We've signed Bramall, Cohen Bramall, I just don't think you understand

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
NickF

Re: We've signed Bramall, Cohen Bramall, I just don't think you understand

Post by NickF »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Personally, I don't mind taking a punt on someone like him. 40k will soon be Alexis' daily rate so it's hardly a big risk. If it works, great, if it doesn't, so what. I hope he does well.
As long as we're not making him a millionaire I don't mind,however we do have a history of vastly overpaying crap.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
BFG4 wrote:
Nos89 wrote:Just heard the interview with the non league Manager that discovered him. Sounds like a talent with real potential. Wish him well. It's sad people are writing him off before he's even played. Can you imagine the grief Wrighty would have got on this forum when we signed him because of his non league background?
We signed Ian Wright from Palace, not a pub team.
Tony Cascarino came from a proper pub team ( this lad plays at a higher level Northern Premier League) and represented Ireland so that argument is flawed, true he was a shit player but happened to be in the right place at the right time....

Cascarino was playing Kent League when Gillingham signed him for a new set of tracksuits (I was following the Gills at the time). Then he went to Millwall, Villa, Celtic and the Chavs, so fairly small steps, not the massive leap that Cohen has made.

Personally, I don't mind taking a punt on someone like him. 40k will soon be Alexis' daily rate so it's hardly a big risk. If it works, great, if it doesn't, so what. I hope he does well.
Hi Granada,
NPL is level 3 in the Pyramid, Kent League is way below it...
Yes signed from Crockenhill I remember it well.. :lol:

One of my favourite bits of trivia is that Crockenhill were formed from the amalgamation of a youth team and a team called Mudhole Dynamo, possibly the best name for a football club EVER.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
BFG4 wrote: We signed Ian Wright from Palace, not a pub team.
Tony Cascarino came from a proper pub team ( this lad plays at a higher level Northern Premier League) and represented Ireland so that argument is flawed, true he was a shit player but happened to be in the right place at the right time....

Cascarino was playing Kent League when Gillingham signed him for a new set of tracksuits (I was following the Gills at the time). Then he went to Millwall, Villa, Celtic and the Chavs, so fairly small steps, not the massive leap that Cohen has made.

Hi Granada,

One of my favourite bits of trivia is that Crockenhill were formed from the amalgamation of a youth team and a team called Mudhole Dynamo, possibly the best name for a football club EVER.
Has to be one of the worst pitches to play on in the winter, or it was years ago lol :lol:
I remember when Swanley Furness and Crockenhill were going to amalgamate and Swanley had some decent youth players at the time!...

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
Allgunsblazin wrote:
BFG4 wrote: We signed Ian Wright from Palace, not a pub team.

Hi Granada,

Has to be one of the worst pitches to play on in the winter, or it was years ago lol :lol:
I remember when Swanley Furness and Crockenhill were going to amalgamate and Swanley had some decent youth players at the time!...

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

NickF wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:
As long as we're not making him a millionaire I don't mind,however we do have a history of vastly overpaying crap.

Yes of course Wenger uses this philosophy...where if by some chance it does come off he's a miracle worker....so no pressure :D

Saying that lets hope it works out, if not get him off the payroll

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

Bob Bayliss wrote:And we're now looking at a Pjanic buy. Same old same old.
Bob.......you have created a new word which deffo should end up enshrined the Oxford English Dictionary.

Pjanic....noun. A sudden overwhelming fear of pyjamas.

Fuckin excellent :D :barscarf: