Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.

Who will sign a new contract?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Ozil will sign
29%
Sanchez will sign
6%
Both will sign
10%
Neither will sign
55%

Total votes: 31

augie

Re: Will Sanchez/Ozil sign - Poll

Post by augie »

Clearly the next 24 hours and going to be huge for the future of our club and the players, so I am wondering now how many of you feel that the decision will have a direct affect on our players -

Will sanchez come out directly and ask for a move ?
Ditto ozil
Ditto ox

We have all speculated that keeping wenker would ensure sanchez's departure (and maybe the other two as well), but will any of the players front up and say that they now want out because of the decision ? Times have changed I know, but wrighty forced rioch's sacking (a decision I wasn't happy with at the time) and I would have thought that sanchez is in particular more important to this team. You would like to think that the players agents would have suggested to the club that their clients would be off if there isn't serious changes, but we all know that is unlikely :roll:

On this thread I voted that sanchez would be the only one to leave (no other big club would want ozil imo), but I am no longer as sure if I'm honest - unless he is dead nuts on getting out, I wonder if the euphoria of Saturday's victory (the manner of it) will sway him into staying :rubchin: I will still say that I will lose respect for sanchez if he agrees to stay under wenkers regime,
I also have to say that I am seriously worried that the ox will leave in the summer - his situation has been largely ignored cos of his higher profile team-mates, but of the 3 of them I would say that he has the biggest personal issues with wenker. Sanchez is/was deeply frustrated with the lack of a winners mentality amongst the players and the club in general, but ox's issue is more to do with playing time and the lack of appreciation ox is feeling from wenker - the ox knows that other big English clubs want him, and I think that he will be sold by wenker if he remains

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:Clearly the next 24 hours and going to be huge for the future of our club and the players, so I am wondering now how many of you feel that the decision will have a direct affect on our players -

Ditto ozil
Ditto ox

We have all speculated that keeping wenker would ensure sanchez's departure (and maybe the other two as well), but will any of the players front up and say that they now want out because of the decision ? Times have changed I know, but wrighty forced rioch's sacking (a decision I wasn't happy with at the time) and I would have thought that sanchez is in particular more important to this team. You would like to think that the players agents would have suggested to the club that their clients would be off if there isn't serious changes, but we all know that is unlikely :roll:

On this thread I voted that sanchez would be the only one to leave (no other big club would want ozil imo), but I am no longer as sure if I'm honest - unless he is dead nuts on getting out, I wonder if the euphoria of Saturday's victory (the manner of it) will sway him into staying :rubchin: I will still say that I will lose respect for sanchez if he agrees to stay under wenkers regime,
I also have to say that I am seriously worried that the ox will leave in the summer - his situation has been largely ignored cos of his higher profile team-mates, but of the 3 of them I would say that he has the biggest personal issues with wenker. Sanchez is/was deeply frustrated with the lack of a winners mentality amongst the players and the club in general, but ox's issue is more to do with playing time and the lack of appreciation ox is feeling from wenker - the ox knows that other big English clubs want him, and I think that he will be sold by wenker if he remains
I was delighted we fucked Rioch off and kept Wright. Rioch was WAY out of his depth. 8)

As for your question... When Wenger signs his new deal, I think the Ox might ask to go as he thinks he is better than he is and probably thinks he'll be first choice at another big club. He certainly has potential, but he has failed to deliver on so many occasions it is not even funny anymore. He needs a better manager to get more from him.

I think Ozil will stay if Wenger stays because let's be honest he likes life under Wenger.

I think Sanchez will stay too. The more I look at Sanchez's body language the more I think he is not actually frustrated with Wenger (though he should be) but rather he is frustrated with one or two of our attacking players. A couple of nice words from Wenger, a few half promises to bring in some quality, a nice pay rise, and I reckon Sanchez will stay.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:Clearly the next 24 hours and going to be huge for the future of our club and the players, so I am wondering now how many of you feel that the decision will have a direct affect on our players -

Ditto ozil
Ditto ox

I was delighted we fucked Rioch off and kept Wright. Rioch was WAY out of his depth. 8)

As for your question... When Wenger signs his new deal, I think the Ox might ask to go as he thinks he is better than he is and probably thinks he'll be first choice at another big club. He certainly has potential, but he has failed to deliver on so many occasions it is not even funny anymore. He needs a better manager to get more from him.

