Burnley (H) | PL | Sun 22 Jan 14:15

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Burnley (H) | PL | Sun 22 Jan 14:15

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I can't imagine this game will be anything other than fucking boring.

For the life of me I cannot understand how this game was picked out for a live tv showing :shock: :shock: If it was in burnley you could understand it cos they are good at home and there would be a chance of an "upset", but we are at home and this will be a piss easy 3 points so why pick it ? :?
Don't they have a commitment to show every PL club live a minimum number of times per season? So I'm assuming they will try show the minnows against a big club to maximize the possible audience. You'd have to think Arsenal v Burnley will pull more viewers than Hull v Burnley. :lol:

Yes they have a commitment to show all the shite/smaller teams, but surely it would make far more sense if they showed these teams when they are AT HOME versus the bigger teams ? For starters there would be a bigger chance of an upset, but more importantly (for sky) is that when a club like ours has only 3k-5k tickets for an away game, it leaves an awful lot of fans having to watch the game on tv (or live streams) - if (like this weekend) we are at home, we will have 55k fans at the match and that leaves fcuk all people interested in watching the game on tv and this will have a negative effect on viewing figures

shu

Post by shu »

StuartL wrote:
shu wrote:fuck it has changed , now Star Trek , i give up !
Have patience Shu - there will be an advert needing woollybacks, with 6 fingers, to date cousins soon enough.
Turns out my neighbour went to her elderly cousins wedding , 30 years later they married , yes really here in Norfolk. :barscarf:

They had moved in not long before they invited us to the wedding , we didnt go as we didnt know anyone , everyone else was related !!!

shu

Post by shu »

StuartL wrote:
shu wrote:fuck it has changed , now Star Trek , i give up !
Have patience Shu - there will be an advert needing woollybacks, with 6 fingers, to date cousins soon enough.
Turns out my neighbour went to her elderly cousins wedding , 30 years later they married , yes really here in Norfolk. :barscarf:

They had moved in not long before they invited us to the wedding , we didnt go as we didnt know anyone , everyone else was related !!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Perryashburtongroves wrote:I can't imagine this game will be anything other than fucking boring.

For the life of me I cannot understand how this game was picked out for a live tv showing :shock: :shock: If it was in burnley you could understand it cos they are good at home and there would be a chance of an "upset", but we are at home and this will be a piss easy 3 points so why pick it ? :?
Don't they have a commitment to show every PL club live a minimum number of times per season? So I'm assuming they will try show the minnows against a big club to maximize the possible audience. You'd have to think Arsenal v Burnley will pull more viewers than Hull v Burnley. :lol:

Yes they have a commitment to show all the shite/smaller teams, but surely it would make far more sense if they showed these teams when they are AT HOME versus the bigger teams ? For starters there would be a bigger chance of an upset, but more importantly (for sky) is that when a club like ours has only 3k-5k tickets for an away game, it leaves an awful lot of fans having to watch the game on tv (or live streams) - if (like this weekend) we are at home, we will have 55k fans at the match and that leaves fcuk all people interested in watching the game on tv and this will have a negative effect on viewing figures
I'd also imagine that the media "facilities" at our place are superior to those at places like Burnley and that might just influence the production teams... :lol:

Kvltman

Post by Kvltman »

I couldn't be less excited about this game which is bound to be a 3-1 blowout win for Arsenal.

This weekend there is NFL, tennis, snooker and cricket which are all prioritised over watching Wenger fiddle with his zip whilst overseeing another tippy tappy wash out. Cheers Arsenal and Wenger for making me completely indifferent to you after 30 previous years of love for the club. :censored:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:BetSteveO recommends:

Time of first "same old Arsenal always cheating" - 0 to 15 mins
Time of first "yer gonna win fook all" - 60-75 mins

Outside bet of the day is for Burnley to score first followed by "ee-aye ee-aye ee-aye o, oop the football league we go"
What odds you offering on a good old chorus of "Ingerland! Ingerland! Ingerlaaaand!" before, say, the 15th minute?
That one seems to have died down a bit in recent times since the wonderful "Golden Generation" :D

Remember first hearing that when we were stuffing Blackburn 4-1 at their gaff in the snow on the way to Wenger's first title......promptly ended by "You need more foreigners" sung by the Gooner faithful. Oh those were the days :D Arsenal were brilliant and England were slightly better than average - both distant memories !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I wonder who Joey Bartontard will try and elbow on Sunday? Kos? Xhaka? The ref? Dyche? :roll: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

shu wrote:the ad banner above is for single muslims :D :D really ???? wtf this is a footy site ,or atleast a place to come and moan.

