ozil this season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ozil this season

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gutless arsehole who doesn't want to play for us. I've been more upset flushing a good turd away than saying goodbye to this lazy arsed cock

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

JimmyAFC wrote:Typical Wenger situation.

Player says he wants to sign because he's heard all the 'great' things about Wenger and his personal style of management (in other words, mollycoddling players, letting them go on breaks/holidays during the season, demanding nothing, nice workplace environment no harsh words or conflict!) until they realise he is a shocking manager tactically and his methods are outdated, then they ship off to another big club and win titles and Wenger and the media paint them as the villain in the situation.

Yep. Same will go for Sanchez and Ozil. DE JA FUCKING VU.
Really it's a crying shame what is going on with both Sanchez & Ozil. They would be double the players with a different manager....

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Sell him, he's heart isn't in it and never will be even if we paid him half a billion a game, he's disinterested and becoming more and more ineffective as time goes by :roll:
I agree with the selling him as we'll never build a team around him and it is the sort of player he is, but i wonder how much of Ozils even worse attitude and lacklustre performance stems from last seasons disappointment, i know to us the old assists record might seem a minor thing but for a player like Ozil it is a big thing, it would have meant he'd have had that record in the 3 major European leagues consecutively.

He was flying towards it, then Wenger let Olly play 15 games in a row without scoring and imagine how that played out in Ozils mind. It wasn't just our season the manager blew last season, but in my opinion any faith Ozil had in his manager, it might also account for what seems to be a total breakdown between them now :wink: :rubchin:
Well put, mate. Watching Giroud miss everything he put on a plate for him game after game must have wrecked Ozil's head. And then to see the useless assdick manager just keep on playing Giroud...? Soul destroying for a player that can create chances out of nothing. :|

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

His absence though just showed how lost we are for ideas. 72% posession V Baggies and no penetration whatsoever- 2 shits on target FFS.

I reckon we should sign Mary Berry, much more creative and the penetration could be better as well :rubchin:

Herd

Post by Herd »

You can scapegoat Ozil all you want but he's not the reason we are shit .
He would work wonders in a team that could play more than 1 dimensional football but we don't have enough players with intelligence for him.
A painter cant create a masterpiece with shit for paint and a plank of wood for a brush .

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

Exactly, when he plays we often are better when he doesnt we often are shit :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We create basically nothing from midfield without Ozil. Certainly no killer pass to open a defence up and no penetration.

WBA away = 700+ passes and 77% possession but 2 shots on target....

Seen it time and again when Ozil isn't playing - the Ox pisses passes away or doesn't want the ball, The Welsh Messi-Lite twirls and flicks and gets caught in possession, Xhaka hoofs the old Stevie Me 70 yard diagonal to no-one and then gets booked for something stupid, Iwobi has a worse first touch than Welbeck and Pogba combined, Elneny passes it 5 yards waits for it back and then passes it another five yards Denilson-style... and Coquelin? May as well have an inanimate carbon rod on there as have Coquelin on. :roll:

There's a reason Ozil and Sanchez tend to look for each other first and foremost on the pitch - they are the ONLY two players we have that can think and play at that high level.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:Gutless arsehole who doesn't want to play for us. I've been more upset flushing a good turd away than saying goodbye to this lazy arsed cock
:tumbleweed:

Robbie Savage has hacked SteveO's account????!! :shock:

:D :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:Gutless arsehole who doesn't want to play for us. I've been more upset flushing a good turd away than saying goodbye to this lazy arsed cock

Bet those words are like a dagger in the heart to a fanboy like you DB10

:lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:You can scapegoat Ozil all you want but he's not the reason we are shit .
He would work wonders in a team that could play more than 1 dimensional football but we don't have enough players with intelligence for him.
A painter cant create a masterpiece with shit for paint and a plank of wood for a brush .

Try telling that to Damian Hurst! :lol: :wink:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:You can scapegoat Ozil all you want but he's not the reason we are shit .

Try telling that to Damian Hurst! :lol: :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Bet those words are like a dagger in the heart to a fanboy like you DB10

:lol:
:lol: :lol:

I imagine SteveO in Highbury during Bergkamp's 6 game "disastrous goal DROUGHT!!" (© The Sun) telling all around "He's shit. He's lazy. He's shit. If only we had a bloke that could show a brief flash of skill then spend 10 years injured..." :lol: :wink:

Speaking of the Lord God Bergkamp, this neatly sums up the media stupidity around his early days with us;

http://www.newstalk.com/bergkamps-early-struggles

Pundits were stupid fuckers back then too... :oops: :roll: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:Sell him, he's heart isn't in it and never will be even if we paid him half a billion a game, he's disinterested and becoming more and more ineffective as time goes by :roll:
I agree with the selling him as we'll never build a team around him and it is the sort of player he is, but i wonder how much of Ozils even worse attitude and lacklustre performance stems from last seasons disappointment, i know to us the old assists record might seem a minor thing but for a player like Ozil it is a big thing, it would have meant he'd have had that record in the 3 major European leagues consecutively.

He was flying towards it, then Wenger let Olly play 15 games in a row without scoring and imagine how that played out in Ozils mind. It wasn't just our season the manager blew last season, but in my opinion any faith Ozil had in his manager, it might also account for what seems to be a total breakdown between them now :wink: :rubchin:
Exactly why we should sell him and you have reiterated my point, his heart is not in it BUT if his form is down to not breaking a record then maybe he should play for free because he is a professional player playing for The Arsenal, personal records mean fuck all, if I am not mistaken its a team game.

Anyhow its all immaterial really, he will be off along with sanchez, wenger will say they are arsenal players and we will hold them to the last year of their contracts but then sell them both at a loss probably, then Wenger signs another contract, the banners will fade away, the planes run out of fuel and stadium will eventually be 90% Chinese tourists, can't wait :barscarf:

For what its worth I think we miss cazorla more than people realise and Ozils drop in form is more down to his absence than anything else.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

According to very good sources belonging to the footballistically Arsenal podcast, Ozil's assurances about the manager's future were not in support of Wenger but were the other way around.

:D :barscarf:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

arseofacrow wrote:According to very good sources belonging to the footballistically Arsenal podcast, Ozil's assurances about the manager's future were not in support of Wenger but were the other way around.

:D :barscarf:
Of course they were. The players who are capable of pissing off elsewhere to win trophies for fun have no desperation to throw away their careers under the fool.

Whereas unsurprisingly the ones who are paid twice as much as they could dream of earning anywhere else and allowed to play at a far better level than they deserve like Giroud, Walcott and Iwobi think the bloke is God.