Bournemouth (A) | PL | Tue 3 Jan 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Bournemouth (A) | PL | Tue 3 Jan 19:45

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:
Do you know something, Herd? Let us in on the rumours please, old chap.
I know that Gazidis HATE's Wenger and lives for the day he leaves !
I think he would explode if Wenger got on the board and picked his succsessor and then hung around !

SO would I for that matter !

interesting Info.... :rubchin:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:We were out thought, out fought, out strategised, out muscled, out played and out footballed for the majority of it because Wenger set us up wrong to start with. Ramsey in the middle with Coq and Xhaka is a waste of time. Bournemouth had free run in our midfield.

Something else I've noticed; Iwobi reminds me of the worst parts of Pogba's game - shockingly loose first touch and desperate lunges to try regain control. Him and Bellerin were a disgrace tonight. :x :|
WTF happened to Bellerin he was shocking....worst he has ever played for Arsenal

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:cech was poor again tonight.

He is now officially past it....reactions are so slow...forget penalty saving that guy has no chance

need a new keeper, but in meantime play Ospina

Remember when we had penaltys against us with Seaman in goal especially the first season he joined, you expected him to save it

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

How are Arsenal fans on both sides of the Wenger debate, not angry with Giroud, after that nonsense at the end last night. You score an equaliser against piss poor opposition, with enough time to win it, and your more concerned with making it all about you, than winning the game, what an arrogant wanker. Contrast that with Sanchez, who was visibly upset that we hadn't won the game. The laughable thing is, when Sanchez fucks off in the summer, fans will lash out at him, even though he is the only player who gives a 100% effort in every game.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:How are Arsenal fans on both sides of the Wenger debate, not angry with Giroud, after that nonsense at the end last night. You score an equaliser against piss poor opposition, with enough time to win it, and your more concerned with making it all about you, than winning the game, what an arrogant wanker. Contrast that with Sanchez, who was visibly upset that we hadn't won the game. The laughable thing is, when Sanchez fucks off in the summer, fans will lash out at him, even though he is the only player who gives a 100% effort in every game.

agreed...hard to imagine it happening under Alex Ferguson for example

Gutted for Sanchez playing with that shower of shit, he's better than that

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:cech was poor again tonight.

He is now officially past it....reactions are so slow...forget penalty saving that guy has no chance

need a new keeper, but in meantime play Ospina

Remember when we had penaltys against us with Seaman in goal especially the first season he joined, you expected him to save it

I remember being surprised if people actually scored a penalty against us in those days. Then again, we had a decent back four then so hardly ever gave them away. If Dixon or Nutty Nige had given that away last night, Adams or Keown would have savaged them.
I wonder whether players missed so many against Seaman because they got so few chances in the rest of the game and had too much pressure on them to make it count when they got a pen.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

BFG4 wrote:How are Arsenal fans on both sides of the Wenger debate, not angry with Giroud, after that nonsense at the end last night. You score an equaliser against piss poor opposition, with enough time to win it, and your more concerned with making it all about you, than winning the game, what an arrogant wanker. Contrast that with Sanchez, who was visibly upset that we hadn't won the game. The laughable thing is, when Sanchez fucks off in the summer, fans will lash out at him, even though he is the only player who gives a 100% effort in every game.
In fairness to Giroud he sounded fucked off afterwards that we'd let in 3 goals and hadn't gone on to win the game. Compare and contrast that with the useless wanker Ramsey stood next to him, seemingly without a care in the world as he continues to steal a living from the club. Getting on 9 years he's been here now and in all that time he's had 1 decent season where he ended up netting the winner in the cup final. Apart from that he's been shite, and if anything going backwards

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Herd wrote:
Do you know something, Herd? Let us in on the rumours please, old chap.
I know that Gazidis HATE's Wenger and lives for the day he leaves !
I think he would explode if Wenger got on the board and picked his succsessor and then hung around !

