Cazorla & BFG Contract Extensions

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Cazorla & BFG Contract Extensions

Post by falkirk goon »

Midz wrote:
Rugby Gooner wrote:Both injury liabilities,and sadly therefore,wastes of money. :roll: :banghead:
Spot on.

Only an idiot club like ours would do this.
I concur on both counts

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
GranadaJoe wrote:I can understand wanting to keep Santi. No other player can offer the same composure and control in attack and defence as him. Without knowing the extent of his injury I wouldn't know whether to offer him a deal or not.

I like the BFG, but his time has passed and it's time to say goodbye.

I understand that, but my answer to that is that we should go out any buy someone to do that job who will be fit for most of the season instead of an odd appearance here and there
We all recognize the utter folly of wasting money on contracts like these, but for me this is only half the problem - keeping part time players fills squad places and allows le cock to use the size of the squad as a reason not to buy, whilst totally ignoring the fact that there are several players in the squad that wont be playing cos they are either frequently injured, or just not of the required standard
100% with you on that augie. Anyone that knows anything about football knows Santi is done. He will be fit for 5 - 10 games a season. You simply do not come back full time from Achilles injuries in your 30's. It will constantly just flair up again. And so Mr 30 Years wastes a squad slot and a huge salary on a player that we will get minimum return from. Again. :roll:

The absolute maximum I would even consider rewarding Santi with would be a pay as you play contract. But tbh I'd ship him out.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

augie wrote:
Skooner wrote:I can sort of understand re-signing Cazorla but it would have to be on reduced terms for a year and on the acceptance from the manager he becomes a squad player unlike now where if he is fit he plays. You can't afford more than one or two injury prone players in the squad but if we used him correctly still has the potential to be useful in certain matches.

But extending the BFG makes no sense, he's expensive and way past his best (which wasn't brilliant anyway).

Cazorla has been out injured for months and has just had another op which will rule him out of the next 10 weeks apparently - where or how does it make sense giving him a new deal ? :? I wouldn't keep him if he offered to play for free
I didn't say I would keep him I said I can more understand it. It's possible the reason he has been injury prone in the last couple of years is because Wenger (like so many other players) is running him into the ground by playing him all the time. When he plays Cazorla brings something we don't have anywhere else in the squad but we should definitely be trying to replace him rather than continue to be reliant on him.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

Even if the big ducking vagina was injury free - his contract should not be extended. He's a coward and well past his best and his best wasn't that great tbh. But of course he'll get his extension and he'll be paid for doing fuck all and when he retires and he's doing a bit of TV work he won't have a bad word to say about The manager of the decade :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Cazorla can have a one year extension just because he's a decent player but that lanky, cowardly defender should be told to fuck off and join a Bundesliga 2 club, which is about his level.

It's all a plot by Wanker to surround himself with 'his' people who then owe him a favour and won't challenge his authority. New players bring new challenges and he can't control them so easily. It's pure dictator behaviour from football's Führer.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

For footballing reasons BFG no brainer let him go best part of 70- 80k a week saved for a player who isn't first choice and he can be replaced with Holding.

Cazorla sadly now is not going to play 30+ games in a season and at 32 the injuries are not going to go away the PL is unforgiving in CM again around another 80- 90k a week saved.

Pay or at least offer Sanchez 250k a week because I would imagine between BFG and Cazorla there is a minimum of at least 150k a week between them that would be better used at least attempting in keeping a world class player in peak years at our club.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Perry's got it spot on. What Wonga does is surround himself with 'yes men', constantly rewarding under performing players with game time AND new improved contracts! Who is going to cross Wonga when he gives them this!!?? He's a clever bastard that old fucker and there's not one person in a 'senior' position who will challenge anything (mainly because there is only one senior person to Wonga and that is Kr$nky and Wonga could piss in Kr$nkys wifes mouth every night and Wiggy would think it must be a good thing)!!

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Santi squad player no problem.
BFG get rid off! What is the deluded one going to do make him captain again and bench one of our defenders. Suicidal!! The tall german is spent, and will offer nothing.

augie

Post by augie »

wilko49er wrote:Santi squad player no problem.
BFG get rid off! What is the deluded one going to do make him captain again and bench one of our defenders. Suicidal!! The tall german is spent, and will offer nothing.

No point keeping a squad player that is constantly injured buddy - that 90k (minimum) per week could be better used paying a replacement that is available for selection and ready to bring something to the party

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
wilko49er wrote:Santi squad player no problem.

No point keeping a squad player that is constantly injured buddy - that 90k (minimum) per week could be better used paying a replacement that is available for selection and ready to bring something to the party
Agreed. The sad fact is that Cazorla would as useful a "squad player" as Rosicky, Peanut Head and Arteta were. We are not a charity, why pay someone 80 grand a week just to hang around the place? I'm available if that's the deal FFS!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

FFS :banghead:

I quote; "Wenger reckons the player's experience could be vital in the second half of the campaign".

Well if we need his experience of cowardly ducking away from the ball at every opportunity then we are sorted! :oops: :roll:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Modern Arsene fc under le bumhole :oops:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

All the talk for the past 6 months has been about the contracts of Ozil and Alexis and in the last 10 days we've seen Coq, Giroud, Kos and BFG sign. Cazorla's is going to be announced any day now and in the Standard last night they were on about Gibbs, Wilshire and Ox who have 18 months left on theirs and are next to be targeted.

Ozil and Alexis are off but the good news is everyone else can't get enough of the place. Contracts all round and once all his disciples have signed up it will time for the "maker of men" himself to put pen to paper....for life :suicide:

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

2 very sentimental contract extensions, I'm sure we'll see another once the VT has been secured :roll: