ozil this season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: ozil this season

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

did my eyes deceive me or did i really see db10 compare god to ozil :shock: :coffeespit:

the man who destroyed argentina and scored THAT goal v the scourge of bournemouth who has gone missing since october?

sensational :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Gutless arsehole who doesn't want to play for us. I've been more upset flushing a good turd away than saying goodbye to this lazy arsed cock
:tumbleweed:

Robbie Savage has hacked SteveO's account????!! :shock:

:D :wink:

Bet those words are like a dagger in the heart to a fanboy like you DB10

:lol:
:lol: :lol:

I imagine SteveO in Highbury during Bergkamp's 6 game "disastrous goal DROUGHT!!" (© The Sun) telling all around "He's shit. He's lazy. He's shit. If only we had a bloke that could show a brief flash of skill then spend 10 years injured..." :lol: :wink:

Speaking of the Lord God Bergkamp, this neatly sums up the media stupidity around his early days with us;

http://www.newstalk.com/bergkamps-early-struggles

Pundits were stupid fuckers back then too... :oops: :roll: :lol:
To see DB10 (the real one of course :D ) mentioned in the same breath as Sick Boy is enough to bring a man to tears! I'm trying to recall how many mysterious illnesses he had during his illustrious career with us. Unlike Stuart Pearce I was never one to hammer him in his early days or crave Stan Collymore as an alternative......in fact coming out of those disasterous last few years of GG that everyone seems to want to airbrush from history, it was the biggest breath of fresh air to happen to the club for years.

Compare that with Sick Boy who we're still waiting for to turn up in a big game 4 years later! Has he recovered from his runny nose and taken his Calpol yet? Never wanted to join us in the first place

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Gutless arsehole who doesn't want to play for us. I've been more upset flushing a good turd away than saying goodbye to this lazy arsed cock
:tumbleweed:

Robbie Savage has hacked SteveO's account????!! :shock:

:D :wink:

Bet those words are like a dagger in the heart to a fanboy like you DB10

I imagine SteveO in Highbury during Bergkamp's 6 game "disastrous goal DROUGHT!!" (© The Sun) telling all around "He's shit. He's lazy. He's shit. If only we had a bloke that could show a brief flash of skill then spend 10 years injured..." :lol: :wink:

Speaking of the Lord God Bergkamp, this neatly sums up the media stupidity around his early days with us;

http://www.newstalk.com/bergkamps-early-struggles

Pundits were stupid fuckers back then too... :oops: :roll: :lol:
To see DB10 (the real one of course :D ) mentioned in the same breath as Sick Boy is enough to bring a man to tears! I'm trying to recall how many mysterious illnesses he had during his illustrious career with us. Unlike Stuart Pearce I was never one to hammer him in his early days or crave Stan Collymore as an alternative......in fact coming out of those disasterous last few years of GG that everyone seems to want to airbrush from history, it was the biggest breath of fresh air to happen to the club for years.

Compare that with Sick Boy who we're still waiting for to turn up in a big game 4 years later! Has he recovered from his runny nose and taken his Calpol yet? Never wanted to join us in the first place
Agree with this

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Watched the Germany game yesterday and he came on with about 25 minutes left, barely had a touch and was completely anonymous........against mighty Azerbaijan :oops:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:rubchin: Ah! So, He DOES reserve his best moments for Germany.

VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

This season, last season or any other season, Ozil's been a complete waste of space. Like Arshavin, but without the work rate!

Has there been a single occasion where he's delivered a truly great performance against top opposition?

Can't see what the fuss is about. Not in the top 200 players in AFC history IMO.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

rodders999 wrote:Watched the Germany game yesterday and he came on with about 25 minutes left, barely had a touch and was completely anonymous........against mighty Azerbaijan :oops:
glad his performances are consistent at least!

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

VoiceOfReason wrote:This season, last season or any other season, Ozil's been a complete waste of space. Like Arshavin, but without the work rate!

Has there been a single occasion where he's delivered a truly great performance against top opposition?

Can't see what the fuss is about. Not in the top 200 players in AFC history IMO.
About the only one I can think of is Manure home was it last season :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:did my eyes deceive me or did i really see db10 compare god to ozil :shock: :coffeespit:

the man who destroyed argentina and scored THAT goal v the scourge of bournemouth who has gone missing since october?

sensational :barscarf:

Um, do you not have some women to fight? :rubchin:

Sensational. :barscarf: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

VoiceOfReason wrote:This season, last season or any other season, Ozil's been a complete waste of space. Like Arshavin, but without the work rate!

