First visit

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Mids Gooner

First visit

Post by Mids Gooner »

Looking forward to a first visit to the Emirates tomorrow with my arsenal mad nipper - just wandered what is the best tube station to head for from Euston station and any other advice for a first time visitor :barscarf:

GranadaJoe

Re: First visit

Post by GranadaJoe »

Mids Gooner wrote:Looking forward to a first visit to the Emirates tomorrow with my arsenal mad nipper - just wandered what is the best tube station to head for from Euston station and any other advice for a first time visitor :barscarf:

Take a good book.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Great that you are bringing the nipper.. How ever much we moan about the modern Arsenal it is still our duty to pass on our heritage to the future generations.. Enjoy the day and don't forget your selfie stick

holloway_gooner

Post by holloway_gooner »

Depends what block you are in, but from Euston probably easiest to get the Victoria line to either Highbury and Islington or Finsbury Park, then about a 15 minute walk from either

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

My advice would be Highbury and Islington as it's more of an old fashioned walk to the game. Mind you, Finsbury Park takes you down the back streets which is traditional too but High and I is slightly easier with a child. In terms of the game, just check whether he does actually want to get himself involved in a lifetime of all this nonsense. I hear that Juventus, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich tend to win a lot more than us. Perhaps he wants to follow one of them instead.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Dont use the Piccadilly line as its running with massive delays after they found half the trains were unsafe . TFL = Terribly fucking lazy

Mids Gooner

Post by Mids Gooner »

Thanks for the replys guys, en route now and she's buzzing for the game. Let's hope she's a lucky omen :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mids Gooner wrote:Thanks for the replys guys, en route now and she's buzzing for the game. Let's hope she's a lucky omen :barscarf:
Good luck mate and hope she enjoys the day - she'll probably spend more time watching it than Club Latte do in the Upper Tier.

Its something special taking your little uns for the first time - my lad's first trip was to Birmingham on the final day of 04/05 and we lost to a last minute Heskey goal :( Even more unlikely was his first trip to THOF to see Pascal Cygan net a brace against Fulham.....so anything's possible !

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mids Gooner wrote:Thanks for the replys guys, en route now and she's buzzing for the game. Let's hope she's a lucky omen :barscarf:
Good luck mate and hope she enjoys the day - she'll probably spend more time watching it than Club Latte do in the Upper Tier.

Its something special taking your little uns for the first time - my lad's first trip was to Birmingham on the final day of 04/05 and we lost to a last minute Heskey goal :( Even more unlikely was his first trip to THOF to see Pascal Cygan net a brace against Fulham.....so anything's possible !
I remember my daughters first game was a 4-1 v Norwich with a Henry hat trick and a Ljungberg ( her favourite player ) goal
Highbury, In the Clock End, in sunshine - doesn't get much better than that. :barscarf:

Hope you and your daughter enjoy the game mate.