Arsenal v C.Palace Sunday 1st January 2017 (H) @ 4pm.

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Arsenal v C.Palace Sunday 1st January 2017 (H) @ 4pm.

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Team to play Crystal Palace: Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Elneny, Xhaka, Iwobi, Sanchez, Lucas, Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Maitland-Niles, Mustafi, Coquelin, Reine-Adelaide, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Subs

71 mins Coq for Eleney
71 mins Ox for Iwobi
76 Ramsey for Lucas

Anyone else care to play ?
Probably more exciting than the match.

Ramsey and Coq on 70mins, good call......fancy a managers job?
OX on for Iwobi....76 Mins... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I am sorry if I cannot make everyone happy all of the time, overall I believe I have achieved remarkable consistency.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

StuartL wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
StuartL wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Team to play Crystal Palace: Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Elneny, Xhaka, Iwobi, Sanchez, Lucas, Giroud

Subs: Ospina, Maitland-Niles, Mustafi, Coquelin, Reine-Adelaide, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain
Subs

71 mins Coq for Eleney
71 mins Ox for Iwobi
76 Ramsey for Lucas

Anyone else care to play ?
Probably more exciting than the match.

Ramsey and Coq on 70mins, good call......fancy a managers job?
OX on for Iwobi....76 Mins... :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
I am sorry if I cannot make everyone happy all of the time, overall I believe I have achieved remarkable consistency.
Cl qualification every season, a wheels come off collapse every February...out of all comps by the end of that month. Certainly consistent, nothing remarkable about it though.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Happy New Year, Gooners! :barscarf:

Nice to see us break away for the first goal. Unbelievable finish from Giroud! I suppose TOF will give him a 10 year contract on £300K a week for that. I wonder how many times Hollywood will try to better that fluke.

It was annoying to see us wasting other counter-attacks though. Why must they always stop at the edge of their box and inevitably pussy out?

We dominated the first half, but it was our typical illusionary dominance. How could we not take advantage of Palace's comical defending just before the break? We've seen us get punished from this position so many times, that some Gooners - like me - can't even enjoy a lead when we have it.

Thank fuck Iwobi made it two. Our converted chances to shots to goals ratio is a fucking embarrassment. Thankfully, it does seem that it is a little early for the 'Fat Sam effect' to catch on at Palace. Although they did put our goal under siege for a little while. Cech did better than expected. Fat Sam scandalously broke the rules by barking like a dog at his players throughout the game.

The predictable post-70 substitutions were predictable; like for like with Coquelin on for Elneny and Hollywood on for Lucas - out of position as usual. Another like for like with Chamberlain on for Iwobi. Typical fucking Wenger. Well played Stuart, for calling it! 8)

Oh well, another victory on the way to the VT. I hope we take the Preston game as seriously! :roll:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

sanchez is so gone. totally frustrated by our pedestrian attack. :(

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

rodders999 wrote:Alexis left on for the 90 :roll:
:banghead: :banghead:

REB

Post by REB »

nice and easy win. just the way i ike it.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Give us a flat track and we will show am all the biggest bullies in town..

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Excellent result and a decent performance.
Good to see us achieving another clean sheet.
As expected, we're going to go on a winning run leading up to the Chelsea game.
Hope Ozil's back for Tuesday.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:sanchez is so gone. totally frustrated by our pedestrian attack. :(
Yep, he won't be here next season. Having said that the way he went straight off at the end in a sulk is not to my liking

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

LaughingGooner wrote:Excellent result and a decent performance.
Yep "as expected" :roll:

And "as expected", once we've swatted aside the league's cannon fodder we'll get our usual bumholing at the Bridge.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
LaughingGooner wrote:Excellent result and a decent performance.
Yep "as expected" :roll:

And "as expected", once we've swatted aside the league's cannon fodder we'll get our usual bumholing at the Bridge.
Followed by turdholings at bayern Southampton and dippers in the 3aways after we get loosened up :oops: at the chavs

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Good to see at least one or two people on here giving Giroud a bit of credit for a world class goal. The bitterness of some of our fans towards our own players makes me wonder to be honest... If Messi had done that we'd all be talking about "genius" but Giroud does it and it's called a fluke... :roll: Of course there was a bit of luck involved, he even said that himself after the match, but 75% of goals have a bit of luck involved at some point. The intention was there, he executed it - for me it's a great goal.

Get over the hate, lads. Sure he ain't the 20+ PL goals a season striker we need, but at least give credit when it's due. :banghead: :roll: I'm getting so fucking bored reading the constant unneeded negativity on here when we have enough real problems at the club to be negative about. So celebrate a great goal, you don't always have to qualify it with whiny shit like "he missed a sitter" or "Wenger won't sign a striker". :roll:

In other news - yep we are classic flat track bullies. Palace at home? Whooppee-do. But a win is a win and once we stay ahead of the shit from N17 I'm happy enough, because I know we ain't winning the PL under Wenger, so get your enjoyment where you can I say. 8)

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Spot on DB10. Giroud may not be the prolific striker we all crave but when we play to his strengths he is an excellent one touch finisher who scores important goals. Today's was astonishing and deserving of all the praise it's receiving.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

What you have to remember about Giroud is that the team does not play to his strengths, he needs service

Our crossing and corner kicks have been appalling for years.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

he is good at those type of near post flicks as well with almost his wrong foot, he does have some sublime touches when he is on it. I mean like the cross come in low from the left and he glances them in with the outside of his left foot, seen him do that a few times

Think he was link man for that Norwich goal

Just wish he had more pace