There are some ridiculous things posted on this forum, but that utter horseshit takes the prize for this year! :winner: :coffeespit: :oops:

Can you name any game against top opposition when ANY of our current crop of players have "delivered a truly great performance"? :roll:

Two years running, top assist provider in all European leagues. Created the most chances last season in the PL and was set to beat Henry's decade old assist record until Giroud dried up like your brain obviously has :D :wink: and Wenger insisted on sticking with Giroud no matter what. Ozil was still supplying chances and missed Henry's record by one assist. How is that "not delivering"?

This myth of "he doesn't deliver in the big games" is just that - a myth. What exactly does he not deliver? What is he supposed to deliver? Oh, right he doesn't take the ball in our half and dribble around 5 players and scream in a 30 yarder. Because that's all we can judge a player by, right? That attitude demonstrates a real lack of understanding of football in general tbh. Ozil is not that type of Hollywood player. He is not Messi. Ozil creates. He does what a creator does; he gets the ball and quickly recycles it to either create space or to provide chances/assists - and he does that in most games. Our problem is we have a Ferrari supplying chances to a load of Fiat Uno's.

Again, for the slower amongst us, you put Ozil in a team with a top striker and a couple of top DMs and he will create the assists.

And refering back to Woman Fighter Henry1913 :lol: :wink: yes that is very similar to Bergkamp. Bergkamp's first season was a dissapointment in many ways and the fickle media (and Alan Sugar :lol: ) were quick to point it out. Bergkamp was of course trying to play with Hillier, Selley, McGolderick and Hartson. All Bergkamp had was an aging Wrighty. Then when Wenger arrived and added Overmars, Petit and Vieira we saw the true Bergkamp. The top players are at their best when playing with other top players that can understand the game at that level. Ozil has Ramsey, Welbeck, Giroud, Iwobi, Elneny, Walcott, the Ox and Coquelin to try and play with. Not one of them would get in the current Madrid, Barca, chav or even citeh team. All he has is Sanchez. You add a top striker and two top DM's and you will see the true Ozil.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:Two years running, top assist provider in all European leagues. Created the most chances last season in the PL and was set to beat Henry's decade old assist record until Giroud dried up.
but but but ....... you hate stats :? :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Two years running, top assist provider in all European leagues. Created the most chances last season in the PL and was set to beat Henry's decade old assist record until Giroud dried up.
but but but ....... you hate stats :? :wink:

And thus I did not provide any. 8)

:wink:

shu

Post by shu »

Ozil sums up what is wrong with Arsenal , no heart , no will to win , no guts , no spine !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice paycheck

We need players with fight and desire , we don't get that when it counts with this player and how come he is always ill ??? I would sell him on or bring in Pulis to put the fear of god up him .

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I do take the point that Ozil would benefit from having better ball-winning midfielders (a Kante, Carrick or Dembele) alongside him. Liam Brady was a phenomenal creative midfielder but during his great early career at Arsenal he had a couple of very good engine rooms alongside him: firstly Alan Ball, then the vastly under-rated Brian Talbot. DB10 was blessed by having Paddy alongside Petit and then Gilberto to allow his creative genius to flourish. Coq and Xhaka are not providing a similar box-to-box presence in this team.

Having said that, I don't exonerate Ozil for going missing in most of the matches against big teams and frankly for representing poor value for money (in transfer fee and wages): though this reflects on the one who bought him, typically, in a rush at the fag end of the 2013 transfer window
Last edited by Bob Bayliss on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

shu wrote:Ozil sums up what is wrong with Arsenal , no heart , no will to win , no guts , no spine !!!!!!!!!!!

Nice paycheck

We need players with fight and desire , we don't get that when it counts with this player and how come he is always ill ??? I would sell him on or bring in Pulis to put the fear of god up him .
Did you actually read what DB10 posted above?

FFS- OZIL IS NOT THE PROBLEM mate :banghead: :banghead:

As for always ill, dont you remember the time he was played when his knee was so crock that the German international team actually diagnosed a ligament problem :oops:. Its probably yet again the medical team that cant get him right. Wilshere 8 seasons 100 games for us. Bolton and Bornemouth just over 1 loan year 33 appearences- says it all. :oops:

He is probably well brassed off with the likes of you thinking he isnt contributing. "sick" is probably a euphemism for mulling over whether he want to continue to contribute to this team who arent capitalising on his skills :banghead:

ITS THE MANAGER THATS THE ISSUE. YOU CANT PLAY A ROLLS ROYCE GAME PLAYER WITH A BACK STREET MECHANIC TUNING THE ENGINE AND TURNING OUT A BUNCH OF MISFIRING MORRIS ITALS :oops: