ozil this season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Retro Gunner

Re: ozil this season

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:On motd it was highlighted ozil giving the ball away twice. The only question I have is why the hell is possibly the world's best no.10 behind his two DM, picking up the ball on the edge of his own are

Stop asking such difficult questions ! You want to end up like Jacqui Oatley ?!!
:lol:

Poor old Jacqui - still banished from the presence of The Great God Wenger. :cry:

Free the Jacqui Oatley two!! :barscarf:

I mean her breasts obviously. :D :wink:

Il Duce wouldn't be able to unzip her top ! 30 years experience did not include zip mastery. :D
:lol: :lol:

That's why he made that Rapper Slapper from Paris wear Velcro. 8)

Ah yes, but when he got to the bra he'd be completely fucked. Can you imagine him fumbling with those little hooks, it'd take him a month of Sundays. Poor girl would die of starvation while his cold, bony fingers were struggling. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Stop asking such difficult questions ! You want to end up like Jacqui Oatley ?!!

Poor old Jacqui - still banished from the presence of The Great God Wenger. :cry:

Il Duce wouldn't be able to unzip her top ! 30 years experience did not include zip mastery. :D

Ah yes, but when he got to the bra he'd be completely fucked. Can you imagine him fumbling with those little hooks, it'd take him a month of Sundays. Poor girl would die of starvation while his cold, bony fingers were struggling. :lol:
He'd end up with the bra wrapped around his own head ffs.... and then kick a water bottle around her bedroom in frustration. :lol:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

He'd end up with the bra wrapped around his own head ffs.... and then kick a water bottle around her bedroom in frustration. :lol:

:coffeespit: I can absolutely imagine that ! Great image.

Babu

Post by Babu »

***Interesting News Coming From Ozil***

Ozil wrote:The moment when the light gets darker. Waited 2 years for @fastandfuriousmovie 8!'

plus the little wanker has got a new hat on, with a special logo, and the very, very interesting and exciting BIG NEWS coming tomorrow!!!

Ooooh, has he signed a contract extension?

:ladida: :ladida:

ozil wrote:'Have some fashion news for you tomorrow.'
Do what, you little fuckwit?

Babu

Post by Babu »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

:coffeespit: I can absolutely imagine that ! Great image.
He didn't even get the bra off, sadly!

Babu

Post by Babu »

And then he broke his hip with his next "move"...

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

It's a real strange one with Mesut Ozil. Clearly a very gifted footballer, we've all seen what he can do. However at this moment in time, with the exception of one or two decent deliveries from set pieces a game, he offers next to nothing. I've never seen a player look so frightened when the opposition get anywhere near him. If he gets the ball anywhere near the touchline you can be sure he will either let the ball away from him and go for a throw or just collapse to his knees the moment any pressure is applied.

We've had players before you can almost carry as it's worth doing because you'll get that moment of quality out of them. A goal, an unbelievable assist...Pires being the obvious example. Pires however didn't look completely scared of everything around him. At this moment in time for me Ozil isn't worth carrying because he has all but stopped coming up with that special moment. Why, I don't know? Is he leaving, is he having a sulk over money or something?

It's amazing to have seen how amazing he can be and now to watch him be totally pathetic in most games. Yesterday summed him up when he kept getting into their area late in the game and just walking into players and collapsing...infuriating!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:It's a real strange one with Mesut Ozil. Clearly a very gifted footballer, we've all seen what he can do. However at this moment in time, with the exception of one or two decent deliveries from set pieces a game, he offers next to nothing. I've never seen a player look so frightened when the opposition get anywhere near him. If he gets the ball anywhere near the touchline you can be sure he will either let the ball away from him and go for a throw or just collapse to his knees the moment any pressure is applied.

We've had players before you can almost carry as it's worth doing because you'll get that moment of quality out of them. A goal, an unbelievable assist...Pires being the obvious example. Pires however didn't look completely scared of everything around him. At this moment in time for me Ozil isn't worth carrying because he has all but stopped coming up with that special moment. Why, I don't know? Is he leaving, is he having a sulk over money or something?

It's amazing to have seen how amazing he can be and now to watch him be totally pathetic in most games. Yesterday summed him up when he kept getting into their area late in the game and just walking into players and collapsing...infuriating!!
I'm gonna throw up a bit in my mouth having to agree with you Swaley old mate :lol: :wink: but I do agree.

I think the problem is he is frustrated playing with utter shit like Elneny, Monreal, Xhaka, Ramsey, Walcott, Coquelin, and average players like Giroud and Welbeck and off form players like the Ox and Bellerin. He looks like he's just said "fuck this" and given up.

As much as I rate him I've always said if Wenger does not bring in better players and work the system to get the best from Ozil (and Sanchez too) then he may as well let them leave.

Ozil was awful yesterday. As was Sanchez, bar his goal. They both look frustrated and pissed off.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Ozil is a luxury player we don't have the luxury of having.

(But I hope he stays,I do actually quite like him,and he is decent,just a bit of an enigma)

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Ozil the legend in his own pants. When he is on form hes great, but most of the time he bang average and lazy. Wish he turned up at most games rather than the odd one. He does have the qualities to do so.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

The laziest player i think i have EVER seen in an Arsenal shirt.

No excuses he's a liability

REB

Post by REB »

when i see ozil on the team sheet i fear for us, its like we start every game with 10 men, yes he is skillful and i dont care how many goals he set up which isnt many tbh ,i would be so happy to see him go in summer, what a waste of talent and money.

augie

Post by augie »

REB wrote:when i see ozil on the team sheet i fear for us, its like we start every game with 10 men, yes he is skillful and i dont care how many goals he set up which isnt many tbh ,i would be so happy to see him go in summer, what a waste of talent and money.

DB10 is going to pissed with you if you continue to slate his golden child :lol: :lol:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

I was a big fan of his game, and still am to some degree. However, as others have mentioned, he is a luxury player. He is only equipped to play in squads that can A) finish off the numerous chances he creates, and B) have the players that can cover for his defensive inability.

Our squad has neither A or B. I would sell him while he's still got a decent price tag.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

What an utter fucking wanker he was yesterday - not the only one by a long stretch, but it appears playing alongside Xhaka and Ramsey he has taken it upon himself to sink to their shitey levels

I honestly couldn't give a flying fuck if the bloke leaves or stays. I'm sure he'll be missed when we're swatting Brighton for six in sunny September, but come OT, the Bridge, Goodison, the Britannia, Etihad, Shitole and Anfield, he'll be as missed about as much as the ingrowing toenail I had a few years back