Have you noticed how they have 'Westernised' the woman in the photo - No Burka, Veil etc....why don't they go the whole hog and put he rin stockings & suzzies!?

Like this :D

:gooner_ed: :redcard:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:I wonder who Joey Bartontard will try and elbow on Sunday? Kos? Xhaka? The ref? Dyche? :roll: :lol:
Naaah mate remember this is Bartontard :high5: - Good un - and he has moved on from 'elbows' to Gut Punches, he'll obviously go for the youngest and softest bellied player first...

Maybe we should run a book?? :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:BetSteveO recommends:

Time of first "same old Arsenal always cheating" - 0 to 15 mins
Time of first "yer gonna win fook all" - 60-75 mins

Outside bet of the day is for Burnley to score first followed by "ee-aye ee-aye ee-aye o, oop the football league we go"
What odds you offering on a good old chorus of "Ingerland! Ingerland! Ingerlaaaand!" before, say, the 15th minute?
That one seems to have died down a bit in recent times since the wonderful "Golden Generation" :D

Remember first hearing that when we were stuffing Blackburn 4-1 at their gaff in the snow on the way to Wenger's first title......promptly ended by "You need more foreigners" sung by the Gooner faithful. Oh those were the days :D Arsenal were brilliant and England were slightly better than average - both distant memories !

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: WOW! I was at that game - the blackburn neanderthals were throwing (or trying to) small plastic cups of p*ss at the Gooners closest to them..and it only reached their stewards! :lol: :lol: :lol: Ohhh! What fun. :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
shu wrote:the ad banner above is for single muslims :D :D really ???? wtf this is a footy site ,or atleast a place to come and moan.

Have you noticed how they have 'Westernised' the woman in the photo - No Burka, Veil etc....why don't they go the whole hog and put he rin stockings & suzzies!?

Like this :D

:gooner_ed: :redcard:
:oops:

:wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Burnley have some right knuckle draggers ,I have a pal who supports Burnley but is from London , I went to Orient with him one day. We are in the Burnley end and we start to notice some trolls behind use getting closer and mumbling cockney bastards until my mate turns round smiling "allright lads" they see he's wearing a Burnley shirt which confuses them they hate Londoners but he's a fan ,"fookinhell weve got cockney clarets" and for the next 20 mins people kept appearing to stare at us as if we were a rare and exotic animal at the zoo !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Herd wrote:Burnley have some right knuckle draggers ,I have a pal who supports Burnley but is from London , I went to Orient with him one day. We are in the Burnley end and we start to notice some trolls behind use getting closer and mumbling cockney bastards until my mate turns round smiling "allright lads" they see he's wearing a Burnley shirt which confuses them they hate Londoners but he's a fan ,"fookinhell weve got cockney clarets" and for the next 20 mins people kept appearing to stare at us as if we were a rare and exotic animal at the zoo !

:lol:

When I was in Uni - i went out with - well shagged for a couple weeks this chick called julie from Burrrnlaay - She pronounced her own name Joooolaaaay and FFS was Furrr Fooooks Saaaake. :D

ps: She gave great ***** jobs cos she had 6 fingers on each hand! and a grip like a tyre fitter :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Herd wrote:Burnley have some right knuckle draggers ,I have a pal who supports Burnley but is from London , I went to Orient with him one day. We are in the Burnley end and we start to notice some trolls behind use getting closer and mumbling cockney bastards until my mate turns round smiling "allright lads" they see he's wearing a Burnley shirt which confuses them they hate Londoners but he's a fan ,"fookinhell weve got cockney clarets" and for the next 20 mins people kept appearing to stare at us as if we were a rare and exotic animal at the zoo !

:lol:

When I was in Uni - i went out with - well shagged for a couple weeks this chick called julie from Burrrnlaay - She pronounced her own name Joooolaaaay and FFS was Furrr Fooooks Saaaake. :D

ps: She gave great ***** jobs cos she had a cock. :lol:
:shock:

:lol: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Northern lasses are great ,no messing around chats ups at a minimum !
"Fancy a shag ?" "only for you ya smooth talking bastard !"
From Bredbury hall to the Grafton liverpool Grays in Newcastle you just can't beat a northern lass ,although I have a soft spot for Norfolk lasses too !