Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

supergeorgegraham

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Sanchez is making a big mistake in signing for City. They have an amazing squad and he will find himself on the subs bench much more than he will be able to handle. He will win trophies there and earn a kings salary but they have young quality players in most positions now so I see him at City for 2 years max.

richie powling

Post by richie powling »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm
so I see him at City for 2 years max.
would imagine thats all he wants, all his career he has moved after 3 years with a club,

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:25 pm
Sanchez is making a big mistake in signing for City. They have an amazing squad and he will find himself on the subs bench much more than he will be able to handle. He will win trophies there and earn a kings salary but they have young quality players in most positions now so I see him at City for 2 years max.
Possibly exactly what he wants? Get his two years in, win a PL or two, maybe the CL, then another nice big money move to whoever next... modern footballer 101. :| Don't mean to sound pissy about Sanchez because unlike the VanJudasCunt, Sanchez gave his all in his time with us and can leave with his head held high. I won't wish him any success with another PL team but I wish him no ill either.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Alexis Sanchez will stay and sign a new 5 year deal as will Ozil.

phpBB [video]

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Hot off the press..... no one is leaving, everyone is happy, Arse N Nose....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42150391

Biggest (only?) shock there is realising that Wilshere made his debut with us in 2008!! :shock: He can claim a testimonial next year and he has delivered what in the last 9 years? :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:26 pm

Biggest (only?) shock there is realising that Wilshere made his debut with us in 2008!! :shock: He can claim a testimonial next year and he has delivered what in the last 9 years? :|
I hear his missus had a Home Birth! :D

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

It’s been portrayed as good news that they are not baling out in January when in reality they would be crazy to. Sit out the season and then pocket everything or go in Jan and give AFC a transfer fee, don’t have to be a genius to work that out

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

greengooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 6:20 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:19 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

It’s been portrayed as good news that they are not baling out in January when in reality they would be crazy to. Sit out the season and then pocket everything or go in Jan and give AFC a transfer fee, don’t have to be a genius to work that out

So £100m of talent walks away for £0......ideal situation in Wenker world, wonder how he will attempt to spin it to Kroenke ?
He has already tried to claim that it will become the norm, star players seeing out their contracts, not sure it will be enough to save him a tongue bashing (with or without a Robbie Williams mask !)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Charlie Nicholas on Ozil."a superstar footballer who doesn't do it often enough."
A perfect summary of his own career at the club in the '80's, so if anyone knows Ozil's game, it's Charlie.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 11:32 am
Charlie Nicholas on Ozil."a superstar footballer who doesn't do it often enough."
A perfect summary of his own career at the club in the '80's, so if anyone knows Ozil's game, it's Charlie.
Pretty accurate description if you ask me. If Ozil could do every game what he does in every 3rd or 5th game he'd be in the top 5 players in the world, but of course the problem is he doesn't have that consistency, certainly not like he had at Madrid. How much his current inconsistency is down to his own mentality, our players not converting the chances he creates frustrating him, or Wenger's shitness at setting the team up is up for debate, but even having said that Ozil still has the highest assist record of any player in the PL since he joined.

https://talksport.com/football/most-pre ... 262629?p=2

I can't help but think that a better manager would have got a lot more from him in his time with us.... :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Have they gone yet?

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

If he’s still here in feb he should be told to sign up or rot in the reserves for the six months before the World Cup

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm
If he’s still here in feb he should be told to sign up or rot in the reserves for the six months before the World Cup
hes the only player we have that can run a game (when he feels like it)

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

I suppose having Ronaldo , Benzema , Higuain in front of you Trumps Walcott and Giroud . Certainly would help with the assist to goal ratio.

NickF

Post by NickF »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:15 pm
:roll: :roll: