Bournemouth (A) | PL | Tue 3 Jan 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Bournemouth (A) | PL | Tue 3 Jan 19:45

Post by Herd »

That supports what I heard about 18 months ago about the two of them. I was told that Wanker and Gazidis have no relationship and that they only coummincate when they absolutely have to. Gazidis is a trained solicitor and an astute businessman so knows what needs to be said and done in public and when business law requires him to communicate with Wanker. Away from that, the two don't speak. My suspicion is that Gazidis has asked questions about Wanker and called him to account. That's got him in trouble with the manager as everybody else there buries their heads in the sand and treats him like the glorious leader he thinks he is. On top of that, Gazidis is a clever bloke and Wanker probably feels threatened by that.
Thats great cos Ive only been saying it for about 5 or six years !

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Herd wrote:

That supports what I heard about 18 months ago about the two of them. I was told that Wanker and Gazidis have no relationship and that they only coummincate when they absolutely have to. Gazidis is a trained solicitor and an astute businessman so knows what needs to be said and done in public and when business law requires him to communicate with Wanker. Away from that, the two don't speak. My suspicion is that Gazidis has asked questions about Wanker and called him to account. That's got him in trouble with the manager as everybody else there buries their heads in the sand and treats him like the glorious leader he thinks he is. On top of that, Gazidis is a clever bloke and Wanker probably feels threatened by that.
Thats great cos Ive only been saying it for about 5 or six years !
Is that true Herd? Wasn't it Wenger who chose Gazidis for the job in the first place? I would have thought he could get rid of him too if he wanted

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Wenger commenting on Bournemouth game...."It was a mental test but we succeeded"

:D :D :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

:lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:Mark my words when Wenger goes he will have no and I mean no influence on who follows him nor will he be elevated to the board !
Ivan the Terrible is biding his time ,and he is waiting patiently for the end of the Wenger Era !
I'll give you 9 out of 10 Herd, you would have got 10 if you had put "when Wenger goes- at the end of this season"

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:Wenger commenting on Bournemouth game...."It was a mental test but we succeeded"

I know un-friggin believable. :roll: :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Wenger commenting on Bournemouth game...."It was a mental test but we succeeded"

I know un-friggin believable. :roll: :banghead:
Um wasn't the mental test failed in that we went 3-0 down to the smallest team/club in the premier league ever?

We then proceeded to come back to draw after they'd run their guts out for 70 mins were absolutely bolloxed and then went down to 10 men..... :rubchin:

He has more spin than Alastair Campbell does our AW :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

!

I'll give you 9 out of 10 Herd, you would have got 10 if you had put "when Wenger goes- at the end of this season"
bar a meltdown it aint happening

Herd

Post by Herd »

[/quote] Is that true Herd? Wasn't it Wenger who chose Gazidis for the job in the first place? I would have thought he could get rid of him too if he wanted[/quote]
I dont think he anything to do with the appointment of Gazidis ,Dick Law yes not Gazidis ,I think Stan the man put Ivan the Terrible on his throne !
Gazidis ruffled TOF's feathers by making comments about our on the pitch performance and a cold war began early on ,it reached freezing point in the great Summer transfer debacle in 2011 and the permafrost has expanded !
Note Gazidis comments last year where he clearly says the Arsenal FC is not Arsene FC ,very odd words !

Clash

Post by Clash »

donaldo71 wrote:Instead of rushing back to the halfway line and trying to grab a winning goal against a 10 man team on their last legs

Just seen this again. It is typical Giroud really. Its why it's impossible to warm to him even when he plays well or does something good.

Just as well Szczesny wasn't in goal though or he would probably have sprinted down the pitch, whipped an iPhone out of his shinpad and taken a few selfies for Twitter :roll:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
donaldo71 wrote:Instead of rushing back to the halfway line and trying to grab a winning goal against a 10 man team on their last legs

Just seen this again. It is typical Giroud really. Its why it's impossible to warm to him even when he plays well or does something good.

Just as well Szczesny wasn't in goal though or he would probably have sprinted down the pitch, whipped an iPhone out of his shinpad and taken a few selfies for Twitter :roll:

look at Gabriel seems amazed by it all :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:We were out thought, out fought, out strategised, out muscled, out played and out footballed for the majority of it because Wenger set us up wrong to start with. Ramsey in the middle with Coq and Xhaka is a waste of time. Bournemouth had free run in our midfield.

Something else I've noticed; Iwobi reminds me of the worst parts of Pogba's game - shockingly loose first touch and desperate lunges to try regain control. Him and Bellerin were a disgrace tonight. :x :|
WTF happened to Bellerin he was shocking....worst he has ever played for Arsenal
It's because the inevitable 'Wenger Effect' is beginning to take affect just as it did with Feo, Arshavin,The Ox, Chambers, Jenkinson et al. :?

Herd

Post by Herd »

Come on lets get serious the celebration took all of 30 seconds ,afcb wernt ready to kick off anyway !

Harm done none whatsoever !

Mistical92

Post by Mistical92 »

Probably no harm done in the celebration, but it still made me irrationally angry and I'm happy to admit it's irrational.

By all means go apeshit when we get to 4-3 but until then button it up and stay serious. A draw was still a shit result. I like Giroud but he's maddening. Pulls off the sublime and misses sitters.

Kypie1990

Post by Kypie1990 »

Herd wrote:Come on lets get serious the celebration took all of 30 seconds ,afcb wernt ready to kick off anyway !

Harm done none whatsoever !
Should of grabbed the ball and ran back to our half for kick off, celebrating an equaliser against Bournemouth is nothing to celebrate when we are already 9 points behind the leaders! Could you see Henry, bergkamp or Sanchez doing that I don't think so!