely give a fuck about whether we retained our major players or not. We had the 'will he, won't he' saga with Henry and Vieira for many years and I used to feel genuinely sick at the prospect of losing them in their prime.

With these 2 I'm past caring. Ozil doesn't give a flying fuck from one week to the next so why should I, and as for Alexis? Yep, he's our best player by a mile, but all this 'diva' shit every week is starting to get on my tits. He's in danger of doing a Gallas in my opinion - sulking like a fucking brat so much that it might actually be a relief when he does go. It will weaken us as a team without a doubt, but even with him my interest levels are virtually nil these days, so if him leaving means that some of the lone voices in the wind like the Stoke Three become more widespread and venomous.....then that can only be a good thing.

I thought for a while that I might have had an "in" within the club that could maybe get me a signed jersey for each of my kids, but I started to think about it and thought "who the fcuk would you bother getting to sign your jersey" ? :roll: A few months ago you might think that MAYBE sanchez and ozil would be worth getting, but right now I don't think there is one of the fcukers that I would be proud to have hanging on the kids wall :oops: It's times like this that I really regret not asking to get PV4 or TA6 or Bergkamp to sign one whilst they were playing for us, but back then I was living the dream and the thought that we wouldn't have any players of that quality in years to come, never entered my mind :oops: :oops:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Ozil is releasing a book in Germany and he details a confrontation with Mourinho while at Madrid where the the Special Crunt told him that, "You think 50% is enough , [Mourinho adds}: ‘Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower. Shampoo your hair? To be alone?

“‘Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do?’”

Ozil chose the shower!

I'm not surprised that Jose clocked his attitude, but I'm surprised that Ozil was happy to recount the story in his book.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Looks likely Sanchez will leave in the summer....the only one who actually puts in the effort every game......thats depressing

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

NickF

Post by NickF »

GranadaJoe wrote:Ozil is releasing a book in Germany and he details a confrontation with Mourinho while at Madrid where the the Special Crunt told him that, "You think 50% is enough , [Mourinho adds}: ‘Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower. Shampoo your hair? To be alone?

“‘Or do you want to prove to your fellow players, the fans out there, and me, what you can do?’”

Ozil chose the shower!

I'm not surprised that Jose clocked his attitude, but I'm surprised that Ozil was happy to recount the story in his book.
Ozil is one of those people that always needs a kick up the arse to perform. Can you really see Wenger speaking to anyone like that?
This is why we probably never see the best of him at Arsenal while Wenger is in charge.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Juventus bid £25m for Alexis Sanchez .... :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:Ozil is releasing a book in Germany and he details a confrontation with Mourinho while at Madrid where the the Special Crunt told him that, "You think 50% is enough , [Mourinho adds}: ‘Oh, are you giving up now? You’re such a coward. What do you want? To creep under the beautiful, warm shower. Shampoo your hair? To be alone?

Ozil chose the shower!

Ozil is one of those people that always needs a kick up the arse to perform. Can you really see Wenger speaking to anyone like that?
This is why we probably never see the best of him at Arsenal while Wenger is in charge.

exactly....along with his other multiple flaws....no motivational or man management skills whatsoever

TBF would you look up to this man, he is a dithering weak old man

postmanPat91

Post by postmanPat91 »

Redarmy wrote:Juventus bid £25m for Alexis Sanchez .... :roll:
Fucking hell, (IF this is true) they're making Wenger's usual lowballing look respectable :lol: .... surely with today's prices Sanchez is a good £50mil+ at the least!

Although £25mil will get Kroenke a nice extension on his ranch :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

He will only have 12 months left on his contract (he'd actually be able to do a deal with Juve in January so in reality 6 months left) so we've a very weak hand in any transfer negotiations.

NickF

Post by NickF »

I see in the papers this week that Alexis may leave because Arsenal don't want to pay what he wants yet also reported Wenger would get a 25% increase with a new contract.

Priorities completely wrong.

We should be moving heaven and earth to keep Alexis and building a team around him. However if Alexis states he is leaving for a better chance of winning titles, you couldn't really blame him.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:I see in the papers this week that Alexis may leave because Arsenal don't want to pay what he wants yet also reported Wenger would get a 25% increase with a new contract.

Priorities completely wrong.

We should be moving heaven and earth to keep Alexis and building a team around him. However if Alexis states he is leaving for a better chance of winning titles, you couldn't really blame him.
You know what I would hate to see him go but if he does then I really hope he comes out and says this to show the club up.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Alexis agent already making moves on properties in Italy for Alexis - Juventus the destination....his english abode is going up for sale at the end of April...apparently there was a 'set to' between his agent and wenger and that was the reason behind wenger's decision not to play him.....

it beggar's belief. :cry:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Th Arsenal Wenger PR machine is a fine thing to behold .
Arsene was never going to pay Sanchez or Ozil 250 k a week .
Not because they don't deserve it,or at least Sanchez
Not because we can't afford it ...............but ?
Because it would mean he gets paid more than our leader and that isn't going to happen !
Sanchez has been hard on his teammates and they don't like it poor fragile beings that they are .
So Wenger drops him loses a game gets criticised and has a ready made excuse leaked to the papers !
Wenger thinks this will buy him a pass on Saturdays debacle ,and it gives us the excuse to sell him without an outcry .
You've got to hand it to him .he's a smooth operator !

ALSO if your going to drop him for disciplinary reasons you don't name him in the squad and he doesn't travel,u don't put him on the bench and bring him on !

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRTCTsMD-d_/

The true warrior fights not because he hates the ones in front of him, but because he loves those behind him. Let ' go Gunners.
" The only failure is not trying."

Don't think it takes a genius to figure out that message, yet the AKBs will say he's a money grabber and not a team player