Bournemouth (A) | PL | Tue 3 Jan 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: Bournemouth (A) | PL | Tue 3 Jan 19:45

Post by Bradywasking »

Some of the comments on the Arsenal Twitter prove that dome Arsenal "fans" deserve this manager, this team,these pathetic performances.
Favourite tweet; "great performance, especially in the second half" ..

mojokickin

Post by mojokickin »

donaldo71 wrote:Instead of rushing back to the halfway line and trying to grab a winning goal against a 10 man team on their last legs

Just woke up with a splitting head. Was obviously down a few last night. Apologise for my comments about Ramsey. He's still utter dog shite though.
N this Giroud celebration. :censored: twat.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Block93 wrote:What pissed me off, even more than the obvious list of stuff that happened, was that at 0-2 down with 45 seconds to go of added time in the first half, we get a free kick, and instead of lumping it into their box, Kos plays sideways to Iwobi who immediately loses it and Ramsey gets yellow for bringing their player down who goes steaming through. There's under a minute to play and we're playing Giroud up front, who can head the ball, remember?

Perez deserves his chance, he's quite a neat player and a lot better than Iwobi who has probably been given too much game time of late. Ox is worth a place too. I would persist with Xhaka, just got a feeling he'll come good. Ospina is a must for Preston, and if he does well, keep him in. Mustafi has been very good, but was off the pace a bit on his return, apart from a great tackle. Bellerin just had an off-night.

Poor old Alexis, just hope rumours about him buying a house in the country are well-founded, though seemingly in Kent and round the M25 to Cobham, rather than a horrendous journey the other way to London Colney. BA just started direct flights to Santiago, he's probably on one already....

Finally, the tosspot of a ref played a few seconds under 6 mins at the end, and did you see that great ball on its way when he blew?
The man has a look that says "ive had enough of this shit". A bit like Van Persie in his last season when he carried us on his own and knows that his future is elsewhere, where he can earn the money and play in a winning team.

I think we all knew we were going nowhere this season but like most you hang on to that hope that we do something. The only hope i have now is that the French bloke is gone in May :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I was just about to post basically what Wilson posted about Eddie Howe! :shock: Fuck's sake that's 2 posts of his I've agreed with now!! :shock:

:wink: :wink:

But tbh what kind of manager let's a 3 goal lead slip against a team playing as ineptly and gutlessly as we were last night? :roll: :oops:

He was shown up for what he is; a very ordinary, quite average manager. 3-0 up at home with us finally attacking and he let's his team sit deep and invite us on? That's Wenger-type stupidity right there. Make no mistakes we are a far better team collectively and individually and we should be beating the likes of Bournemouth easily, but with Wenger in command we are suspect as often as we are brilliant. But Eddie fucking Howe is NOT the answer to our problems. We need a Wenger replacement that doesn't just believe football is all about passing attacking moves. There is an old saying that used to be commonplace in football "the art of defending" and it is an art. We need a manager that will bring in a defensive coach and let him fucking coach, not just put the cones out and then sit mute on the bench beside said manager.... :roll: :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

last word guest Ramsey, who was awful last night, but still has the brass neck to talk about it as if he's a hero....

‘It’s difficult when you start off like that but we had to continue to play, to show some character out there and be brave by doing the right things,’ the Welshman said afterwards.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Game that had everything for everybody
For and AKB it was a great comeback and showed great Mental strength
For a Wob it confirmed that we will will never ever win the league with this manager or this team of pampered pricks.
For Arsenal TV Stars it showed they still need to have their medication close by !
I enjoyed it and I did laugh when Giroud who was magnificent in the fightback covering back for ramsey and others in defense did his morcombe and wise routine !
Alexis ,if we can still retain him pay him anything he wants ,period !
Ramsey left Bellerin (who looks knackered) to die more than once yesterday but then got all busy during the fightback abnd started flicking around like a madman . Ox worked hard in defense ,there is hope for him ! Perez played good too .
The leagues over by tonight I hope ! I fancy going up the lane on a sniping expedition !

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

donaldo71 wrote:Instead of rushing back to the halfway line and trying to grab a winning goal against a 10 man team on their last legs

Sums up Giroud and the culture at the club generally. No surprises that when we did finally get back to kick off we couldn't get hold of the ball for the remaining four minutes. Stark contrast from when goals were flying in at the other end and everybody trudged back in silence.

