Xhaka

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: Xhaka

Post by General »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:07 pm
General wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Blade wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:57 am
He doesn't sense danger, no awareness very loose first touch for this level and cannot run.
https://mobile.twitter.com/afcstuff/sta ... 44/photo/2
That looks a promo pic for the next Addams Family movie. Lurch . . . . . . . .
Fit bird on his arm, stray passes don't matter.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:56 am
For me, Xhaka is a perfect example of the Modern Arsenal midfielder.... like Ramsey, Ox, Elneny, Coquelin, Wilshere etc etc etc... he will have a good game where he looks the part and then he will have a few absolute mares and you think this guy is Division 1 at best, and then he'll have another good game and then more shit games. All those listed above are not good enough for The Arsenal in the PL because they have no consistency of performance. They are technically good mostly but that is not enough. I'd take Ray Parlour ahead of every one of them. Romford was not top notch technically but he consistently played at a high level and did the job asked of him effectively nearly every game.
You missed out the "midfielder" that still makes me want to vomit even now. The laziest, slowest, crappest, most annoying "midfielder" ever. He was the first Arsenal player that I truly despised - glove wearing shit for brains!!

Alex bloody Song :banghead:

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
For me, Xhaka is a perfect example of the Modern Arsenal midfielder.... like Ramsey, Ox, Elneny, Coquelin, Wilshere etc etc etc... he will have a good game where he looks the part and then he will have a few absolute mares and you think this guy is Division 1 at best, and then he'll have another good game and then more shit games. All those listed above are not good enough for The Arsenal in the PL because they have no consistency of performance. They are technically good mostly but that is not enough. I'd take Ray Parlour ahead of every one of them. Romford was not top notch technically but he consistently played at a high level and did the job asked of him effectively nearly every game.
Every single one of them is carrying major flaws - pace, vision, positional awareness, passing range, tacking, dribbling etc , all the basics you would expect a midfielder at a club of our stature to have are missing in a majority of them. Consequently the fraud has to experiment to find the right balance even against shitty sides. From memory 07/08 was the last time we had a midfield capable of winning titles. Within the space of a season, we lost 2 of them and it's been downhill since. Problem is the football the cunnt insists on playing is so reliant on having a proper midfield it's insane that this issue has been allowed to fester for so long.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Good summary General but the 07/08 midfield was also woefully unbalanced. From memory it was Rosicky, Hleb, Fabregas and one of Diaby, Denilson, Song and Diarra?? May have been others but I cannot recall.

The first three were supremely talented but didn't exactly strike fear into anybody. The next were utter, utter shite. Diarra was okay but never fulfilled his potential.

Without wanting to turn this into a Wenger bashing post - that midfield is classic post 2006 Wenger. Technically gifted but as weak as piss.

General

Post by General »

Jumpers - We also had a peak Flamini and Gilberto who still had some legs left. It wasn't the best midfield ever but you could throw any two of them together without ruining the balance like the current collection of cloggers we've assembled. We only fell 4points or so short that season and came up against United and Chelsea who had monstrous squads back then. I would hand on heart say some of the football we played in midfield that season was scintillating and I genuinely thought the fraud had rediscovered the Midas touch only for him to proceed to fuck it all up in typical fashion in the second half of the season.

officepest
Location: Lacking a little bit of sharpness in the final third.

Post by officepest »

He's total fucking mince. Decent shot on him and that's it.

£35m down the drain on this colossal waste of space.

Jumpers For Goalposts

General wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:18 pm
Jumpers - We also had a peak Flamini and Gilberto who still had some legs left. It wasn't the best midfield ever but you could throw any two of them together without ruining the balance like the current collection of cloggers we've assembled. We only fell 4points or so short that season and came up against United and Chelsea who had monstrous squads back then. I would hand on heart say some of the football we played in midfield that season was scintillating and I genuinely thought the fraud had rediscovered the Midas touch only for him to proceed to fuck it all up in typical fashion in the second half of the season.
Flamini and Gilberto. How could I forget them? I thought Gilberto had left before then but that's cos I'm getting old.

I remember being at Liverpool away in Winter 07/08 when we won 3-1 ???? Some of the football was sublime but we always looked vulnerable at the back. I'd never seen an Arsenal team so skilful but, at the same time, so vulnerable.

I think that is where the modern Arsenal problem started - great with the ball but useless without it. And that still haunts us today

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Sorry lads, take the sentimental glasses off... Gilberto was absolute dogshit his last couple seasons with us... he went from being a really good side to side DM with superb positioning and anticipation to a shambling mis-passing wreck stumbling around the pitch. Another once great player retained and played past his sell-by date. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:22 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
You missed out the "midfielder" that still makes me want to vomit even now. The laziest, slowest, crappest, most annoying "midfielder" ever. He was the first Arsenal player that I truly despised - glove wearing shit for brains!!

Alex bloody Song :banghead:
I left Alex Mong out for two reasons;

1. he's not in the current or recent side :wink:
2. he was absolute cuntshit and makes me too want to vomit when I even think about him. Never seen such a useless cúnt loved (and RATED!! :shock: ) by so many people. He could not pass, could not tackle (but loved to throw in a Hollywood tackle and give away free kicks in that lovely dangerous area 20 - 30 yards from goal). Utter, utter dogshit, and when our midfield had him and the equally useless LegoHead Denilson in it we were truly fucking awful to watch. Only two Arsenal player (I think) I've ever actually hated are Alex Mong and Comedy Eboue. :twisted: :x :censored:

Blade

Post by Blade »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8B4WdwTO4E

highlighting Xhaka's faillings.

6 goals and counting

Jock Gooner

Post by Jock Gooner »

Blade wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 8:28 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8B4WdwTO4E

highlighting Xhaka's faillings.

6 goals and counting

I have to admit I was intrigued that somebody could find something new to drop on the waste of money that is Xhaka.

I am also interested in what pushes somebody to summon the energy to write about Xhaka. I have often started a post about him only to give up due to a lack of necessary oomph to finish the post.

But Blade, you put the effort in mate and you saw it through and any reminder of how shit he is is welcome :barscarf: :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I've hated this useless piece of shit pretty much since day one. What is he actually good at? His tackling is somewhere between cowardly and awkward, mixed with a dash of brainlessness, he has the touch of a club footed elephant with pace to match, and unless we're playing a bunch of Championship level plodders his shooting is fucking desperate

Hopefully he'll be right near the top of the next bloke's clear out list

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 am
I've hated this useless piece of shit pretty much since day one. What is he actually good at? His tackling is somewhere between cowardly and awkward, mixed with a dash of brainlessness, he has the touch of a club footed elephant with pace to match, and unless we're playing a bunch of Championship level plodders his shooting is fucking desperate

On a good day he's completely average. We can count ourselves lucky if he is just anonymous, with the game passing him by.

On a bad day he's a fucking disaster. Zero positional awareness and zero inherent ability to spot obvious danger. Fucking lazily watches players run past him. Frightening casual in the way which he gives away the ball. Tackles like a complete twat.

Everybody signs shit players - if you're in the job long enough, it happens. One of the key differences is that rather than accepting that like any other half-decent manager who cares more about winning than his ego, Wenger plays him every single fucking game.

He'd be the first one I'd kick out the door, very closely followed by Mustafi.

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 am
Herd wrote:We paid a total of £38 million for this clown ,and we tracked him for a year too !
Wanders around like a lost boy in a playground on his first day at school !
He appears to have no pace and can't play !
WTF ?
He looked good last summers Euros whats happened to him?
He was coached by the one and only Lord Darth Wenger

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 3:44 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun May 06, 2018 11:15 am

On a good day he's completely average. We can count ourselves lucky if he is just anonymous, with the game passing him by.

On a bad day he's a fucking disaster. Zero positional awareness and zero inherent ability to spot obvious danger. Fucking lazily watches players run past him. Frightening casual in the way which he gives away the ball. Tackles like a complete twat.

Everybody signs shit players - if you're in the job long enough, it happens. One of the key differences is that rather than accepting that like any other half-decent manager who cares more about winning than his ego, Wenger plays him every single fucking game.

He'd be the first one I'd kick out the door, very closely followed by Mustafi.
N.B123- all most excellent points indeed.

My question however, is to whom the devil will consider buying this clown considering his fee or wages he is probably on...