Cazorla & BFG Contract Extensions

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Cazorla & BFG Contract Extensions

Post by DB10GOONER »

ConnorGeno wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
Having Cazorla on the pitch gives us a lot more going forward than playing two defensive minded midfielders alongside eachother, and you can see that not having him in the team makes such a big difference to us. A player with his ability is someone who you can't let go.
Firstly, welcome on board.

As for Santi, I'm a fan of his, he's a great player, superb technique and vision. But that is not of enough benefit to the team often enough because he is crocked too often. Same with Rosicky when he was here. Rosicky was one of the best technical passers of a ball I've ever seen but was out injured too often for that ability to be any use to us.

We need players that can put in a lot more than 5 or 10 games a season.... certainly for the money they are on. :|
I do agree with that but at this point in time I can't really see any players that we can bring in that are gonna actually make an impact to our team , well any that Arsene will actually go out and spend a good amount of money on.
And there is the crux of the issue and one of the main reasons we need Wenger gone.
Say Wenger went at the end of the season, Ozil wouldn't stay and Sanchez will probably go aswell. What manager is gonna be available to come in and attract players though?
Another way to look at that is why does the new manager necessarily need to "attract players"? You mean big name players right? Well, maybe the new manager might have tactical ability, might understand the game in a pragmatic way, and might build a system of play that gets the best out of the players he has. Simeone could do that - that's just one example.

This fear of what might follow Wenger cannot stop us from moving forward. Who was Wenger when he arrived? He was a nobody, but initially, for the first 10 years, that turned out quite well.

And who is to say a new manager wouldn't "attract players"? Why wouldn't he? The attraction of playing for the biggest club in a great city like London?

ConnorGeno

Post by ConnorGeno »

DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
ConnorGeno wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Firstly, welcome on board.

As for Santi, I'm a fan of his, he's a great player, superb technique and vision. But that is not of enough benefit to the team often enough because he is crocked too often. Same with Rosicky when he was here. Rosicky was one of the best technical passers of a ball I've ever seen but was out injured too often for that ability to be any use to us.

We need players that can put in a lot more than 5 or 10 games a season.... certainly for the money they are on. :|
I do agree with that but at this point in time I can't really see any players that we can bring in that are gonna actually make an impact to our team , well any that Arsene will actually go out and spend a good amount of money on.
And there is the crux of the issue and one of the main reasons we need Wenger gone.
Say Wenger went at the end of the season, Ozil wouldn't stay and Sanchez will probably go aswell. What manager is gonna be available to come in and attract players though?
Another way to look at that is why does the new manager necessarily need to "attract players"? You mean big name players right? Well, maybe the new manager might have tactical ability, might understand the game in a pragmatic way, and might build a system of play that gets the best out of the players he has. Simeone could do that - that's just one example.

This fear of what might follow Wenger cannot stop us from moving forward. Who was Wenger when he arrived? He was a nobody, but initially, for the first 10 years, that turned out quite well.

And who is to say a new manager wouldn't "attract players"? Why wouldn't he? The attraction of playing for the biggest club in a great city like London?
If we bring in a not as well known manager again and he peforms, I will happily be proven wrong,

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I thought Jack Nicholson had escaped?! Or was it the big Indian fella? :rubchin: :? :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

arseofacrow wrote:I thought Jack Nicholson had escaped?! Or was it the big Indian fella? :rubchin: :? :barscarf:
Another injection needed over here nurse Ratched
Last edited by StuartL on Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
arseofacrow wrote:I thought Jack Nicholson had escaped?! Or was it the big Indian fella? :rubchin: :? :barscarf:
Another injection need over here nurse Ratched
:lol: :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Cazorla would be worth a one-year deal if there is a chance he will stay fit for most of the year - which I'm sceptical of.

Mertesacker isn't worth shit and the thought of him scares me even more than Gabriel.

Nothing summarises Wenger's inability to cut the cord (or his propensity to buy players' loyalty) than today being Walcott's 11th anniversary at the club.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

northbank123 wrote:Cazorla would be worth a one-year deal if there is a chance he will stay fit for most of the year - which I'm sceptical of.

Mertesacker isn't worth shit and the thought of him scares me even more than Gabriel.

Nothing summarises Wenger's inability to cut the cord (or his propensity to buy players' loyalty) than today being Walcott's 11th anniversary at the club.
11 years of "potential". 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Another injection needed over here nurse Ratched
Fuc.k the injections just do a Labotomy - Oooops! Sorry forget he's already had one of them! :lol: :wink: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

If you think that these contract extentions means wenger is leaving then think again , they are the acts of a man who is gearing up for the next 2/3 years !

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Looked at the League number of days players are on the injury list and yes folks...
We are up there.. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Looked at the League number of days players are on the injury list and yes folks...
We are up there.. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Arsenal spent £14,720.000 on wages for injured players last season... And we now extend the contracts of two of the long term injuries..

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:Arsenal spent £14,720.000 on wages for injured players last season... And we now extend the contracts of two of the long term injuries..

And yet we don't have the money to compete :roll: :oops:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:100% agree rodders.

I love Santi, such a classy technical player, but he is crocked. 23 PL appearances over the last 2 seasons? Each injury taking longer to heal? We'll be lucky to get 5 - 10 PL games a season out of him now. Sad but true. :(

As for the Big German Vagina? Once, a long time ago, he made up for his retarded-snail-type pace with his ability to read the game and position himself accordingly. But those days are now long long gone. Plus he is now a fucking coward and should not get another penny from the club. :roll:

Typical Wenger, over-rewarding players for delivering little to nothing. :roll: :x
DB10. You're spot on! Crazy to offer these two players any deals. Maybe Santi a small basic & a 'Pay as you Play' contact.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

augie wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:Arsenal spent £14,720.000 on wages for injured players last season... And we now extend the contracts of two of the long term injuries..

And yet we don't have the money to compete :roll: :oops:
IS THAT Right?? £14,720.000. Madness.