We've signed Bramall, Cohen Bramall, I just don't think you understand

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: We've signed Bramall, Cohen Bramall, I just don't think you understand

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

I know that I probably shouldn't take the bait, but did he really say that ? We know not to expect him to buy, but saying that publicly this early would be a new record even for him :roll:

Wenger said no more signings expected.....
“In our club, who is going out? Nobody at the moment. Who is coming in? Nobody. The best way would’ve been to get [Santi] Cazorla back, to get Danny Welbeck back.

“Anyway, there is very little hope to find players of that quality in the January transfer market. So the best way to deal with that is to get our injured players back.”
Least he's not cup-tied for the Champions League games.....
Wenger says the reminds him of Ashley Cole apparently..... :shock:
Poor kid. Only in the door and already his new manager has publicly called him a cúnt. :(

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:Why was Ian Wright playing pub league football in his early twenties? Not everybody gets spotted at nine years old so let's give the kid a chance before we start rubbishing him eh?

To be fair you are comparing two totally contrasting era's - These days any half decent player is scouted and signed up by clubs long before they reach 20 years old, and it is absolutely unheard of that a player can go from the 7th division in England, to sign for a champions league club overnight. You point at the ian wright situation, but wrighty signed for a small/mid-table club as a stepping stone before joining us, so we were not signing some very raw 20 year old that has ZERO experience as a pro footballer. If this guy was 16 years old or something around that age then I would be ok with this signing - fact is though, that he is 20 and probably a number of years away (best case scenario) from being able to play at this level, and at his age I see that as a ridiculous signing if I'm honest :roll: :oops:
Exactly.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Red Snapper wrote:Why was Ian Wright playing pub league football in his early twenties? Not everybody gets spotted at nine years old so let's give the kid a chance before we start rubbishing him eh?
I wondered how long it would be before someone dragged up that 1 in a million example. Shall I make it 2 in a million before someone else does - yes, Jamie Vardy playing non league football in his early 20s.

Why do we hear about those 2 examples until the cows come home? Because they are as rare as rocking horse shit that's why
OK but I'm open minded enough not to write this kid off until at the very least I've seen him play.
And that's fair enough. Look, I don't think anyone here wants to trash the kid or write him off, but the odds of him succeeding are thousands to one. If he does go on to be our first choice left back and have a long and illustrious career at the club I'll be the first to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong.
Also exactly.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote: I have just seen him on SSN. I have shat bigger turds.

:lol: :lol:

Poor bloke..... Welcome to Arsenal Cohen :D
Just to clarify,I wasn't calling the lad a turd,i was merely suggesting that for a defender he is built more like a 1st year Contemporary Dance student

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

SteveO 35 wrote:
I wondered how long it would be before someone dragged up that 1 in a million example. Shall I make it 2 in a million before someone else does - yes, Jamie Vardy playing non league football in his early 20s.

Why do we hear about those 2 examples until the cows come home? Because they are as rare as rocking horse shit that's why
And the Jamie Vardy example reminds us of how much bollocks the myth of Wenger actually is. If Wenger was this genius that his supporters portray him as, then Wenger would've plucked him from Fleetwood Town and Vardy would've been terrorising defences in an Arsenal shirt, not Leicester. Likewise Riyad Mahrez and N'golo Kante (the most effective player in the Premier League!).

How did those 3 slip under Wenger's radar when we're looking for super quality 24 hours a day??

The Bramall transfer is so typical of Wenger:-

* Altruistic (with someone else's money as usual!)
* Cheap
* Not what we need
* Will be hailed as genius if by some miracle it works out
* Will be quietly forgotten by everybody if it fails

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote: I have just seen him on SSN. I have shat bigger turds.

:lol: :lol:

Poor bloke..... Welcome to Arsenal Cohen :D
Just to clarify,I wasn't calling the lad a turd,i was merely suggesting that for a defender he is built more like a 1st year Contemporary Dance student
:lol: i know what you meant mate

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Have just read this thread from start top finish and there is some super quality posts in it that had me chuckling away, so thanks lads (and Pamela, if she posts )

Reminds me that Wenker sees player development (and subsequently selling for a profit ) as a bigger part of his job than actually winning stuff, which should be his primary objective.

Good luck Cohen :barscarf: think you may be needing it !

Sean

Post by Sean »

Joke signing from a joke manager and a joke regime.

