World Cup Expanded to 48 teams

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: World Cup Expanded to 48 teams

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:Absolutely ludicrous. As if the WC is not boring and over-inflated enough... :roll: :roll:
Expanding the Euros should have been all the evidence they needed not to do it i.e. boring fucking games, with teams becoming more negative in the hope that finishing 3rd in a group could still get you through. There will be bigger mismatches which will result in either more one-sided hammerings, or worse still 11 men behind the ball stinking the place out
Oireland, you mean Oireland, don't you SteveO? It's okay to say it... :tricolour: :lol: :wink:
:D :D

Actually, I had Albania in my mind at the time.....but if the cap fits!

If Oireland knock Ingerlund out of the World Cup having qualified as the 49th team via legal appeal, I fear that my days on the forum may be numbered :D

Sean

Re: World Cup Expanded to 48 teams

Post by Sean »

The death of international football continues. Bollocks decision. Fuck off, FIFA.