We've signed Bramall, Cohen Bramall, I just don't think you understand

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: We've signed Bramall, Cohen Bramall, I just don't think you understand

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:Wenger says no more signings expected ....

We got in early and done our Business :barscarf:

I know that I probably shouldn't take the bait, but did he really say that ? We know not to expect him to buy, but saying that publicly this early would be a new record even for him :roll:

Wenger said no more signings expected.....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

I know that I probably shouldn't take the bait, but did he really say that ? We know not to expect him to buy, but saying that publicly this early would be a new record even for him :roll:

“In our club, who is going out? Nobody at the moment. Who is coming in? Nobody. The best way would’ve been to get [Santi] Cazorla back, to get Danny Welbeck back.

“Anyway, there is very little hope to find players of that quality in the January transfer market. So the best way to deal with that is to get our injured players back.”

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I think the anger needs to be directed at the Club and Lord Cuntyface NOT the poor kid who's just done what most kids dream of,you cant blame him for picking Arsenal over Palace or Wednesday,He'll become an instant Instagram millionaire and end up at Crewe,No wonder we are a fucking laughing stock,

Maybe this will be the signing that convince's Alexis Sanchez to stay?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

“In our club, who is going out? Nobody at the moment. Who is coming in? Nobody. The best way would’ve been to get [Santi] Cazorla back, to get Danny Welbeck back.

“Anyway, there is very little hope to find players of that quality in the January transfer market. So the best way to deal with that is to get our injured players back.”
Least he's not cup-tied for the Champions League games.....

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

robbo10 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

Wenger says the reminds him of Ashley Cole apparently..... :shock:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Redarmy wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

Wenger says the reminds him of Ashley Cole apparently..... :shock:
Which begs the question..........why was he at Hednesford and not a pro club? :rubchin:
Listen,I'd be more than happy if the boy was the next Ashley Cole,because,as much of a prick he was you cannot deny he was one of the world's best left-back's for quite a few years,sad thing is he'll probably be the next Justin Hoyte

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Rugby Gooner wrote: I have just seen him on SSN. I have shat bigger turds.
:lol: :lol:

Poor bloke..... Welcome to Arsenal Cohen :D

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

Why was Ian Wright playing pub league football in his early twenties? Not everybody gets spotted at nine years old so let's give the kid a chance before we start rubbishing him eh?

augie

Post by augie »

Red Snapper wrote:Why was Ian Wright playing pub league football in his early twenties? Not everybody gets spotted at nine years old so let's give the kid a chance before we start rubbishing him eh?

To be fair you are comparing two totally contrasting era's - These days any half decent player is scouted and signed up by clubs long before they reach 20 years old, and it is absolutely unheard of that a player can go from the 7th division in England, to sign for a champions league club overnight. You point at the ian wright situation, but wrighty signed for a small/mid-table club as a stepping stone before joining us, so we were not signing some very raw 20 year old that has ZERO experience as a pro footballer. If this guy was 16 years old or something around that age then I would be ok with this signing - fact is though, that he is 20 and probably a number of years away (best case scenario) from being able to play at this level, and at his age I see that as a ridiculous signing if I'm honest :roll: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Snapper wrote:Why was Ian Wright playing pub league football in his early twenties? Not everybody gets spotted at nine years old so let's give the kid a chance before we start rubbishing him eh?
I wondered how long it would be before someone dragged up that 1 in a million example. Shall I make it 2 in a million before someone else does - yes, Jamie Vardy playing non league football in his early 20s.

Why do we hear about those 2 examples until the cows come home? Because they are as rare as rocking horse shit that's why

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

with a name like that he was born to play at sheffield united. and you know what? i think he just might be several years down the line :barscarf:

Red Snapper

Post by Red Snapper »

SteveO 35 wrote:
I wondered how long it would be before someone dragged up that 1 in a million example. Shall I make it 2 in a million before someone else does - yes, Jamie Vardy playing non league football in his early 20s.

Why do we hear about those 2 examples until the cows come home? Because they are as rare as rocking horse shit that's why
OK but I'm open minded enough not to write this kid off until at the very least I've seen him play.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Red Snapper wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

OK but I'm open minded enough not to write this kid off until at the very least I've seen him play.
Do you attend our reserve games regularly?

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Top priority. Our scouts work around the clock but haven't managed to find a striker worthy of the name in the last four years whilst we have watched van Persie, Aguero, Suarez, Costa, Kane and Vardy all propel their sides to title challenges with their goals.

Probably too busy spending time unearthing the next Carl Jenkinson. Cant wait until he gets thrown to the wolves next year away against a decent side in a domestic cup competition and made to look like a complete fool.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Red Snapper wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

And that's fair enough. Look, I don't think anyone here wants to trash the kid or write him off, but the odds of him succeeding are thousands to one. If he does go on to be our first choice left back and have a long and illustrious career at the club I'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.