ozil this season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
REB

ozil this season

Post by REB »

im sure there is an ozil thread other then the he wants 250g a week thread but this is about his football and not his wage demand.
maybe im getting old and just cant remember but has ozil ever been subbed ? and i dont mean with two mins to go in a game that has already been won but in a where he was been so bad that you would forget he was playing game ?

OneBardGooner

Re: ozil this season

Post by OneBardGooner »

Don't think he has actually. Mind you he is something of a mystery in that he has been named in the team to play yet on a number of occasions never actually turned up and played on the pitch or am I imagining it? :rubchin: :?

Clash

Post by Clash »

phpBB [video]

:D

Sean

Post by Sean »

Far cry from the Podolski days, eh? Poor bastard almost never played 90 minutes.

After a good start to the season, Ozil has gone back into obscurity. Very frustrating.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

:moderator: Awwwooogah!! AWOOOOOGGAAAAHHH!! VANITY THREAD ALERT!!! :moderator:

:D :wink:

But to answer your question - I can't remember it happening. Which is typical Wenger. He has his favourites who will get picked and then never dropped no matter how bad they play. Ramsey, Giroud, Sanchez and Ozil all fall into that category. Once fit, he will not drop them and rarely subs them.

Ozil is our best technical footballer, far superior in vision and technique to even Sanchez (although Sanchez is often far more effective) but he is not untouchable and should be dragged off if not playing well or going through one of his infamous "not arsed" phases. But Wenger won't do it.

ds

Post by ds »

DB10GOONER wrote: :moderator: Awwwooogah!! AWOOOOOGGAAAAHHH!! VANITY THREAD ALERT!!! :moderator:

But to answer your question - I can't remember it happening. Which is typical Wenger. He has his favourites who will get picked and then never dropped no matter how bad they play. Ramsey, Giroud, Sanchez and Ozil all fall into that category. Once fit, he will not drop them and rarely subs them.

Ozil is our best technical footballer, far superior in vision and technique to even Sanchez (although Sanchez is often far more effective) but he is not untouchable and should be dragged off if not playing well or going through one of his infamous "not arsed" phases. But Wenger won't do it.
All due to Wenger being a senile, myopic, stubborn, outdated twat

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

ds wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote: :moderator: Awwwooogah!! AWOOOOOGGAAAAHHH!! VANITY THREAD ALERT!!! :moderator:

Ah, you know him quite well, I feel...

ds

Post by ds »

DB10GOONER wrote:
ds wrote:

I know I have never felt so depressed about Arsenal before, I never go in the ground these days. Bunch of overpaid, over-hyped prima donnas. Ozil is too inconsistent, can make magic happen yet without him we struggle. He is the closest we have to a fox in the box but 99% of the time he is a blind wombat in the box. Walcott is still a headless ostrich. These players never reach their full potential and this goes down to the manager who couldn't inspire anyone, Wenger would turn even Messi into a lumbering dinosaur. And don't even get me started on zonal marking.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Clash wrote:
phpBB [video]

:D
Looks like he's lost his dog......

At least Arsene shouted "Oi Mesut,buck your fucking ideas up" from the bench,oh wait........... :oops: :banghead:

Ozil is an enigma for sure,mesmeric one week and anonymous the next.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

ds wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
ds wrote:

I know I have never felt so depressed about Arsenal before, I never go in the ground these days. Bunch of overpaid, over-hyped prima donnas. Ozil is too inconsistent, can make magic happen yet without him we struggle. He is the closest we have to a fox in the box but 99% of the time he is a blind wombat in the box. Walcott is still a headless ostrich. These players never reach their full potential and this goes down to the manager who couldn't inspire anyone, Wenger would turn even Messi into a lumbering dinosaur. And don't even get me started on zonal marking.
Yeah, me too... I've never felt like this about Arsenal. Just fucking depressed by it now.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
And he will be until we surround him and Sanchez with better players.

Last year Ozil was on course for Henry's PL assist record until Giroud went to shit and Wenger kept playing Giroud - but Ozil was still creating numerous chances for Giroud and if Giroud hadn't gone to shit Ozil would have blown Henry's assist record out of the water. He ended up missing it by 1.

When Ozil was at Madrid he was the player in all European leagues with the highest assist record a couple years running. That is no coincidence. That is what he does. He doesn't tackle. He doesn't score that many himself. He creates.

I remember Bergkamp getting similar criticism; people saying he was lazy, didn't tackle or defend enough, didn't work hard enough, drifted out of games, wasn't bothered in some games. But what Bergkamp brought negated the negative aspects of his game. It's the same with Ozil. If Wenger had a clue, he'd build the team around Ozil. Buy in two top DM's, a proper 20+ PL goals striker and let Ozil create. He missed the opportunity to build a team around Fabragas when he was at his peak with us by surrounding him with shit like Hleb, Denilson and Flamini and he probably will miss the opportunity with Ozil.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
And he will be until we surround him and Sanchez with better players.

Last year Ozil was on course for Henry's PL assist record until Giroud went to shit and Wenger kept playing Giroud - but Ozil was still creating numerous chances for Giroud and if Giroud hadn't gone to shit Ozil would have blown Henry's assist record out of the water. He ended up missing it by 1.

When Ozil was at Madrid he was the player in all European leagues with the highest assist record a couple years running. That is no coincidence. That is what he does. He doesn't tackle. He doesn't score that many himself. He creates.

I remember Bergkamp getting similar criticism; people saying he was lazy, didn't tackle or defend enough, didn't work hard enough, drifted out of games, wasn't bothered in some games. But what Bergkamp brought negated the negative aspects of his game. It's the same with Ozil. If Wenger had a clue, he'd build the team around Ozil. Buy in two top DM's, a proper 20+ PL goals striker and let Ozil create. He missed the opportunity to build a team around Fabragas when he was at his peak with us by surrounding him with shit like Hleb, Denilson and Flamini and he probably will miss the opportunity with Ozil.
Imagine Ozil with Henry's pace in front of him,or a Wright, finding the space knowing Ozil will find him there,now replace Henry/Wright with Giroud/Walcot/Sanogo,its like putting sandpaper in your hand to knock one out,it just ruins it.Funny thing is, Wenger let Bergkamp run games years ago but he has virtually the same player in Ozil and he don't use him in the same role,now why's that? Inter played Bergkamp up front alone,even Arsene the deluded one could see Dennis wasn't a lone striker.Our midfield just dont have the work ethic to allow Ozil to stroll around and dictate games,hes a luxury we don't have the luxury of having.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

He must be licking his lips at West Brom, Palace, Bournemouth, Preston, Swansea, Burnley and Watford in January. Player of the Month awaits

The Missing Persons Bureau have then been put on standby for February and the trips to Stamford Bridge, Munich and Southampton

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Ozil hasn't been started since the first Bayern defeat. We have subsequently lost 3 out of the last four games he hasn't played. Is he ill, been dropped or is Wenger proving a point??
Needs be starting against City.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

He's playing against us tomorrow by all accounts , I don't believe for a minute he is 'ill' or injured , his agent had a pop at us a few weeks back saying he'd been made a scapegoat and he hasn't been seen since !!