SO would I for that matter !

interesting Info.... :rubchin:
That supports what I heard about 18 months ago about the two of them. I was told that Wanker and Gazidis have no relationship and that they only coummincate when they absolutely have to. Gazidis is a trained solicitor and an astute businessman so knows what needs to be said and done in public and when business law requires him to communicate with Wanker. Away from that, the two don't speak. My suspicion is that Gazidis has asked questions about Wanker and called him to account. That's got him in trouble with the manager as everybody else there buries their heads in the sand and treats him like the glorious leader he thinks he is. On top of that, Gazidis is a clever bloke and Wanker probably feels threatened by that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
In fairness to Giroud he sounded fucked off afterwards that we'd let in 3 goals and hadn't gone on to win the game. Compare and contrast that with the useless wanker Ramsey stood next to him, seemingly without a care in the world as he continues to steal a living from the club. Getting on 9 years he's been here now and in all that time he's had 1 decent season where he ended up netting the winner in the cup final. Apart from that he's been shite, and if anything going backwards
True.

Also, regarding the Giroud celebration, I think he thought it was later in the game and that he had just clutched a last second equalizer. Remember the celebrations for Welbeck's late winner against Leicester last season? So maybe not the arrogance he's been accused of in this instance.

What was worse for me was at the restart, we then dicked about with the ball at the back. Cech, Gab and Nacho were passing it between them when there was 30 seconds on the clock instead of just launching the fucking thing into the oppo box. They had to know at that stage we were in the last few seconds. Both Sanchez and Giroud were screaming for them to launch it.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
True.

Also, regarding the Giroud celebration, I think he thought it was later in the game and that he had just clutched a last second equalizer. Remember the celebrations for Welbeck's late winner against Leicester last season? So maybe not the arrogance he's been accused of in this instance.

What was worse for me was at the restart, we then dicked about with the ball at the back. Cech, Gab and Nacho were passing it between them when there was 30 seconds on the clock instead of just launching the fucking thing into the oppo box. They had to know at that stage we were in the last few seconds. Both Sanchez and Giroud were screaming for them to launch it.
Only Gabriel went over to celebrate with Giroud, and even he was telling him to get back for the kick off, were as every other player ran back. Giroud couldn't have been the only player who didn't know how much time was left. On the other hand, Welbeck scored a winner in injury time, and it suited us to waste a few more seconds by celebrating. To me it shows a mentality problem, that a player wouldn't see it as more important to try and win the game, than doing a stupid celebration.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
True.

Only Gabriel went over to celebrate with Giroud, and even he was telling him to get back for the kick off, were as every other player ran back. Giroud couldn't have been the only player who didn't know how much time was left. On the other hand, Welbeck scored a winner in injury time, and it suited us to waste a few more seconds by celebrating. To me it shows a mentality problem, that a player wouldn't see it as more important to try and win the game, than doing a stupid celebration.
Gabriel was not celebrating as well looked annoyed to me....the mentality is set by Wenger

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

The Ox grabbed the ball and dragged Giroud away.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
True.

You assume that he knew how much time was left, but you decided his celebration was all arrogance and self interested ego? You have no proof of either scenario. What you are implying is that he decided "Hey I scored an equaliser, and I know there is time left for a winner, but fuck it my goal celebration is far more important than winning this game"??

I'm sorry but that to me is bollocks, mate. Do you honestly believe that? I honestly think he made a mistake, thought he'd equalised in the last second or so and celebrated accordingly.

This is a general comment, not aimed at anyone; It's just getting silly that now every little mistake, every little indiscretion. by every player is getting over analysed and used to beat Wenger, the players, the club, the fans. We certainly have a mentality problem at Arsenal but I do not believe Giroud's celebration is part of it.

Herd

Post by Herd »

He was paying respects to these Guys ,it was the 40th anniversary of the Morcombe and Wise show live at the Bournemouth Winter Gardens

He played his heart out last night , Im not knocking him !
Last edited by Herd on Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Herd wrote:He was paying respects to these Guys ,it was the 40th anniversary of the Morcombe and Wise show live at the Boutrnemouth Winter Gardens

He played his heart out last night , Im not knocking him !

:D :D :D