Francis Jeffers

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
holloway_gooner

Re: Francis Jeffers

Post by holloway_gooner »

The fox-in-the box tagline almost made him a figure of fun from the get-go. Not good enough to play in an Arsenal shirt. Definitely one of the more notable signings that Wenger has gotten wrong

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Young steptoe nearly became the new Jeffers, hyped up and would have been totally out of his depth at Arsenal

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

I also have a vague feeling he got himself sent off on the hottest day of the century, Charity Shield v Man United? Clash with Eric Djemba Djemba, tad unlucky to be shown a red but summed up his hapless stint at the club

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

hmmm... very polite on this thread.

I'll call it then.

He was utter fucking gash. And he had glass ankles that made Gibbs look like Iron Man. :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:hmmm... very polite on this thread.

I'll call it then.

He was utter fucking gash. And he had glass ankles that made Gibbs look like Iron Man. :roll:

never a top striker or goalscorer, no confidence and limited ability....no where near Ian Wright as a goal scorer

Fish out of water in London

Herd

Post by Herd »

I saw him in Panto playing Dumbo the elephant ,those ears !

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Wasn't his last appearance for us in the Community Shield v United where he got sent off?

Swifty

Post by Swifty »

He played over here for my local team The Newcastle Jets - in the A-League, a couple of years ago. Met him and he signed my 2003 FA Cup programme just before kickoff in one game, even held my beer while I looked for a pen. Lovely bloke and played well for us.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Swifty wrote:He played over here for my local team The Newcastle Jets - in the A-League, a couple of years ago. Met him and he signed my 2003 FA Cup programme .
Ah, yes the Jeffers final as it affectionately known.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Swifty wrote:He played over here for my local team The Newcastle Jets - in the A-League, a couple of years ago. Met him and he signed my 2003 FA Cup programme just before kickoff in one game, even held my beer while I looked for a pen. Lovely bloke and played well for us.
:coffeespit:

Sorry mate, nice bloke he may be, but he was utter garbage for us. I remember the final game against Everton in 2002 and Henry putting him clean through on several occasions only for Fanny to miss em all until right near the end when he finally scuffed one in.

He was a very average journeyman striker of championship/ division one standard that was perma-crocked and waaaay out of his depth at Arsenal. In fairness to him he has admitted as much.

He actually has two FA Cup winners medals with us despite not even being in the squad for either final due to... you guessed it... injury.