Sanchez looked like he was going To blow a gasket and I can't fathom why he would possibly want to stick around.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

DB10GOONER wrote:I was just about to post basically what Wilson posted about Eddie Howe! :shock: Fuck's sake that's 2 posts of his I've agreed with now!! :shock:

:wink: :wink:

But tbh what kind of manager let's a 3 goal lead slip against a team playing as ineptly and gutlessly as we were last night? :roll: :oops:

He was shown up for what he is; a very ordinary, quite average manager. 3-0 up at home with us finally attacking and he let's his team sit deep and invite us on? That's Wenger-type stupidity right there. Make no mistakes we are a far better team collectively and individually and we should be beating the likes of Bournemouth easily, but with Wenger in command we are suspect as often as we are brilliant. But Eddie fucking Howe is NOT the answer to our problems. We need a Wenger replacement that doesn't just believe football is all about passing attacking moves. There is an old saying that used to be commonplace in football "the art of defending" and it is an art. We need a manager that will bring in a defensive coach and let him fucking coach, not just put the cones out and then sit mute on the bench beside said manager.... :roll: :|
Eddie Howe after Wenger = David Moyes after Ferguson.

If anything it'd be worse as Ferguson went out after winning the League, whereas Wenger will leave a pile of shite for his hand picked successor.

If our owner had even the slightest ambition he'd be camped out in Madrid, asking a certain ArgentinIan chap how much he'd like per week. And he'd be doing that right now . . . . . .

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:last word guest Ramsey, who was awful last night, but still has the brass neck to talk about it as if he's a hero....

‘It’s difficult when you start off like that but we had to continue to play, to show some character out there and be brave by doing the right things,’ the Welshman said afterwards.
My head nearly fucking exploded when I saw who was lined up for the after match interview. Okay, Giroud got MOTM for a goal and 2 assists and a bit of defending, sure interview him, fair enough, but for fucks sake what was Ramsey doing fronting up? If I was him I would have been so embarrassed by my performance I'd have avoided the cameras like the fucking plague. :oops: :roll:

And what the fuck is "burrah" all about? :roll: :lol: "We were under pressure, burrah we were better in the second half..."

Herd

Post by Herd »

Mark my words when Wenger goes he will have no and I mean no influence on who follows him nor will he be elevated to the board !
Ivan the Terrible is biding his time ,and he is waiting patiently for the end of the Wenger Era !

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Herd wrote:Mark my words when Wenger goes he will have no and I mean no influence on who follows him nor will he be elevated to the board !
Ivan the Terrible is biding his time ,and he is waiting patiently for the end of the Wenger Era !
Do you know something, Herd? Let us in on the rumours please, old chap.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Play the Wenger way and amble up and down the pitch, play 200 passes sideways and backwards, don't cross the ball into the box and definitely don't shoot. No shots on target will generally produce zero goals.

Get desperate, pick up the pace, cross the ball, have more than one player in the box and score goals.

Not as refined or pretty as Wengerball, but effective.

If only I had 30 years in football I'd understand why the first option is better.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:

Sums up Giroud and the culture at the club generally. No surprises that when we did finally get back to kick off we couldn't get hold of the ball for the remaining four minutes. Stark contrast from when goals were flying in at the other end and everybody trudged back in silence.

Sanchez looked like he was going To blow a gasket and I can't fathom why he would possibly want to stick around.

Yes Wenger has allowed this state of attitude at the club, basically because he is involved in everything from stadium cleaning duties upwards and nothing gets done properly or just drags on...as per Giroud lack of focus after the goal...not saying he did not respond well....and think he was desperate at the end to get the ball

As for Sanchez not sure how long he can go in this set up.....looks totally frustrated

Herd

Post by Herd »

Do you know something, Herd? Let us in on the rumours please, old chap.
I know that Gazidis HATE's Wenger and lives for the day he leaves !
I think he would explode if Wenger got on the board and picked his succsessor and then hung around !

SO would I for that matter !

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:The most ridiculous part of tonight, is that with 20 minutes gone, it was clear they were outplaying us, with zero sign of us having any chances, yet Wenger was quite content to leave things, as they were. Only Coquelin went off injured, we wouldn't have seen a sub made, until midway through the 2nd half. How can you call yourself a manager, and sit there hoping things will change against all logic.

He uses that tactic a lot...think he learned it after 30 years in football....just sit there moan and hope against all odds something will change

oh wait a minute does he not get paid £9 million a year to manage all this???????