FA CUP V SOTON

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: FA CUP V SOTON

Post by augie »

If the decision was mine I would pick a first choice 11 for this fixture - for Sutton's players it would be great tale for them in years to come that they lined up against Arsenal's "superstars"
More importantly though, I think every player should (on occasion) be made to play games in some small shit hole stadiums so that they can appreciate how lucky they are, and MAYBE it might actually inspire the c.unts to work a bit harder in the subsequent games :roll: Of course for the younger potential superstars in our academy, it will give them a chance to see first hand the level they will play at when they inevitably (sp :oops: ) be fcuked out of our club in a few years :roll: :oops: :oops:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:Capacity of Gander Green Lane is 5,013
Number of seats 765
Likely away allocation 755

Capacity in the trees overlooking the ground - unknown :D

can imagine Ty and Claude arguing about the single Toilet available.... :D :D :D

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:If the decision was mine I would pick a first choice 11 for this fixture - for Sutton's players it would be great tale for them in years to come that they lined up against Arsenal's "superstars"
More importantly though, I think every player should (on occasion) be made to play games in some small shit hole stadiums so that they can appreciate how lucky they are, and MAYBE it might actually inspire the c.unts to work a bit harder in the subsequent games :roll: Of course for the younger potential superstars in our academy, it will give them a chance to see first hand the level they will play at when they inevitably (sp :oops: ) be fcuked out of our club in a few years :roll: :oops: :oops:

could be a tad naive there mate, think our superstars are too far removed from the world of Gander Green Lane

although would love to see Ramsey spend a month their getting back to reality :D

foxinthebox2001

Post by foxinthebox2001 »

Gunner Rob wrote:Capacity of Gander Green Lane is 5,013
Number of seats 765
Likely away allocation 755

Capacity in the trees overlooking the ground - unknown :D
Wenger could smuggle in at least 3 more fans under his unfeasibly long coat, so long as the zip can cope.

Ziegler1988

Post by Ziegler1988 »

Sutton match moved to Monday night. Guaranteed to be in the hat for the 6th round draw now :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Arsenal players live in a comfort zone wrapped in bubble wrap. If the unthinkable happens (and it is getting more thinkable by the day) it won't affect the players the way Wrexham 25 years ago did..
They would pile back on their luxury coach, headphones on and go home. Wenger would blame the 3G pitch,the weather, the timing of the game etc etc.
Cannot believe that a defeat, while hurting the players, would devastate them. Life would go on, the tills would ring in the Armoury at the next home game and the disciples would still adore.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Bradywasking wrote:Arsenal players live in a comfort zone wrapped in bubble wrap. If the unthinkable happens (and it is getting more thinkable by the day) it won't affect the players the way Wrexham 25 years ago did..
They would pile back on their luxury coach, headphones on and go home. Wenger would blame the 3G pitch,the weather, the timing of the game etc etc.
Cannot believe that a defeat, while hurting the players, would devastate them. Life would go on, the tills would ring in the Armoury at the next home game and the disciples would still adore.
Luxury coach ?? Surely a trip to Sutton would mean a flight on the private jet.......it is over 20 miles after all.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Anything less than a 15-0 win for The Arsenal is simply unacceptable. 8)

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Monday, 20th February at 7.55pm

:|

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Tickets £30 (to stand in the equivalent of a bike shed)

750 allocated -ballot only