Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Non flying Dutchman wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Sanchez is pretending to be asleep rather than talk to Giroud, Wanker or Bould.
yeah he looks pretty pissed off, not sure why, he is a fucking superstar for us, but this is a bit unecessary
I'll be honest i think his relationship with the manager has definitely broken down and possibly with some of his team mates too :rubchin:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Do Swansea fans like Flappy?

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:Iwobi has played well today, back to his early season form :)

Against a shit team so lets hold fire on the adoration for now

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:Sanchez is pretending to be asleep rather than talk to Giroud, Wanker or Bould.
yeah he looks pretty pissed off, not sure why, he is a fucking superstar for us, but this is a bit unecessary
I'll be honest i think his relationship with the manager has definitely broken down and possibly with some of his team mates too :rubchin:
Like us he has seen the light - and wants out - unless of course clueless was to fuckoff and then he might stay, otherwise we must enjoy him in our team till the end of the season then its Adios Muchachos :cry: :banghead:

#WENGERISACUNT

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

augie wrote:
GoonerMuzz wrote:Iwobi has played well today, back to his early season form :)

Against a shit team so lets hold fire on the adoration for now
You do like to exaggerate Augie, hardly adoration saying someone has played well :roll:

Sean

Post by Sean »

Another win for the glorious VT! :barscarf:

It was a disappointingly even first half. Swansea looked much more dangerous. No goal threat from us, as usual - The standard slow, sideways shite from us. Koscielny made a ludicrous and suicidal backpass header, but got away with it. Hollywood made an absolute cúnt of a rare attack on the half hour. It did not look like a side fighting for the VT against a side fighting relegation.

Thank fuck we finally scored. Though it was a bit of a farce with Giroud wanted to be taken off, then left on, then he changed his mind. It was ridiculous that they wanted to bring Chamberlain on instead of Welbeck. If ever there was a time to play Welbeck in his preferred position up front, FFS!

I had thought the ref gave the penalty for the Ki dive. Thank fuck he booked Ki instead. There was some contact from the sometimes gormless Koscielny not getting his leg away in time, but Ki was looking for the foul.

We finally woke up properly for the second half though, with some threat on their goal at last. Glad we got the second goal; a fortunate deflection. It was a bit of a joke that TOF subbed Giroud on 60 minutes anyway; if he was injured after the goal, they should have taken him off then or at HT! He already broke his 70 minutes rule :roll:

Nice to have them score another goal for us; from an ex-scum player at that! It made a nice and welcome change to finally kill a game with a chunk of it to go. I could finally enjoy the game :lol:

Funny to see that Clement had the same 70 minute rule for subs, I'm sure TOF will make a copyright claim there :roll:

I was glad to see Sanchez (FUCKING PAY HIM!) score again. He took advantage of Hollywood fucking up again. His body language was very worrying when he was subbed and afterwards though. Had a right sulk. The subs were logical, if made typically too late to make much difference.

:barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
It makes me wonder whether he's had the chat about the club's plans and it's the same old bollox. I think he's had enough.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Redarmy wrote:
northbank123 wrote:Don't know why BBC are so desperate to try and drum up controversy over that. It was (with the benefit of replays) clearly a dive. Huge decision that the ref got spot on.
because the match commentators are anti Arsenal.... :shock:
Most of the *word censored* are. BT especially... :evil:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Swansea are absolute toilet but we still managed to cough up a serious amount of chances to them. Our defence still scares the shit out of me, a scary bumholing awaits at the bridge in a few weeks time unless something radical changes.

Still happy to win 4 nil. Onwards.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Not totally convinced by the display....yeah i know its 4-0 but still look vulnerable to me...and when they come up against Chavs and Bayern look sure to be exposed...

I measure the Arsenal against Chavs and Bayern...not Swansea

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I had a bizarrely realistic dream last night. We won this 5-1. :shock: Seriously. In this dream I turned to Megan Fox and said "hey stop sucking, honey. The Arsenal are five-one up". :D
0-4 is close enough, I'd get round to her house double quick, you never know, you just never know

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:Swansea are absolute toilet but we still managed to cough up a serious amount of chances to them. Our defence still scares the shit out of me, a scary bumholing awaits at the bridge in a few weeks time unless something radical changes.

Still happy to win 4 nil. Onwards.

If costa doesn't play against us at the bridge, there will be no bumholing 8) He is the type of striker that has given our centre backs nightmares for years, so if he doesn't play they wont cause us trouble with the likes of hazard and pedro. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see that Belgian striker spring from their subs bench, and make himself famous for destroying us :roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I had a bizarrely realistic dream last night. We won this 5-1. :shock: Seriously. In this dream I turned to Brazilian Gooner and said "hey stop sucking, honey. The Arsenal are five-one up". :D

Almost! :wink:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Sanchez seems to be having a little tantrum every game these days :?

Personally I would have left him on though. He's played on the wing all game and only moved to striker once Giroud was taken off. Let the lad play on and try and top the goalscoring charts! he's clearly hungry for goals so why stop him?

It's not as if he's overplayed. He didn't play last weekend and won't play again for another 8 days, so why take him off?

My memory might be failing me but didn't Henry almost always play the full game even when we're hammering teams? :? same with Ronaldo and Messi. Let the guys play ffs.

Anyway, dreadful first half where we were lucky to be in front. Second half was a doddle though. Delighted with the result 8)

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Redarmy wrote:Not totally convinced by the display....yeah i know its 4-0 but still look vulnerable to me...and when they come up against Chavs and Bayern look sure to be exposed...

I measure the Arsenal against Chavs and Bayern...not Swansea
Agreed, if anything in the first half Swansea were the better team.
We were our usual slow, tepid, pass it along the back till we give it away and gift them chances, which they were too poor to take.

Initially I thought it was a penalty, great call from the ref cos their player tried to throw his leg towards Koscienley , who pulled his leg away.

No real stand out players for us, cos they didn't need to. Pleased for Iwobi that he contributed to goals / assists, on occasions he could have been more selfish bit was looking for senior players to pass to.

Had to laugh at one point when Ramsey completely fucked up the commentator said strangely for Ramsey, he picked the wrong option....nothing strange about it, if it isn't a backwards pass, or a pirouette, its a fuck up.

Wasn't a great performance, like the scoreline may suggest, but good to see them not letting Swansea back into it and keep going for another goal.