Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Swansea City (A) | PL | Sat 14 Jan 15:00

Post by DB10GOONER »

A good away win. People here were saying we'd struggle against Swansea and their manager was a tactical genius and when we destroy them it's "only Swansea". You can't have it both ways lads! :roll: :lol:

Anyballs, great spot by the ref for the cheating cúnt diving.

Messi-Lite Lionel Ramsey was again our worst player by a long shot. He is simply incapable of doing the right thing with the ball. He is obsessed with trying to be some kind of technical genius. His first two touches were both misplaced passes whilst under no pressure whatsoever. The second one should have seen him get dragged off. In the centre circle, no one near him and he decides to swing a low ball out wide left to our winger with no one near the winger either. Simple enough, huh? You'd think. Not for old Lionel Ramsey, oh no. He wraps his foot around it and under it to put swerve and back spin on it so it goes out front of our winger by about 15 yards and then bends back into a yard or so in front of him. Well, that's what it should do. The Ramsey version just goes straight into touch 15 yards ahead of our winger. :roll: :oops: Every touch he had was either pointless or lost possession. He is now an absolute liability.

The Ox was awful again. No confidence, drifts through games. What is going on with him?

Apart from that most of our lads were decent enough. Even Cech got down to make two good low saves but of course no one will credit him with that as it doesn't fit the agenda... :roll:

The Sanchez situation is troubling. :| I think he has had a major falling out with Wenger. And I think Wenger taking him off on Saturday was Wenger showing him who the boss is, which no doubt will piss Sanchez off even more. I too love Sanchez's die-hard attitude and willingness to chase everything and wanting to play every minute, but the sulking is embarrassing - and it's insulting to his team mates. It says "I'm too good to be subbed, all you other fuckers aren't so you just take it on the chin but I won't". It could drive a wedge between him and them. Getting subbed is part of the game. Deal with it. The whole sulking under his coat thing was pathetic and now gives the retarded media hacks something to stir more shit with. :oops: :roll:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

The sulking is worrying and silly.

Most players would consider being taken off with ten minutes to go when you're 4-0 up as a compliment. Messi doesn't have a problem with it.

It's the manager saying,"the game is won, he's our best player, and we need to save him for future challenges.

Additionally, I think we are reluctant to criticise Alexis because he's our best player and he puts in so much effort, but his passing is atrocious a lot of the time and he's prone to being caught in possession on the halfway line.

I'd hate to lose him, but no-one is bigger than the club.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
StuartL wrote:
philgooner wrote:I rated Iwobi, he's adding grit to his talent, second half was superb. Really making things happen :D
Its amazing what you can do if you are prepared to beat a man and fizz a dangerous ball into the danger area, rather than just play a backwards or sideways ball isn't it.

Maybe so but he needs to show that he can help out his full back too cos so far he has shown a shocking tendency to leave them exposed
I thought that was the Arsenal way ?
Walcott, Podolski, Arshavin, Ramsey etc, etc

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
hartson wrote:Playing really really well....high pressure and determination....that's all we every wanted
...and Fat Tongue Harry Kane got a hat trick for you too! :twisted:

Don't you mean: ...and Fath thung hathy kanthe got a hath trwick for you thoo! ??? :? :D :wink:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Missed the game this week, only saw the goals. Good result & sounds like it was lucky Arsenal in the first half !. I'm worried Feo will not get back into this side when he's 'fit'. Really worried :?: :?: . Now for the mighty Burnley. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Herd

Post by Herd »

I watched the first half then switched off and played kerplunk and other silly games with my son . far more rewarding. Sanchez make your mind up stay or leave . club pay him what he wants or sell him to china but only for cash upfront or a gaurantee of payment from a western bank. tell juventus 70 million or fcuk off. job done herd out.