I think Ozil will stay if Wenger stays because let's be honest he likes life under Wenger.

I think Sanchez will stay too. The more I look at Sanchez's body language the more I think he is not actually frustrated with Wenger (though he should be) but rather he is frustrated with one or two of our attacking players. A couple of nice words from Wenger, a few half promises to bring in some quality, a nice pay rise, and I reckon Sanchez will stay.

Because of the 2nd highlighted part, I would be reluctant to agree with the first highlighted part - I have no doubt that there is an excellent player in the ox, but he needs a manager that believes in him and will educate him tactically, and make him more disciplined with and without the ball. The guy is getting fcuked about in different positions, and ironically the manager rarely plays him in the position that the manager claims that he is best in :roll: His energy and work-rate are ideal for the victims, and I truly worry that we will have made a serious mistake if we let him go there

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

If any of these players want to leave because Wenger goes (if he does) then they can go, id happily lose EVERY player that wants to play for Wenger rather than Arsenal.

last summer united were 'only' in the UEFA cup and they attracted Pogba, Ibrahimovic and Mikitarian (sp) if you pay the money you'll get the players. Pay Sanchez Ozil the money they want and they'll stay and 3 more world class players too

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Agree with Augie here. The Ox could and should have been a fixture in the team for years and yet despite that very early promise (the 3-0 home win against Milan and the game agdinst utd where the clown took him off and rvp went mad at Wenger) when he looked like the real deal, he has been royally fucked about by Wenger. In and out of the side....often dropped after a couple of very good performances.....and fucked about in various positions. He's always been denied the chance to have a proper run of games and establish himself.

It must have been particularly galling when the likes of Walcott and Ramsey were consistently prioritised over and above him, when all sensible analysis made clear that he was/is a far superior footballer. I acknowledge that we've seen inconsistencies and some iffy decision making at times, but that's a result of playing sporadically (imo) and it was evident a year or two ago, that he was actually trying too hard when given a chance and playing with a pressure of having to really impress to keep his place.

Liked the boy from day one and have been saying for 3-4 years that he should leave while still young enough to save his career. If I were him, I'd be off to Liverpool like a shot. Will make Wenger look like the prat he is too, when he starts to shine.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

flash gunner wrote:If any of these players want to leave because Wenger goes (if he does) then they can go, id happily lose EVERY player that wants to play for Wenger rather than Arsenal.

last summer united were 'only' in the UEFA cup and they attracted Pogba, Ibrahimovic and Mikitarian (sp) if you pay the money you'll get the players. Pay Sanchez Ozil the money they want and they'll stay and 3 more world class players too
Absolutely. Anybody who craves that level of mediocre aspirations and needs the support of a manager who will protect them and not push them is not welcome.

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:If any of these players want to leave because Wenger goes (if he does) then they can go, id happily lose EVERY player that wants to play for Wenger rather than Arsenal.

You have this the wrong way around flash - what I was asking was if these players go because wenger stays

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

augie wrote:

You have this the wrong way around flash - what I was asking was if these players go because wenger stays
Wasn't specifically answering you augie, just making an observation

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
augie wrote:

Wasn't specifically answering you augie, just making an observation
I see.

:lol: :wink:

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

Given the pace,effort and attitude Ozil normally plays at, will it be possible for him to actually jog down his contract? He would have to find a lower gear which I don't think exists. Would love to see the back of him,if any takers. Offer his salary as a top up to Sanchez also.

Sally Cinnamon

Post by Sally Cinnamon »

We will probably keep Sánchez for now but I'm resigned to losing him on a free next summer. He's never signed more than one contract at any club. Only tiny slither of hope is if we sign real top quality players and win the PL this season, which won't happen. Even if it did he still might not sign a new deal.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

oaodan wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 pm
Given the pace,effort and attitude Ozil normally plays at, will it be possible for him to actually jog down his contract?
:lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Alexis will be sold on the last day of the Transfer Window.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:46 am
oaodan wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:08 pm
Given the pace,effort and attitude Ozil normally plays at, will it be possible for him to actually jog down his contract?
:lol: :lol:
Robbie...? :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

brian67

Post by brian67 »

Have you seen Sanchez`s pad http://www.staffordconservatories.co.uk ... Houses.asp is very nice, do you think he is doing house hunting now? If we cant get him to sign may have to let him go