Xhaka

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Xhaka

Post by DB10GOONER »

Blade wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:57 am
He doesn't sense danger, no awareness very loose first touch for this level and cannot run.
You could say that for any Modern Arsenal mi- ah, you know the rest... :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:46 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:what is it with that allgunsblazin and always equating it to his being albanian? i'm sure i'm not the first person to pick up on this? :|
No shit Sherlock, because he is from Albania!
And his attitude towards "Fucking White Bitches" is disgusting!

Apologies to Albania, he is of Kosovan parentage!...
But that is all in the past...Wenger has adopted him, taken him under his wing, set him on the AFC cluttered path to meaninglessness.

MrT

Post by MrT »

Had high hopes for this guy, was highly rated in Germany. People were talking like he could be the next Xabi Alonso :banghead:

A 24 year old pro that still doesn't understand situational awareness is baffling and inexcusable at this level.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Another mesmerising signing by the blind one.... :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

our new john Jensen :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 am
Herd wrote:We paid a total of £38 million for this clown ,and we tracked him for a year too !
Wanders around like a lost boy in a playground on his first day at school !
He appears to have no pace and can't play !
WTF ?

He looked good last summers Euros whats happened to him?
He did?? I saw him take a penalty at the Euro's and they had to go to the car park to retrieve the ball.

Wright & Murphy were saying on MOTD last week that he had no sense of danger and we saw that with Rooney's goal. Of course BFG joined the idiots party but it was still Xhaka who thought he had so much more time, oblivious of Rooney waiting to pounce....it's inexcusable...couple that with his lazy passing, inability to tackle.... should become a firm Wenger favourite. People say he's crap...not so says Mr. 30 years..he sees so much more than us mortals :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

General

Post by General »

Blade wrote:
He doesn't sense danger, no awareness very loose first touch for this level and cannot run.
https://mobile.twitter.com/afcstuff/sta ... 44/photo/2

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

would be nice if we had someone in our team that gave him absolute shit every time he monged out, sadly i don't even think jack has the balls to do it, and we certainly don't have the gaffer :oops:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

General wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Blade wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/afcstuff/sta ... 44/photo/2
That looks a promo pic for the next Addams Family movie. Lurch . . . . . . . .

Non flying Dutchman

Post by Non flying Dutchman »

Honestly, I think he is quite good

Is he what we need (another Gilberto) no of course not, but he is nowhere near as bad as some make out.

Just my opinion of course

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

The bloke is an absolute moron.

The running theme this year seems to be ''Xhaka loses possession to (enter name here).....OH IT'S A GOAL,' and the only person who can't see it is Mr 30 Years. He's about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican, I can't see how we.ve spent around £35m on the man when he lacks awareness and general footballing common sense.

He's like a thicker version of Arteta.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

For me, Xhaka is a perfect example of the Modern Arsenal midfielder.... like Ramsey, Ox, Elneny, Coquelin, Wilshere etc etc etc... he will have a good game where he looks the part and then he will have a few absolute mares and you think this guy is Division 1 at best, and then he'll have another good game and then more shit games. All those listed above are not good enough for The Arsenal in the PL because they have no consistency of performance. They are technically good mostly but that is not enough. I'd take Ray Parlour ahead of every one of them. Romford was not top notch technically but he consistently played at a high level and did the job asked of him effectively nearly every game.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:58 pm
The bloke is an absolute moron.

The running theme this year seems to be ''Xhaka loses possession to (enter name here).....OH IT'S A GOAL,' and the only person who can't see it is Mr 30 Years. He's about as useful as a condom machine in the Vatican, I can't see how we.ve spent around £35m on the man when he lacks awareness and general footballing common sense.

He's like a thicker version of Arteta.
That first two seasons Arteta was with us he was our most effective player by a long way. Then his legs went and it was shitsville for his last few seasons, but before that he was superbly effective in that DM role. His positioning and anticipation were excellent in that first couple seasons and maybe most importantly, he kept it simple.

Blade

Post by Blade »

I grew up watching Micheal Thomas,Steve Williams,Brian Talbot proper midfielders, super dependable,knows how to tackle,totally aware when to move forward or hang back.. sigh.

Even Parlour had more beans.

Blade

Post by Blade »

That first two seasons Arteta was with us he was our most effective player by a long way.
Agreed..And it was alarming how he fell away physically..

But even then Aw kept playing him!.