We desecrated Highbury to sign pubbers from the Northern League :suicide:

I hope the kid does well, but what chance does he have under this fucking shambles running our club?

Clash

Post by Clash »

Is this signing also an early indication that Wenger is staying? Would Colin have signed if he hadnt been given assurances of who the manager will be and that he is part of the managers plans for european domination.

Of course Graham was allowed to sign Kiwomya about 25 mins before getting sacked so it may mean nothing. Or not. Who knows?! I know I don't :roll:

Anyway we all know Wenger will stay regardless of what atrocities await us this season so I've just wasted your time and my own writing this crap!

Jumpers For Goalposts

That made me chuckle Clash. The online equivalent of driving slowly up a cul-de-sac !! :lol:

Anyway, lets relive some of Wenger's shittest signings. I'll see your Cohen Bramall and I'll raise you an Amaury Bischoff. :banghead:

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Good luck to the lad if he makes the grade will be a great find the odds frankly stacked against him....the odd player will be a rough diamond Vardy has done fantastically well for himself regardless of peoples opinions of him.

On Mahrez and Kante AW of old would of known about these players especially Kante OR as I suspect his judgement is rapidly out on players nowadays not just French league players.

Kante was a massive reason Leicester won the title last year and a massive hole for them this one,proven in the premier league but Wenger went for Xhaka instead a player who can pass a ball,but defensively rash and a red card liability as proven in Germany.....and now here just what we needed :roll:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Topside Northbank wrote:Good luck to the lad if he makes the grade will be a great find the odds frankly stacked against him....the odd player will be a rough diamond Vardy has done fantastically well for himself regardless of peoples opinions of him.

On Mahrez and Kante AW of old would of known about these players especially Kante OR as I suspect his judgement is rapidly out on players nowadays not just French league players.

Kante was a massive reason Leicester won the title last year and a massive hole for them this one,proven in the premier league but Wenger went for Xhaka instead a player who can pass a ball,but defensively rash and a red card liability as proven in Germany.....and now here just what we needed :roll:
My point exactly. Kante is an incredible player - does the job of 2 men week in week out, with zero fuss. But Wenger didn't seem to know about him pre 15/16, and then dicked about last summer, spending more on the liability that is Granit Xhaka.

Kante is the closest thing to Patrick Vieira since - well, Patrick Vieira. Watching him at Chelsea this season makes me want to weep :wailer:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

[quote="Clash"]Is this signing also an early indication that Wenger is staying? Would Colin have signed if he hadnt been given assurances of who the manager will be and that he is part of the managers plans for european domination.

I suspect a 20 year-old playing in the 7th tier, who recently lost his 'proper' job, would have signed for us if Mr Blobby was about to be announced as our new manager. I'm sure he'll be on a weekly salary in four figures and still checking to make sure it's not a wind-up.

He's done what we'd all have loved to have have done. I'm not full of confidence about his future but good luck to him.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Clash wrote:Is this signing also an early indication that Wenger is staying? Would Colin have signed if he hadnt been given assurances of who the manager will be and that he is part of the managers plans for european domination.

I suspect a 20 year-old playing in the 7th tier, who recently lost his 'proper' job, would have signed for us if Mr Blobby was about to be announced as our new manager. I'm sure he'll be on a weekly salary in four figures and still checking to make sure it's not a wind-up.

He's done what we'd all have loved to have have done. I'm not full of confidence about his future but good luck to him.
He will be loaned out and assessed on how he does elsewhere standard for any of the top 6 PL clubs then unless they are seen as at least first team back up level they get moved on in a season or two.

They drop a level and then maybe they get a second chance down the line the club makes money and the player if sensible also can earn a decent living.

Chelsea front load with young talent 20 plus players on loan!Players that never either get a chance or don't quite make it because injuries mean the club go out and buy the big money signing that doesn't always work!

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:That made me chuckle Clash. The online equivalent of driving slowly up a cul-de-sac !! :lol:

Anyway, lets relive some of Wenger's shittest signings. I'll see your Cohen Bramall and I'll raise you an Amaury Bischoff. :banghead:

I was trying to think of the he young guy we snapped up from Gillingham for £500,000 after he became their youngest ever scorer at 15 ? 16 ? But without googling it, I can't remember, that's how much of an impact he had here.

Could also throw in Harvaad Nordtveit, who cost us £2m :shock: and has scored an o.g for City tonight v the not so happy hammers.