Arsenal v C.Palace Sunday 1st January 2017 (H) @ 4pm.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
wibble

Re: Arsenal v C.Palace Sunday 1st January 2017 (H) @ 4pm.

Post by wibble »

Redarmy wrote:What you have to remember about Giroud is that the team does not play to his strengths, he needs service

Our crossing and corner kicks have been appalling for years.
Yeah we've not been playing the ball in behind him enough!

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

wibble wrote:
Redarmy wrote:What you have to remember about Giroud is that the team does not play to his strengths, he needs service

Yeah we've not been playing the ball in behind him enough!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

His reaction to Monreal's ball in front of him suggests that, even in jest, you're right.

He's not a "Plan B" as described by many. We play very much the same way with him or without.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

us playing high balls into sanchez at everton away for ashley wiliams to clear then subbing on giroud only to play along the ground is the most arsenal thing i've seen this season :? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:us playing high balls into sanchez at everton away for ashley wiliams to clear then subbing on giroud only to play along the ground is the most arsenal thing i've seen this season :? :lol:
:lol: :lol:

That was bizarre. It was like they decided to do the most opposite thing to what would work! :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

REB wrote:nice and easy win. just the way i ike it.

And the fact that it pushes fat sam nearer the relegation trap door is a major bonus for me :barscarf:

I only watched the first 30 mins or so (I think :? ), and in that time I thought that lucas was doing well .......... how did he do after that, and what was everyone's opinion on his performance ?

REB

Post by REB »

he was ok augie, nothing more nothing less tbh. no goal threat but he kept running and never gave up .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:us playing high balls into sanchez at everton away for ashley wiliams to clear then subbing on giroud only to play along the ground is the most arsenal thing i've seen this season :? :lol:

exactly....Wenger makes no concession to opponents or indeed his own team.....plays same way every week!!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
REB wrote:nice and easy win. just the way i ike it.

And the fact that it pushes fat sam nearer the relegation trap door is a major bonus for me :barscarf:

I only watched the first 30 mins or so (I think :? ), and in that time I thought that lucas was doing well .......... how did he do after that, and what was everyone's opinion on his performance ?
I'd agree with REB - he did ok. But we have to allow he has had fuck all PL game time in his first season so who knows what he might bring if given a proper chance and a run of games?

Also agreed 100% that was one more nail in the fat greedy money grubbing cúnt's relegation coffin - so I'm thrilled with that. :barscarf: 8)

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

yeah even when they had a corner still did not cross it into the box....played it short all the time...frustrating

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

The irony being it was actually a bad cross on which he managed to improvise in the most spectacular way, and for those saying it was lucky, who bloody cares, that ranks up there in the top 5 if not top 3 Arsenal goals i've ever seen :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Brilliant goal by Giroud, not only the finish but the flick to keep the move going and then running 50-60 yards as fast as he could to get to the box, to apply the finish. That's what he should be doing every game.
A good couple of results against managers who normally make things quite difficult for Arsenal.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:Brilliant goal by Giroud, not only the finish but the flick to keep the move going and then running 50-60 yards as fast as he could to get to the box, to apply the finish. That's what he should be doing every game.
A good couple of results against managers who normally make things quite difficult for Arsenal.

yes if you see his run he was sprinting...never seen him run so fast TBH...finish was just incredible...

on a negative note noticed some Emirates fans still in there seats after the goal????? FFS :banghead: :banghead: Zombies

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Still clappin' THE goal. Pity he did little else in the game. His miss in front of goal was as amazing as THE goal. Perez did OK but needs more games to sharpen up. El Erny as well. We didn't miss Ozil one little bit. Iwobi did better in the middle & probably had his best game. Bournmouth will be a much harder game. Lets just hope that Feo is still unavailable !!. If he's 'fit' Le General will pick him.:barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Perez was shit!
But the managers decision to put a left footer who can only use his left foot as he can only stand on his right peg wide on the right was a master stroke in terms of a player going in ever decreasing circles!...

Herd

Post by Herd »

Nos89 wrote:Brilliant goal by Giroud, not only the finish but the flick to keep the move going and then running 50-60 yards as fast as he could to get to the box, to apply the finish. That's what he should be doing every game.
That sums it up really ! Of course if Chelsea do drop some points we will immediately shit ourselves and lose some games !
Interesting how we get on at boscombe today !
Last edited by Herd on Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.