Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Sanchez spitting his dummy out and sulking like a 2 year old did not look good. To me he has joined the same petulant crew as Payet and Costa.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A convincing win in the end,yet far from a convincing performance.Another win against fodder though,almost time for the announcement of the already signed extension :roll:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

sanchez isn't refusing to play, he's playing and scoring goals. just annoyed he didn't get to overtake costa in the scoring charts.

our fans will moan about anything :shock: who cares if he chucked a glove or whatever, at least its some fucking passion.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:sanchez isn't refusing to play, he's playing and scoring goals. just annoyed he didn't get to overtake costa in the scoring charts.

our fans will moan about anything :shock: who cares if he chucked a glove or whatever, at least its some fucking passion.

Yes dont think you will take that away from Sanchez....that attitude makes him special, chases down every ball...i personally love that.....he is obsessed.....maybe just needs better man management from Wenger :shock: then again not sure Wenger does any of his management duties well

storrmin571

Post by storrmin571 »

augie wrote:For some strange reason our local schoolboy league seems to have some partnership/affiliation with Swansea football club - the league u-13 representative side have gone over there this morning, were meant to play 2 games against the Swansea academy over the weekend and will be attending the game tomorrow in the Liberty Stadium. Last season my eldest son was on the u-13 squad that went over and it was a great weekend, and I also know of a few lads from one of our rival clubs who train with the Swansea Academy who have a training camp (in Belfast I think) once a month
My godson is in the Swansea Academy, he's ginger we don't want him anyway.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Rugby Gooner wrote:Sanchez spitting his dummy out and sulking like a 2 year old did not look good. To me he has joined the same petulant crew as Payet and Costa.
When he first got hauled off and showed his feelings, I thought "fair play" - the bloke's appetite to play 90 minutes and give everything is something special especially when its already 4-0 with just over 10 minutes to play and the game is done. If they all had his attitude we'd be champions

However, when he then proceeded to make it all about "me me me" by sitting there for the rest of the game like a sulky child he made himself look a total c.unt and knew he was going to fan the flames with all the "will he or won't he" shit that the press are loving so much

augie

Post by augie »

It's great that he wants to play every minute and I really applaud his passion and commitment, but if he wasn't taken off and got injured when the pts were already in the bag, then we would have hammered wenker for not giving him a rest.
Right now I think that sanchez's head is all over the place - it's not a big reach to suggest that playing the games is his only release from a time of total frustration for him. When he is on the bench or at training or at home, he is probably constantly thinking about how unhappy he is right now, and playing the games is his comfort zone where he doesn't have to think and just plays the games like he has done all his life.
I think most off us know that he will not sign a new contract under this current regime, but how this plays out now could be very tricky - would it be a big reach for him to go from his current public shows of frustration, to outright demanding to leave and/or threatening to not play if the club don't sell ? We all like the fiery passion that he brings to the pitch, but would it be unreasonable to expect him not to show that same passion when it comes to his frustration at where the club is going ? I hope it never comes to that of course, but fiery people give fiery reactions in all aspects of their life, and there can be no denying how angry and frustrated he currently is :( :(

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:It's great that he wants to play every minute and I really applaud his passion and commitment, but if he wasn't taken off and got injured when the pts were already in the bag, then we would have hammered wenker for not giving him a rest.
Right now I think that sanchez's head is all over the place - it's not a big reach to suggest that playing the games is his only release from a time of total frustration for him. When he is on the bench or at training or at home, he is probably constantly thinking about how unhappy he is right now, and playing the games is his comfort zone where he doesn't have to think and just plays the games like he has done all his life.
I think most off us know that he will not sign a new contract under this current regime, but how this plays out now could be very tricky - would it be a big reach for him to go from his current public shows of frustration, to outright demanding to leave and/or threatening to not play if the club don't sell ? We all like the fiery passion that he brings to the pitch, but would it be unreasonable to expect him not to show that same passion when it comes to his frustration at where the club is going ? I hope it never comes to that of course, but fiery people give fiery reactions in all aspects of their life, and there can be no denying how angry and frustrated he currently is :( :(

think you hit the nail on the head there.....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Can you just imagine if we had a manager with the same amount of Passion that Alexis has? :shock:

instead of the lame, blind, excuse making failure that we have.

:banghead:

philgooner

Post by philgooner »

Looks to me like Alexis wants to play up top and was frustrated with being pulled off, i wish all our players had his passion. :banghead:

philgooner

Post by philgooner »

I rated Iwobi, he's adding grit to his talent, second half was superb. Really making things happen :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

philgooner wrote:I rated Iwobi, he's adding grit to his talent, second half was superb. Really making things happen :D
Its amazing what you can do if you are prepared to beat a man and fizz a dangerous ball into the danger area, rather than just play a backwards or sideways ball isn't it.

augie

Post by augie »

StuartL wrote:
philgooner wrote:I rated Iwobi, he's adding grit to his talent, second half was superb. Really making things happen :D
Its amazing what you can do if you are prepared to beat a man and fizz a dangerous ball into the danger area, rather than just play a backwards or sideways ball isn't it.

Maybe so but he needs to show that he can help out his full back too cos so far he has shown a shocking tendency to leave them exposed

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:I had a bizarrely realistic dream last night. We won this 5-1. :shock: Seriously. In this dream I turned to Megan Fox and said "hey stop sucking, honey. The Arsenal are five-one up". :D
0-4 is close enough, I'd get round to her house double quick, you never know, you just never know
:lol: :lol: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

hartson wrote:Playing really really well....high pressure and determination....that's all we every wanted
...and Fat Tongue Harry Kane got a hat trick for you too! :twisted: