ozil this season

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: ozil this season

Post by SteveO 35 »

I do hope his runny nose has recovered because he's sure to really boss the midfield in this one. Can't get the big love in......in fact the people singing his praises have barely made reference to the fact that he supposedly wants Wenger to stay !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

One thing I think most could agree with is that we are a better team with Ozil on the pitch than without. How much better varies wildly admittedly, but the last few games we've had nothing but stagnant possession and no chances created. Yesterday Ozil was at the heart of everything good for us, moving the ball quickly and (mostly) accurately and creating chances. Shame he had the clanger that led to their second goal though... :lol: :oops:

Having said that, if Wenger does not employ a top striker and 2 top DM's, we may as well sell Ozil (and Sanchez) and save ourselves £500K a week because these two players need other top players around them. :roll:

Theoperator

Post by Theoperator »

I agree DB, he is about the only creative player we have- Girouds flicks are about the only other creative play, and of course Santi

He is a very poor performer one on one, or shooting at all, how often he passes when he could just smash it in :oops: , remember the Pen V Marseille, only to be repeated for the German team :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:One thing I think most could agree with is that we are a better team with Ozil on the pitch than without. How much better varies wildly admittedly, but the last few games we've had nothing but stagnant possession and no chances created. Yesterday Ozil was at the heart of everything good for us, moving the ball quickly and (mostly) accurately and creating chances. Shame he had the clanger that led to their second goal though... :lol: :oops:

Having said that, if Wenger does not employ a top striker and 2 top DM's, we may as well sell Ozil (and Sanchez) and save ourselves £500K a week because these two players need other top players around them. :roll:

Sorry mate no way can i blame him for clanger, we all make them, but the way he failed to track back and try to regain possession after he lost the ball was unforgivable and just plain lazy. Yes we need his creativity but even the most creative players have to give more than that alone. I wonder if our lack of creativity in the current squad is clouding you judgement on Ozil

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:One thing I think most could agree with is that we are a better team with Ozil on the pitch than without. How much better varies wildly admittedly, but the last few games we've had nothing but stagnant possession and no chances created. Yesterday Ozil was at the heart of everything good for us, moving the ball quickly and (mostly) accurately and creating chances. Shame he had the clanger that led to their second goal though... :lol: :oops:

Sorry mate no way can i blame him for clanger, we all make them, but the way he failed to track back and try to regain possession after he lost the ball was unforgivable and just plain lazy. Yes we need his creativity but even the most creative players have to give more than that alone. I wonder if our lack of creativity in the current squad is clouding you judgement on Ozil
Nope. not in the slightest. I've said on here numerous times that Ozil is the ultimate luxury player and that if we don't build a team that can work at his technical level AND carry the extra load because of his lack of defending then we may as well let him go.

Did you see Parlour's interview on Goals on Sunday a couple weeks ago? He spoke about Overmars and how the midfield had to cover him constantly but didn't mind doing it because Overmars created so much. Same with Ozil. A properly structured team with a proper system in place and a few top class players would see Ozil set assist records. Without those things then he is a player that delivers on some occasions, not on others.

Also, I didn't blame him for the clanger, just said it was a shame that it happened - as he was trying to get us forward quickly.

Speaking of clouded judgement, I find it interesting though that no one has had a pop at Sanchez who was appallingly poor yesterday, losing possession constantly, mis-cuing his passes, moaning at team mates and officials, and generally running around like a shit Robbie Savage... :D :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

flash gunner wrote:

He could do worse than banging a few goals in now and again. If he feels like it. No pressure Mesut, :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

He could do worse than banging a few goals in now and again. If he feels like it. No pressure Mesut, :D
Have to agree. Overmars chipped in with loads as well as creating loads. But then I suppose it could be asked which of our attacking midfielders/strikers (apart from Sanchez) do chip in with a few goals really? :|

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:
flash gunner wrote:

Have to agree. Overmars chipped in with loads as well as creating loads. But then I suppose it could be asked which of our attacking midfielders/strikers (apart from Sanchez) do chip in with a few goals really? :|
Still think hes a lazy fucker, talented but lazy

REB

Post by REB »

brings fuck all to the team, lazy fucker strolling around as if theres no game on.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Maybe too many Marty Feldman look-a-like gigs are wearing him out,that's why he's such a lazy fucker,he honestly looks like a bloke who's lost his dog some games,

Talented as bugger but would be at a bigger club still if he could be bothered.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

On motd it was highlighted ozil giving the ball away twice. The only question I have is why the hell is possibly the world's best no.10 behind his two DM, picking up the ball on the edge of his own are

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Nos89 wrote:On motd it was highlighted ozil giving the ball away twice. The only question I have is why the hell is possibly the world's best no.10 behind his two DM, picking up the ball on the edge of his own are

Stop asking such difficult questions ! You want to end up like Jacqui Oatley ?!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Nos89 wrote:On motd it was highlighted ozil giving the ball away twice. The only question I have is why the hell is possibly the world's best no.10 behind his two DM, picking up the ball on the edge of his own are

Stop asking such difficult questions ! You want to end up like Jacqui Oatley ?!!
:lol:

Poor old Jacqui - still banished from the presence of The Great God Wenger. :cry:

Free the Jacqui Oatley two!! :barscarf:

I mean her breasts obviously. :D :wink:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Poor old Jacqui - still banished from the presence of The Great God Wenger. :cry:

Il Duce wouldn't be able to unzip her top ! 30 years experience did not include zip mastery. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Retro Gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Retro Gunner wrote:

Il Duce wouldn't be able to unzip her top ! 30 years experience did not include zip mastery. :D
:lol: :lol:

That's why he made that Rapper Slapper from Paris wear Velcro. 8)